TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The new COBRA.

sudden

I dont know if even AMY knows, but a few years ago Carroll was involved with Ford on the NEW COBRA! They even made a few die cast models of it. I thought it looked very retro. and reallllllll fast. I am speculating that Ford will put it out 2010 as their new HALO car like the Ford GT. Just think of the ADM on those puppies. SUDDEN. :waiting:

Here it is in Vegas - at Shelby - so I think Amy would know about it. I don't think it evokes the original as well as the 05 Mustang does its original. I think they should take another stab at it. It didn't garner the attention that the Ford GT and GT500 did, so I don't think it will reach production unless it's redone.

th_0111082114.jpg

th_0112081230a.jpg

th_0112081231.jpg

wasnt there one at the CSBB in Vegas?

I fairly certain it was there........kinda squared off looking with reagrds to the original design?

someone must have pics?

(I know, I know, they are in the BB section, relax mods!)

Yes, the one and only was at the BB. It even ran on the track during our performance driving experiance. But it broke down, some kind of electrical problem. That V10 engine looked and sounded awsome.

2741.jpg

tb_2636.jpg

tb_2614.jpg

I know Carroll was really into this car. I read that he wants to make it. I think it looks great just the way it is. I can not remember the power plant but I think it was the FGT motor. Thanks for the pictures from one flyboy to another. What happened to the one that looks like a Daytona coupe that hot rod rick took a picture of? Is that one going to be made? SUDDEN.

I know Carroll was really into this car. I read that he wants to make it. I think it looks great just the way it is. I can not remember the power plant but I think it was the FGT motor. Thanks for the pictures from one flyboy to another. SUDDEN.

V10 based one-off motor

I know Carroll was really into this car. I read that he wants to make it. I think it looks great just the way it is. I can not remember the power plant but I think it was the FGT motor. Thanks for the pictures from one flyboy to another. What happened to the one that looks like a Daytona coupe that hot rod rick took a picture of? Is that one going to be made? SUDDEN.

Here's what I thought was the new Daytona. This thing is absolutely beautiful. Don't know what the story is on production.

th_0111082117.jpg

th_0112081230.jpg

th_0112081231a.jpg

I'd take either. The Cobra looks awesome. Modern enough but still enough to show the lineage. I would think production would be a big-block V8.

I would doubt the Daytona would come out in the polished stainless finish. What engine did it have in it?

If Shelby productizes these they'll probably be rollers (no engine/drive train) like the current Cobras.

This car was featured on RIDES some time ago, following it through development to tires on the ground with CS doing burnouts in the parking lot.

Farmdog - You beat me to the punch. The Rides episode originally aired back in '04 I think, but it's still on re-runs (along with two or three Rides episodes featuring Unique Performance). The Cobra was designed with one purpose only - the enjoyment of driving. No cup holders, no windows, no automatic tranny, etc. Ford made a commerical a while back with Mustang GT, GT500, and glimpses of the Cobra. My guess is that Ford had orignially planned on producing some form of this car to compete against the Corvette, but now it looks like Ford is counting on the GT500 to do that through at least 2010.

Here's what I thought was the new Daytona. This thing is absolutely beautiful. Don't know what the story is on production.

th_0111082117.jpg

th_0112081230.jpg

th_0112081231a.jpg

That is the one I like. If I remember they were talking $200K or $250K MSRP on that car if they were to make it a production car. I think they said that was all stainless if I remember correctly.

Shelby GR-1 Concept

Length 173.7 (4413mm)

Width 74.6 (1834mm)

Height 46.0 (1168mm)

Wheelbase 100 (2540mm)

Track Front 63.0 (1598mm)

Track Rear 61.3 (1558mm)

Front Overhang 35.6 (903mm)

Rear Overhang 38.2 (970mm)

Min. Ground Clearance 5.9 (150mm)

Curb Weight 3900 lbs est.

Tire Size 275/40/R19 front 345/35/R19 rear

Engine Ford 6.4L V10

Max RPM 7500RPM

Horsepower 605 @ 6750RPM

Torque 501lb/ft @ 5550RPM

Transmission 6-speed transaxle with LSD

Final Drive Ratio 3.36:1

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-Top-Rear-1.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-Top-Angle-.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-Side-1024x.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-RA-Top-128.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-George-Sar.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-FA-1024x76.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-Carroll-Sh.jpg

DUDE, you did it, now I want one. Killer pictures! It looks like it could haul ass just sittin there. What is with the V10 motor? They could put big block CAMMER in it. Heck if Shelby wanted it,Ford would say"HELL YA, Lets do it!" SUDDEN

Archived