TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mark Fields speech to CAR/transcript of Aug.9

JETSOLVER

Mark Fields speech/Ford media. First and most notable apparently he is aware of the dealership issues weve been dealing with, even if not for the right reasons "And, even as we’re building momentum in the mainstream car market, we’re going to keep the pedal to the floor on performance cars.

The Mustang coupe and convertible remain hot, and I don’t think there’s a Ford dealer in the land who doesn’t have a waiting list for the new Ford Shelby GT500 – the fastest production Mustang ever.

But we’re not stopping there." Hmmmmm :headscratch:

And I like the thinly vieled suggestion that future product development $ might be tied to some kind of legislative quid pro quo "Ford is considering investments of up to $1 billion in several Michigan facilities as part of our Way Forward and our product-led turnaround. To be fair, these new investments are not yet finalized, but we will continue to work with the state and our various facilities, and make decisions as part of our Way Forward plans.

Our work with the state is an outstanding example of industry and government working together to secure our mutual futures. We at Ford are thrilled to see it happening, and I know Governor Granholm shares those views. Again, thank you, Gov. Granholm, and thank you to the people of the state of Michigan for your support of the home team and for believing in the importance of American auto companies." Still I have to admit, I think that Mr. Fields is, if not a "car guy", at least aware of the fact that our little corner of interest is a pretty important part of the company's future. Now he's "gotta run what he brung and hope he brung enough." ""And, even as we’re building momentum in the mainstream car market, we’re going to keep the pedal to the floor on performance cars."" Actions not words Mr. Fields...... :shift:

Archived