TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing 500HP Supercharger

Does anybody know if there are clearance issues with the front brake duct kit and the intercooler?

Also, any clearance issues with the stock hood? Finally, I know the stock strut brace won't work, but are there any alternative solutions?

I am re-thinking going with the Paxton S/C.

Thanks!

Does anybody know if there are clearance issues with the front brake duct kit and the intercooler?

Also, any clearance issues with the stock hood? Finally, I know the stock strut brace won't work, but are there any alternative solutions?

Thanks!

The brace won't work but Agent 47 has one that is supposed to clear, I haven't tried it yet, other then that there are no clearance issues. I had questions about the driving lights and brake ducts as well and I've been told its not an issue, but its got to be tight. I highly recommend the kit its like its OEM very nicely done and an easy install and makes driving it laugh out loud fun.

Thanks!

There are not any clearance issues with the bake duct kit, driving light, intercooler set up. But it IS tight. On the strut woer brace there is NO currently avalible replacement for the Whipple installed cars. Agent 47 as mentioned does have one for the Saleen SC unit. Seeing as how the Saleen SC has a space between the blower and the manifold the strut tower brace slides in that area. The Whipple units rub the underhood blanket at the throttle body and air intake tube as it is. There is just no room under there.

There are not any clearance issues with the bake duct kit, driving light, intercooler set up. But it IS tight. On the strut woer brace there is NO currently avalible replacement for the Whipple installed cars. Agent 47 as mentioned does have one for the Saleen SC unit. Seeing as how the Saleen SC has a space between the blower and the manifold the strut tower brace slides in that area. The Whipple units rub the underhood blanket at the throttle body and air intake tube as it is. There is just no room under there.

He told me he thought it would work with the Whipple but he wasn't sure. He said if it didn't fit he would take it back. I think the only contact issues with the Whipple were at the pulleys, I've been meaning to pull my scoop and see what clearance looks like in there.

Archived