TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New KR Order Info

frydguy79

February 26, 2008

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0200322DC 2008 MY Shelby GT500KR

The following information outlines the 2008 MY Shelby GT500KR program. Included are details on: product, production timing, delivery, ordering and billing.

2008 Shelby GT500KR Mustang

Question: What is a Shelby GT500KR Mustang?

Answer: Product Description

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR is a culmination of efforts by the Ford Special Vehicle Team, Ford Racing and Shelby Automobiles Inc. (SAI). The vehicle will be produced at the Mustang assembly plant (Auto Alliance Inc - AAI) as a Shelby GT500 and will be modified into a Shelby GT500KR at Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, using Ford Racing and Shelby components. This car will be:

A special edition produced at limited volume; 1000 est.

Available in coupe only.

Exterior Color:

Vista Blue Metallic with silver Le Mans and side stripes

Torch Red with silver Le Mans and side stripes

Ebony Black with matte black Le Mans and side stripes

Silver Metallic with bright blue Le Mans and side stripes

For more detailed information regarding specs and key content, please reference attached Shelby GT500KR Hero Card.

Question: When will the Shelby GT500KR begin production?

Answer: Production Timing

Production at AAI is scheduled to begin 1st quarter of 2008, and dealer deliveries are scheduled to begin in the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Question: How will I be billed for the Shelby GT500KR MUSTANG?

Answer:

The dealer will be billed for the base vehicle under the normal dealer payment statement for the Shelby GT500 order amount.

Floor plan charges will not begin until the vehicle is shipped to your dealership from Shelby.

The Shelby Automobiles Incorporated conversion amount will be charged to the dealer's Part Statement (P&A code) upon release of their vehicle from the Shelby Facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. This billing will also include shipping from Shelby in Las Vegas to the dealership. The charge will appear under the "Miscellaneous" section of the Parts Statement as a separate line item, and will include the vehicle VIN#, a phone number for questions, and the total billing.

WSD for Shelby GT500KR ($35,665 MSRP)

* Includes Gas Guzzler Tax

This amount should be charged to the vehicle transaction at the time of sale to the consumer.

Question: How will the vehicle be identified as a Shelby GT500KR Mustang?

Answer:

The window sticker will show the Shelby GT500 with Shelby GT500KR Upfitters Package (54K)

Shelby is the manufacturer of record; the SAI modifications will be shown on an Addendum Window Sticker

Question: How will the vehicle be shipped?

Answer:

When ordering a Shelby GT500KR use (31K) ship-through code along with (D95) plant code.

The vehicle will be shipped from the Mustang plant (AAI) to Shelby Automobiles (SAI) Las Vegas, where Shelby GT500KR modifications will take place.

SAI will ship the completed vehicle to the dealer via enclosed car carrier contracted by Ford Motor Company transportation services.

The dealer will be responsible for inspecting the vehicle for any transportation and carrier damage.

Question: What to I have to do differently from a vehicle and customer delivery standpoint?

Answer: Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

Dealer to perform the standard PDI, and submit claim through the normal process.

SAI will perform inspection of Shelby GT500KR modifications prior to shipping.

If any issues with Shelby GT500KR modifications are identified at the dealer at delivery, please contact Ford Performance/Shelby Program Headquarters call center at 800-367-3788 for instructions.

Answer: Customer Delivery

Dealer to perform standard delivery process including Delivery Checklist.

In addition, at the time of delivery to the customer, dealer must review the following with the customer.

Shelby GT500KR Owner's Guide Supplement

Question: How does the dealership provide warranty repairs on this vehicle?

Answer: Warranty policy and procedures will be a part of a future communication on Shelby GT500KR

February 26, 2008

The following information outlines the 2008 MY Shelby GT500KR program. Included are details on: product, production timing, delivery, ordering and billing.

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR is a culmination of efforts by the Ford Special Vehicle Team, Ford Racing and Shelby Automobiles Inc. (SAI). The vehicle will be produced at the Mustang assembly plant (Auto Alliance Inc - AAI) as a Shelby GT500 and will be modified into a Shelby GT500KR at Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, using Ford Racing and Shelby components. This car will be:

Available in coupe only.

Exterior Color:

For more detailed information regarding specs and key content, please reference attached Shelby GT500KR Hero Card.

Production at AAI is scheduled to begin 1st quarter of 2008, and dealer deliveries are scheduled to begin in the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Answer:

The dealer will be billed for the base vehicle under the normal dealer payment statement for the Shelby GT500 order amount.

Floor plan charges will not begin until the vehicle is shipped to your dealership from Shelby.

The Shelby Automobiles Incorporated conversion amount will be charged to the dealer's Part Statement (P&A code) upon release of their vehicle from the Shelby Facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. This billing will also include shipping from Shelby in Las Vegas to the dealership. The charge will appear under the "Miscellaneous" section of the Parts Statement as a separate line item, and will include the vehicle VIN#, a phone number for questions, and the total billing.

WSD for Shelby GT500KR ($35,665 MSRP)

This amount should be charged to the vehicle transaction at the time of sale to the consumer.

Question: How will the vehicle be identified as a Shelby GT500KR Mustang?

Answer:

The window sticker will show the Shelby GT500 with Shelby GT500KR Upfitters Package (54K)

Shelby is the manufacturer of record; the SAI modifications will be shown on an Addendum Window Sticker

Question: How will the vehicle be shipped?

Answer:

When ordering a Shelby GT500KR use (31K) ship-through code along with (D95) plant code.

The vehicle will be shipped from the Mustang plant (AAI) to Shelby Automobiles (SAI) Las Vegas, where Shelby GT500KR modifications will take place.

SAI will ship the completed vehicle to the dealer via enclosed car carrier contracted by Ford Motor Company transportation services.

The dealer will be responsible for inspecting the vehicle for any transportation and carrier damage.

Question: What to I have to do differently from a vehicle and customer delivery standpoint?

Answer: Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

Dealer to perform the standard PDI, and submit claim through the normal process.

SAI will perform inspection of Shelby GT500KR modifications prior to shipping.

If any issues with Shelby GT500KR modifications are identified at the dealer at delivery, please contact Ford Performance/Shelby Program Headquarters call center at 800-367-3788 for instructions.

Answer: Customer Delivery

Dealer to perform standard delivery process including Delivery Checklist.

In addition, at the time of delivery to the customer, dealer must review the following with the customer.

Shelby GT500KR Owner's Guide Supplement

Question: How does the dealership provide warranty repairs on this vehicle?

Answer: Warranty policy and procedures will be a part of a future communication on Shelby GT500KR

Im ordering a retail unit in the next day or so. Waynes going to have a HEARTATTACK when he sees the 36k come across the parts statement!!!! :redcard:

michael morris

I am still not convinced this car is worth the money? am I alone?

I totally agree that the car is overpriced for what you get.

Look at the greatly superior technology and notably better performance you can get from a Nissan GT-R (or alternative) with an expected similar MSRP or less.

It is my conclusion that the consensus of this Forum is that a GT500KR (or GT500) should not be purchased with hopes of it being a sound investment for the future. Therefore, a 2008 GT500KR should not be viewed as the future equivalent of a 1968 GT500KR in this regard.

With the elimination of any clear investment value, IMHO, you'd get far more for your money by modifying / Super Snaking a base GT500.

The GT500KR hood is certainly great looking but not worth the exorbitant sum that SAI is likely charging for it.

However, if one has an unlimited disposable income, is transfixed by the Shelby mystique, and is not concerned about getting true performance value for one's money, "have at it!"

Since I know that if I want a KR, I can get a 2009 GT500KR when they come to Canada, my thoughts are not tainted/jaded by envy.

JMHO!!

Therefore, a 2008 GT500KR should not be viewed as the future equivalent of a 1968 GT500KR in this regard.

well it might be if you keep it in pritine condition hold on to it for 40 years and then take it to Barrett Jackson in the year 2048 you can make your money back and more. :headspin:

and I agree with you about the SNAKE but you could pretty much do all that yourself and save the time and money of it going to Shelby for the # and autograph?

OMG are we disrepecting or what......let us pray for forgivenss...... our father we have sinned please forgive us....ok all better

CHEERS!

IMO - the "WSD for Shelby GT500KR ($35,665 MSRP)" is dealer cost for a base GT500 before being shipped for the rest of the KR conversion package is added. Once SAI puts their magic hands on it & ships it to the dealer it will have another upfitters MSRP added to a seperate window sticker for a grand total of $79,995 to $84,995. Add the dreaded dealer mark-up & it's only limited by your pocket book or who you know that's selling it to you.

IMO - the "WSD for Shelby GT500KR ($35,665 MSRP)" is dealer cost for a base GT500 before being shipped for the rest of the KR conversion package is added. Once SAI puts their magic hands on it & ships it to the dealer it will have another upfitters MSRP added to a seperate window sticker for a grand total of $79,995 to $84,995. Add the dreaded dealer mark-up & it's only limited by your pocket book or who you know that's selling it to you.

You got that right Coldy, seems like an awful lot of money & not much bang for your buck there. I guess these cars are slatted for the rich & famous at 120k

Incorret Info: WSD is what is charged on parts statement from SAI. for KR upfit. Car cost is seperate.

HERE IS ACTUAL KR ORDER of mine in order bank.

Subject: Fw: 08 GT500KR info Pricing $79,995

MSRP $44330 + KR (SAI.) upfitt $35665 = $79,995.00 base car..... no added Options or ADMIN

options shown beloware STANDARD on KR when 54K is added to build

T88 SHELBY COUPE $42170

YN SILVER CC MET

G NO GRAIN MINI

W DARK CHARCOAL

820A ORDER CODE

.SHELBY INT PKG

.AM/FM 6-CD/MP3

.18" BRT MACHIND

.ANTI-LOCK BRKS

.TRACTION CONTRL

.PWR DRIVER SEAT

99S .5.4L SC 4V V8 NC

44E .6-SPD MAN TRANS NC

.P255/45/R18

JOB #2 ORDER

12H FLOORMAT DELETE NC

13D SPOILER DELETE NC

FRT LICENSE BKT NC

31K SHIP THRU K NC

425 50 STATE EMISS NC

457 3.73 LTD SLIP NC

51H HID HEADLAMPS 525

52S TAPE STRIPE DEL NC

52T TOP STRIPE DEL NC

54K GT500KR PACKAGE NC

68S PREM TRIM PKG 595

95M AMBT LIGHTING 295

2 U.S. GAL GAS 5.98

FDAF ASSESSMENT 420.00

DEST AND DELIV 745

TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 44330

TOTAL $44330.00 ....MSRP...................+ KR upfit (SAI.) $35665.00

TOTAL MSRP FOR SHELBY GT500KR $79,995

*THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available in coupe only.

Exterior Color:

Answer:

for Shelby GT500KR ($35,665 MSRP)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ordering Instructions

Body Code: (T88)

Order Code: (820)

Exterior Color:

(UA) Ebony Black with Matte Black Stripes

(G9) Vista Blue Metallic with Silver Stripes

(YN) Silver Metallic with Vista Blue Stripes

(D3) Torch Red with Silver Stripes

Stripe-delete option not available on Shelby GT500KR

Interior Trim: (GW) - Dark Charcoal Leather

ADD: (54K) - KR Upfitter Pkg. (Includes all special content

and the three required options listed below)

• Premium Interior Trim Package

• HID Headlamps

• Ambient Lighting

ADD: (31K) Ship-thru Code

(D95) Plant Code

Available Optional Content:

(918) Shaker 1000 Audio System

(50S) Sirius Satellite Radio

(58X) Navigation System * Not available with Shaker 1000

54K Package – Required for Shelby GT500KR

Includes:

• Delete standard top stripes *

• Delete standard side stripes *

• Tire inflator kit (ilo spare)

• Delete floor mats

• Delete Shelby GT500 rear spoiler

• Upgraded 3.73 rear axle

* Shelby GT500KR stripes applied at Shelby Automobiles

Shelby Modifications

Ford Racing Performance Parts Content

• FR Power Upgrade Package (540 HP)

- cold air intake

- mufflers

- premium fuel calibration

• Installation of SVT-tuned suspension components

• Ford Racing short-throw shifter

• Ford Racing front strut-tower brace

• Ford Racing front brake cooling ducts

Appearance Items

• Shelby-designed ‘GT500KR’ 18-inch wheels

• Shelby racing and body side stripes

• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid

• 40th Anniversary badges on the front quarter panels and grille

• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats

• Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500KR dash plate

• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby ‘KR’

design and hood pins

randy

Confused is 36K the msrp of the Kr to the dealer?

The $35,665 MSRP is the MSRP for the KR conversion from SAI. So you add that to the MSRP on the GT500 and get the total MSRP of $79,995

There are 3 options available. Sat. Radio, Shaker 1000 OR Navigation. If you order any of these options add that to the $79,995 MSRP.

So with Sat. Radio and Shaker 1000 MSRP $81,485

Sat. Radio and Navigation MSRP $82,185

Add the going $80K - $100K ADM to that and you are between $160,000.00 - $182,185.00 to get your hands on one of these!

Just ordered ours,

MSRP 42170

sat rad 195

HID 525

prem trim 595

shaker 1000

ambient 296

Total comes up to 45820+ the KR package

Yall are assuming that the SAI sticker will not have any mark up. Am I wrong on the markup? WSD to the dealers is COST! If they Ford marked up the SAI sticker in 08 why wouldnt they do the KR?

Anyone have a opinion on this.

michael morris

i see now that the HID, Ambient are included. might go in and change the order

Just ordered ours,

MSRP 42170

sat rad 195

HID 525

prem trim 595

shaker 1000

ambient 296

Yall are assuming that the SAI sticker will not have any mark up. Am I wrong on the markup? WSD to the dealers is COST! If they Ford marked up the SAI sticker in 08 why wouldnt they do the KR?

michael morris

Michael I didnt think you had an allocation???

$35,000 SAI upgrade for the KR?? What do you get for that as compared to the SS for less??? Hmmn

Just ordered ours,

MSRP 42170

sat rad 195

HID 525

prem trim 595

shaker 1000

ambient 296

michael morris

Did your dealership win one?

The $35,665 is the MSRP from SAI which includes mark up.

The WSD is $31,263

============================

$31,263* WSD for Shelby GT500KR ($35,665 MSRP)

Did your dealership win one?

The $35,665 is the MSRP from SAI which includes mark up.

The WSD is $31,263

============================

$31,263* WSD for Shelby GT500KR ($35,665 MSRP)

Thanks SD, I knew someone would correct me! :headspin:

michael morris

Archived