TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I think I'm gonna hurl........

llcwhit

Any informed suggestions as to how to get it fixed without repainting the whole frickin' door, and then not having it match....there are two or three SMALL dings within 1.5 inches of each other. Two look like they are throught the clear only, one looks like it may have created a small dent- about this-0-big, literally. They are about an inch above the tape stripe on the passenger door................I thought I might flip out completely, but didn't. After I told him how incredibly disappointed I was, I made sure to tell him that I loved him more than a car, but not by much! Any suggestions? i intend to take it to a fantastic body shop in the morning. The guy has restored rare aubrns, bugattis, cobras and the like, that have sold at auction for as much as 1million plus. I imagine he can fix it, but any tips would be MUCH appreciated!

I'm not sure, but this may help you:

(phr3121 - Jan 19 2008, 11:17 AM)

Here is a nice tool to use to remove small dents in your car. For $3.99 you can’t beat the price.

I used it to remove a small dent on my car. I was hit by a lemon size fruit (?) from a tree a few weeks ago while on a small country road and the incident left a dent on the roof of my car.

I didn’t want to go through the normal way of removing dents which includes getting to it from under the roof (removing the inside roof panel) or filling the hole. The dent was located on one of my white roof stripes and I didn’t want to risk paint or stripe damage.

This tool does not involve removing any part of your car or use of adhesive sticky residue systems.

It is called the Wilmar W1028 Suction Cup Dent Puller sold at Amazon.com:

41G7ARRF2VL._AA280_.jpg

- Heavy duty molded rubber pulls

- No holes to drill or fill

- Works on sheet metal, plastic or any smooth-surface sheet material

Link -> http://www.amazon.com/WILMAR-W1028-SUCTION...0514&sr=8-2

Any informed suggestions as to how to get it fixed without repainting the whole frickin' door, and then not having it match....there are two or three SMALL dings within 1.5 inches of each other. Two look like they are throught the clear only, one looks like it may have created a small dent- about this-0-big, literally. They are about an inch above the tape stripe on the passenger door................I thought I might flip out completely, but didn't. After I told him how incredibly disappointed I was, I made sure to tell him that I loved him more than a car, but not by much! Any suggestions? i intend to take it to a fantastic body shop in the morning. The guy has restored rare aubrns, bugattis, cobras and the like, that have sold at auction for as much as 1million plus. I imagine he can fix it, but any tips would be MUCH appreciated!

I was loading my trunk with work related gear and one of the buckles caught the top of the bumper and gouged a nice long 3 inch line right down to the white underneath. I did freak and cursed the job a hundred times over but after a night of cooling down, I grabbed what I knew would work as it has done so many times in the past. Meguiar Scratch fix tube. I parked it in my garage, pulled up a stool and turned on the tunes for a 4 + hour rub by hand until I literally could not feel the tips of my fingers. Scratch was deep, long and on a black Shelby nonetheless exposing what I believe is the white plastic and as I watched it fade away around the 3 hour mark, it not only disappeared but no burn marks or swirl rings. I know this isn't a true professional fix that you might be looking for but I'd spend the $12.00 in the factory match paint, fill the spot using a toothpick and $15.00 or so on the Meguiars Scratch X and a few hours, you might surprise yourself.

Take it to a professional paintless dent removal shop and have them look at it. They may be able to pop them all out. Then take it to the car that specializes in the high-end cars and see about getting the paint touched up. You may have to remove the stripe and get a new one reinstalled, but that's the best advice I can give you for getting it fixed with minimal painting.

Take it to a professional paintless dent removal shop and have them look at it. They may be able to pop them all out. Then take it to the car that specializes in the high-end cars and see about getting the paint touched up. You may have to remove the stripe and get a new one reinstalled, but that's the best advice I can give you for getting it fixed with minimal painting.

Agreed. I would contact your local "Ding King", "Dent Wizard", or whoever might be in your town, and let them take a look at the ding.

Archived