TEAM SHELBY FORUM

motor ping w/evo stage 2

dtaylor

I have 08 with evo stage 2 kit. I have just noticed at ubder a load I am getting clatter from motor under a load. The rpms are from 1800 to 2000 in 3rd thru 6th. Any ideas anyone?

93 or 91 octane? Also some states like Wi where I am at have winter blend fuel which pings/knocks very easily even though octane is still rated at 93.

Im running 93 octane. I am in Tx and weather does't get that cold here.

You could possibly have a lean condition. One thing I would consider is get a bottle of Torco and add it to your tank to boost up you octane and see if it goes away.

You could possibly have a lean condition. One thing I would consider is get a bottle of Torco and add it to your tank to boost up you octane and see if it goes away.

I added lucas in fuel but still had problem. Fred at Evo perf told me to send back tuner. I know someone else that has same car and stage 2 kit and his is not having problem .

I added lucas in fuel but still had problem. Fred at Evo perf told me to send back tuner. I know someone else that has same car and stage 2 kit and his is not having problem .

Then send it back to Fred. They will take care of you.

Could be bad fuel as it should not happen. I've not seen it happen yet, but Fred will fix it for you.

Jay

I'm sending tuner back to Fred at Evo. I know that he will fix me up. I checked few things on car one of guys at Evo told me to look for and all looks good.. Hell if all else fails put 3in pulley back on put car back to stock and see what happens.

:drool: TORCO

I checked the plugs and they dont look like they would if the car was running lean. If running lean you would think plugs would be white. As far as bad gas goes I've filled up at 3 difrent stations still pinging. I work with guy that has same car and setup and he is running great. I'm sure tweeking tune will take car of it.

Archived