TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dynamat

I've been thinking of doing the same thing but was going to include the rear seating area.

Great minds think alike :hysterical2: I was thinking I would do the back seat also. The specs on this stuff look really good but I'd like to hear from someone who has done it.

whats youre reason for doing it? it will add a lot of weight to the car so it will be a hinderance on track day but other than that it is a great product. i have used it in many cars and trucks its easy to use and stops vibrations/quiets down the interior a lot.

I don't care about the weight factor. I drove down the road the other day and the sand from the snowplow vehicles was bouncing up under the car and the sound was almost painful. The sheet metal is so thin you can hear every grain bounce off the underside of the car.

I don't care about the weight factor. I drove down the road the other day and the sand from the snowplow vehicles was bouncing up under the car and the sound was almost painful. The sheet metal is so thin you can hear every grain bounce off the underside of the car.

i should be painfull thats gods way of telling you to put the car away and buy a winter beater :hysterical:

but in all reality it will cut out most if not all noise from where you apply it.

whats youre reason for doing it? it will add a lot of weight to the car so it will be a hinderance on track day but other than that it is a great product. i have used it in many cars and trucks its easy to use and stops vibrations/quiets down the interior a lot.

You are correct about the weight. If you are only going to add a little to your trunk, you should be ok. I was heavy into car audio competitions some years back and it was necessary to use this stuff everywhere. And like it was said earlier, it added more weight than I wanted. This may sound really stupid, but if you use a lot of it, you have to approach it in a manner so you won't throw off the balance of the car. If you use 6lbs on one side, make sure you use 6lbs on the other. I've seen people just cut squares of this stuff and not be aware of how much they used.

You are correct about the weight. If you are only going to add a little to your trunk, you should be ok. I was heavy into car audio competitions some years back and it was necessary to use this stuff everywhere. And like it was said earlier, it added more weight than I wanted. This may sound really stupid, but if you use a lot of it, you have to approach it in a manner so you won't throw off the balance of the car. If you use 6lbs on one side, make sure you use 6lbs on the other. I've seen people just cut squares of this stuff and not be aware of how much they used.

That sounds like a good idea. I'll keep track of how much weight I actually add to cover the surfaces.

So is the effect of this stuff pretty extreme on the cars sound levels? Would doing the trunk area yeild results that are worth the effort I guess is what I'm asking, the package I've been looking at is 36 square feet so somewhere less then 15 pounds of weight.

So is the effect of this stuff pretty extreme on the cars sound levels? Would doing the trunk area yeild results that are worth the effort I guess is what I'm asking, the package I've been looking at is 36 square feet so somewhere less then 15 pounds of weight.

It's going to work well in your trunk. You don't have to use much to get the results you want. You may not need 15 pounds, but I really can't say for sure. My SGT isn't noisy to me and I think I'm pretty sensitive. With the power that we have, 15 pounds won't make a big difference. Please let me know when you complete the install.

Archived