TEAM SHELBY FORUM

updated delivery

Got a call from my dealer today. He said my car had been released from the plant and the ETA is now 8/16 which is an improvement from Fridays ETA of 8/27. This news seems to confirm that they are geeting these rides out in a more timely fashion as mine came off the line on 7/31. Needless to say this makes me happy as I might have this car before I head to Memphis for the NHRA event on 8/17. (good trip to break her in on)

You sure it was ordered? You must be on a list & 12th on that list with a non S.V.T dealer.

I am sure it was ordered spoke to CS twice last week to confirm and as of friday it was built and the ETA was 8/27

and the email to the dealer today stated released from plant new ETA 8/16

Are you first at your dealer?

Is your dealer a presidents award, SVT Full or SVT Focus dealer?

Are we there yet????

Me too!!!!

Yes they are gettting two at this location and 1 at there store about 35 miles from here. I am the first one they have coming. All 3 ordered only mine pulled by Ford. All 3 MSRP deals. SVT Focus dealer.

You sure it was ordered? You must be on a list & 12th on that list with a non S.V.T dealer.

First on their list--small dealer from N. Wyoming (Keep in mind the whole state has a pop of 440K) PA winner but not SVT--you'd think I'd be getting close! I have an order # and so far the dealer/salesman has been pretty square with me--I think I trust them, but some of these posts make me damn nervous. When I call Ford I get the material hold BS! :rant:

Guest evilchris

NHRA? You have the pole position? We'll watch for the GT500 to cross the finish line. :hysterical:

Do you know what NHRA is? There is no pole position.

I am sure it was ordered spoke to CS twice last week to confirm and as of friday it was built and the ETA was 8/27

and the email to the dealer today stated released from plant new ETA 8/16

Yes they are gettting two at this location and 1 at there store about 35 miles from here. I am the first one they have coming. All 3 ordered only mine pulled by Ford. All 3 MSRP deals. SVT Focus dealer.

My first Shelby was built on July 28, released from plant on the 31st and still not on rail car!

Have planned 3 different mini vacations when car arrived but to no avail. Hopefully will be on rail car by end of week.

My second shelby just got a VIN late monday and has been submitted to plant. Supposed to be here within 30days... Seems like the 2nd car is moving along much faster than the first. Very grateful to be getting both a coupe and convert. Cannot wait to have them side by side in garage!

Got a call from my dealer today. He said my car had been released from the plant and the ETA is now 8/16 which is an improvement from Fridays ETA of 8/27. This news seems to confirm that they are geeting these rides out in a more timely fashion as mine came off the line on 7/31. Needless to say this makes me happy as I might have this car before I head to Memphis for the NHRA event on 8/17. (good trip to break her in on)

Don't get your hopes up last week they moved mine up 1 week. I called yesterday and they have moved it back 4 days later then the first time I checked.

However I do hope you your's soon. Maybe they will get me mine sooner, If we can get your's out of the way. I think they are just telling us anything to get us off the telephone and to keep our dream alive.

I had been told it was built the 7/31 by 2 different people and then yesterday she told me it wasn't built. It's just sceduled to be built.

Who the f*** knows anymore?

I ordered in March, received a VIN on 8/1. Ford CS indicated (in no uncertain terms) that I would have the car prior to month end. I'll believe it when I'm standing there watching the car roll off the carrier.

Some interesting points:

I am no. 2 at a mid-sized SVT dealer expecting 4-5 cars for 2007. My dealer's no. 1 car was assigned a VIN in May and a given a June 15th build date, but they have yet to receive the car. Dealer says the car was picked for extra quality control and that I might actually receive my no. 2 car before the first one. I wonder. I'd be a little upset if I was customer no. 1 in this case.

My dealer orginally said they expected 6 or 7 cars for 2007. Last week, they said their allocation was revised and they now expect 4 or 5 cars for 2007 and they have a couple very unhappy customers on their list.

Mine was built June 17 and I'm STILL waiting!!!!!

I think I saw yours on ebay. Just kidding...actually I feel bad for you fb....hang in there.

Dave

Are you first at your dealer?

Is your dealer a presidents award, SVT Full or SVT Focus dealer?

Are we there yet????

Me too!!!!

Me three! (Although I'm not upset about it...YET). :hysterical:

First on their list--small dealer from N. Wyoming (Keep in mind the whole state has a pop of 440K) PA winner but not SVT--you'd think I'd be getting close! I have an order # and so far the dealer/salesman has been pretty square with me--I think I trust them, but some of these posts make me damn nervous. When I call Ford I get the material hold BS! :rant:

You would think that your order would have been serialized by now . Hang In There alot of us are still waiting.

Well my car is on a railcar that just got to New Orleans. (right where Fastbackman"s is lost on the lot)

Dealer has given me a letter to go and get it tomorrow as soon as it hits the ground. Like a kid on Christmas Eve, I dont think the sleep will be good tonight. I am very appreciative of the help on tracking the railcar and the car in general from friends on this site.

special thanks to Fastbackman and Fatchile

Archived