TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What a surprise !!!!

sdear

Went to a big Shelby car show today in Ovieda Florida. 84 Shelbys.......about 12-14 of them being Shelby GT's.

I "thought" I was meeting mywickedshelby's brother for the day..since he lives in the area.

Around 1130 when he was suppose to show up..i am watching these two guys coming in the gate..and I thought...man..his brother sure looks like Mike !!

Well low and behold IT WAS MIKE !! What a suprise !! To top it off...he won the raffle for the top prize !

It was GREAT to see you again Mike...and it sure was nice meeting your brother too !

The show was great..Robert and Sharon were there......Cudafly.....and many others ! What a great group of people. There were some awesome cars there !

And Ralph got 1st place for best stock Shelby GT !!

Here are a few pics :

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/so...%20Farm%202008/

Went to a big Shelby car show today in Ovieda Florida. 84 Shelbys.......about 12-14 of them being Shelby GT's.

I "thought" I was meeting mywickedshelby's brother for the day..since he lives in the area.

Around 1130 when he was suppose to show up..i am watching these two guys coming in the gate..and I thought...man..his brother sure looks like Mike !!

Well low and behold IT WAS MIKE !! What a suprise !! To top it off...he won the raffle for the top prize !

It was GREAT to see you again Mike...and it sure was nice meeting your brother too !

The show was great..Robert and Sharon were there......Cudafly.....and many others ! What a great group of people. There were some awesome cars there !

Here are a few pics :

Sue you can ignore my PM now. I thought that looked like Mike, but didnt want to ask on the post and look stupid :hysterical:

What was he doing in Fl, they kick him out of New York :hysterical:

michael morris

Here are a few pics :

Congratulations Sue!! and Ralph. No pics of your hubby....did you wear him out waxing Ralph? Who else from the forum was there? Sounds like you had a great time. What a great way to start off the show season. One of many more to come, I'm sure. Congrats to Mike also, for winning the top prize. Which was..........? :waiting:

Sherri

We had a great time there and as Sue says, it was a long drive home... Congrats to Sue for winning the Shelby GT "stock" category and to Cudafly for Shelby GT "heavily modified" category. Ok, I'll plug my own car for winning the Shelby GT "modified" category.

Thanks to Sue for posting her pics with photos of my car included...

What a wonderful day it was!!!

Gary

Ok....you guys gotta remember...I have Ralph because we were looking for a truck for my hubby.......soooooo..with that being said....I have a new car, hubby still has his "older" truck............sooooooooo I DO ALL THE WAXING ! The only thing he did for me was polish all my chrome !

And Sherri..car show season is year around down here :hysterical:

Ralph is two for two....got NMRA in 2 weeks then I am taking a break lol. It's ALOT of work. Plus it gets too hot in the summer to do this stuff.

I don't think Mike will mind saying what he won...1000 DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE TO EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE !!! How awesome is that???? His brother won a 100 dollar gift certficate.

Well off to work I go....had to sneak in a little extra sleep this morning !

Sue

Here are a few pics :

Hey Sue, it was good seeing you and some of the other forum members (GOakley's, Mike, brother of Mike, etc...) out on the farm. What a great day, we won all three Shelby GT classes and and Mike got free airfare (and then some) out of the trip! Of course he got to go back to NJ and we get to stay in sunny Florida so it may not have been a bad tradeoff.

Hope to see you all in Oviedo next year!

Hey Sue, it was good seeing you and some of the other forum members (GOakley's, Mike, brother of Mike, etc...) out on the farm. What a great day, we won all three Shelby GT classes and and Mike got free airfare (and then some) out of the trip! Of course he got to go back to NJ and we get to stay in sunny Florida so it may not have been a bad tradeoff.

Hope to see you all in Oviedo next year!

Was great seeing you too again ! Try to make it up to Bradenton for NMRA !

As for Mike...this state isn't big enough for Mike AND his brother ! I think he got shipeed back to Joiseeeeeeee today ! :hysterical::hysterical2:

And Gary..I hope you didnt mind I posted those pics.....your car is just to pretty to hide !

I am dead tonight...barely made it through work. The hubby is cooking dinner..yikes !

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your car looks great Sue! And congrats to the others as well!

Just waiting for the rain to go away here in the Great Pacific Northwest....but that will still be another three months! Yikes.

-Todd

Sue,

We're more than happy to have our pictures plastered everywhere... :hysterical: It was really nice meeting you and enjoyed your company for breakfast, too.

Gary & Gail

Ditto that ! It amazes me every show I go to,the great people I meet and friends I make !

We had a great time there and as Sue says, it was a long drive home... Congrats to Sue for winning the Shelby GT "stock" category and to Cudafly for Shelby GT "heavily modified" category. Ok, I'll plug my own car for winning the Shelby GT "modified" category.

Thanks to Sue for posting her pics with photos of my car included...

What a wonderful day it was!!!

Gary

Gary congratulations!! on your win. Curious about show rules, could you define the difference between "modified" and "heavily modified"? Most of the shows we go to allow 3 minor mods to stay in the stock class, if it didn't come on the car when delivered, then it's a mod. Wheels is one of the bigger options you can get away with, other than that, they only allow small exceptions. shorty antenna, billitt gas cap, tinted windows. Custom paint jobs, non stock SC's, custom hoods automatically put you in modified. Up here if your going into modified, you better bring your A-game. Most of the '05-'07 GT's will go into this category with lambo doors, paint jobs, etc. Seen one car up here that probably had 10K in air brushing under the hood, obviously he doesn't drive the car much. The only thing that we've added to our car is a fire extinguisher, which is a rule at some of our shows up here.

Thanks, Dave

Archived