TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How a Shelby GT500KR becomes KITT

ilmor

Yes, KITT is a modified Mustang GT. There's no way they'd pay for and use a real KR.

I thought the comment as the end of the movie was interesting - that is, that some people may start beliving that "KR" stands for "Knight Rider" !!!

I am pretty sure it is a GT500 modified, listen to the blower whine when he is driving it manually.

Makes more sense than doing a complete body restyle to a GT500 KR (hood & carbon fiber)

Yes, KITT is a modified Mustang GT. There's no way they'd pay for and use a real KR.

I thought the comment as the end of the movie was interesting - that is, that some people may start beliving that "KR" stands for "Knight Rider" !!!

I am pretty sure it is a GT500 modified, listen to the blower whine when he is driving it manually.

Makes more sense than doing a complete body restyle to a GT500 KR (hood & carbon fiber)

If you look at the Edmund pictures you can clearly see the automatic trans in one of the interior shots and the V6 engine bay....it's Hollywood. The photo caption goes on to say..

"While the various KITTs may look like GT500KRs, they're actually regular GTs or have V6s under their skin. And except for one equipped with a supercharger, their power plants were left stock for the film work."

Don't know what they have under the hoods at the next BJ auction. But I hope that the bidders are well aware that they may be bidding on a pair of V6s. :hysterical2:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

I've read that they use three cars, a V6, a standard GT, and a supercharged GT. The movie cars were built before the KR parts were available and they spoke how the movie car builder was trying to make the movie car parts based on early SAI drawings and prototype parts.

I've read that they use three cars, a V6, a standard GT, and a supercharged GT. The movie cars were built before the KR parts were available and they spoke how the movie car builder was trying to make the movie car parts based on early SAI drawings and prototype parts.

So which one is going to be auction off at BJ?

I hope the one that Ford is giving away is the real deal. :hysterical2:

If you look at the Edmund pictures you can clearly see the automatic trans in one of the interior shots and the V6 engine bay....it's Hollywood. The photo caption goes on to say..

"While the various KITTs may look like GT500KRs, they're actually regular GTs or have V6s under their skin. And except for one equipped with a supercharger, their power plants were left stock for the film work."

Don't know what they have under the hoods at the next BJ auction. But I hope that the bidders are well aware that they may be bidding on a pair of V6s. :hysterical2:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

Now I undersand why the Edge was able to keep up with the KR in the twisties. :hysterical2:

Archived