TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Saga...continued

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The suspense is killing me :unsure:

So it won't kill you anymore..."Houston we have a problem"!

It seems the shop messed up the new stripes and they need to be reordered. My car had some imperfections on delivery and they were installing new stripes under warranty. I've been told that they had some problem and now they need a new set. This had nothing to do with the scoop install and they never got that far with it.

I can see my car through the garage door of the shop....no stripes, no scoop....actaully looks kind-a nice!

:hysterical:

I'll know more next week.

-Jeff

It seems the shop messed up the new stripes and they need to be reordered. My car had some imperfections on delivery and they were installing new stripes under warranty. I've been told that they had some problem and now they need a new set. This had nothing to do with the scoop install and they never got that far with it.

I can see my car through the garage door of the shop....no stripes, no scoop....actaully looks kind-a nice!

-Jeff

So your car has been in for the scoop and stripe repair since Monday and know it's got to stay the weekend ! DId they at least give you an 08 SGT or a GT500 for a loaner ! I don't know if I would be able to stand my local dealership having the car that long, that gives them that much more time to screw something else up.

-Jeff

Sorry to hear that Jeff ! PLEASE get in there and get a picture of the underside of that scoop before they put it on..I am anxious to see what is changed from the one I have on now.

Thanks,

Sue

Sorry to hear that Jeff ! PLEASE get in there and get a picture of the underside of that scoop before they put it on..I am anxious to see what is changed from the one I have on now.

Thanks,

Sue

Suzanne,the only difference,is they provide the mekanik a can of expandable foam.

Thanks,

Sue

I will see if I can do that on Monday. There was no visible difference from the scoop that was on there which I believe is the same one you have as well. But I will check!

Then I wonder what they changed??????????????? :banghead:

No idea. The shop guy and I compared both side by side, top and underneath, and didn't see any difference. It may be something in the materials used perhaps?

I wanted to slap him when he said that he liked the old scoop better.

:slapfight:

No idea. The shop guy and I compared both side by side, top and underneath, and didn't see any difference. It may be something in the materials used perhaps?

The first question that comes to mind is......

How do you know it is the latest scoop?

SAI said it was a bad mold and didn't say anything about materials. If you can't see any difference then it must small dimension changes to affect material thicknesses.

ok let me ask straight up question here, is there even a scoop fix in the works that has been acknowledge by SAI? if so what is time frame, if not what exactly are we all waiting for as far as this issue, that started this topic. what are our collective options going forward, each day is another day closer to warranty being up. my scoop like like crap! I want it fixed and i'm fed up of waiting, especially when nothing is happening, any suggestions, i can;t be the only one feeling this way and who paid $40k+ plus for their car

ok let me ask straight up question here, is there even a scoop fix in the works that has been acknowledge by SAI? if so what is time frame, if not what exactly are we all waiting for as far as this issue, that started this topic. what are our collective options going forward, each day is another day closer to warranty being up. my scoop like like crap! I want it fixed and i'm fed up of waiting, especially when nothing is happening, any suggestions, i can;t be the only one feeling this way and who paid $40k+ plus for their car

++++++1

There have been plenty of blunt . and frank statements made on this scoop , every range of opinion , and offered suggestions . It is not a precived problem , it's documented by many owners / customers / devotes to the mark. We can only come to the conclusion after over a year that SAI is making only a tasit effort expending as little time in manhours , developement and testing as possible to protect the corporate bottom line . and appear to be attempting to solve the problem. Corporations have the ability to act only on what is good for the corporation , and don't have to answere to anyone really, so integreity,a scarce thing in many corporations , and somtimes the first casualty of a private firm that loses it's strong central figure / icon is evidently a low priority at SAI. What is truly sad here is Carroll Shelby's iconic design feature in his cars is the HOOD SCOOP !!!!!!!!!! for this to go for want within his own company is pathetic , and the people responsible for what is happening now must have alot of wool to pull over Carrolls eyes , to cover there _ _ _'s.

If an Offical Communication on SAI Letter Head , does not come to all owners of SGT's pretty quick ,stating the problem as a Defective Part / Installation . and that SAI accepts the responsibility to perform as the the warrenty states and make Good the defect then then it's intentions are obvious. If this is the case we as the injured party should , and have the resonsibility to retain council and pree for a Class Action against SAI.......................sad that it would come to this when all it takes is to send a one page letter stating what we all know ...........................is there anyone at SAI with any thread of integreity in them ?

ZDS

AHHHH...I was worried yesterday when I did not see a new hood scoop reply. All is right with the world!

As I posted earier I spoke with Ford Racing off the record and they stated that sccop fix or new one is in May or June time frame I do not understand why SAI does not tell people that, also my warranty is now one year done as most of you still waiting on repair and I do not think rivets is fix with stripe damage etc I do not care if it is tech doing damage the 08 I say on lot from SAI is bad from factory. I only hope they are nice enough to send out notice in mail thought I wont hold my breath. This experience is new for me in ref to new car it is not fun Bruce

As I posted earier I spoke with Ford Racing off the record and they stated that sccop fix or new one is in May or June time frame I do not understand why SAI does not tell people that, also my warranty is now one year done as most of you still waiting on repair and I do not think rivets is fix with stripe damage etc I do not care if it is tech doing damage the 08 I say on lot from SAI is bad from factory. I only hope they are nice enough to send out notice in mail thought I wont hold my breath. This experience is new for me in ref to new car it is not fun Bruce

I called Ford Racing a week ago and he said the new scoop was ready and to go ahead to the dealer to start your claim.

I haven't done it yet because I want to see how "Jeffishere" makes out with his install.

Bruce here again I just spoke with my brother who is BMW tech, he brought up a good question and maybe those of you who have had your hood stripes etc screwed up by dealer doing SAI latest fix, WHO is going to pay for screw up I bet dealer will not they will rty to pass off to SAI or Ford and I have spoken with Ford NOY thier problem. So with that thought I called my Ford dealer not too keen on doing reapir, as I told my brother I never had this problem with BMW even when my 2002 egine failed they replaced engine gave me 10 100,000 mile warranty free oil changes and loaner, lets see SAI has not even done comment on simple scoop reapir now who will I buy my next car from? cancelled my Ford escape order and ordered a BMW x3 gave Ford and SAI a chance.

How long is the warranty? The reason I ask is that I am still on the fence about requesting repairs to my scoop and stripes. I keep changing my mind because I am afraid the outcome might be worse. Also I won't be home any time soon over here in the desert (I would prefer to be present for any work). Do we have 3 years on the fit and finish of the scoop and stripes or do I need to act soon? Perhaps that would be time enough for a good long term solution to become available. I am concerned when I hear folks who have had or been through several scoops.

The warranty is 3 years / 36000 miles. I think patience is the keyword here. My feeling is that anybody who has been following this scoop issue should not be replacing their scoops yet. I still have my original 2007 4 bolt scoop and it isn't going anywhere until I know of a final, verified and tested fix.

I also would not blame the techs/mechanics - this is a design and engineering issue. They engineers have given the techs a very difficult task here - poor (scoop) material, numerous drill holes and rivets, all this pressed against vinyl striping - and not every tech is as talented as the other. Numerous dealers have been smart enough to tell SAI that they won't touch it. Hell, SAI cannot even get good, consistent results out of a factory installation, how would they expect a bunch of untrained mechanics all over the country to do it?

The warranty is 3 years / 36000 miles. I think patience is the keyword here. My feeling is that anybody who has been following this scoop issue should not be replacing their scoops yet. I still have my original 2007 4 bolt scoop and it isn't going anywhere until I know of a final, verified and tested fix.

I also would not blame the techs/mechanics - this is a design and engineering issue. They engineers have given the techs a very difficult task here - poor (scoop) material, numerous drill holes and rivets, all this pressed against vinyl striping - and not every tech is as talented as the other. Numerous dealers have been smart enough to tell SAI that they won't touch it. Hell, SAI cannot even get good, consistent results out of a factory installation, how would they expect a bunch of untrained mechanics all over the country to do it?

Agreed! This is a design issue. If SAI had known that the scoops would be riveted from the beginning, the stripes would have been cut around mating surface and a different material would have been used for the scoop.

I wonder what the total costs to me would be to buy the CS6 hood and have it painted, striped and installed?

Agreed! This is a design issue. If SAI had known that the scoops would be riveted from the beginning, the stripes would have been cut around mating surface and a different material would have been used for the scoop.

I wonder what the total costs to me would be to buy the CS6 hood and have it painted, striped and installed?

I Feel that should be a no charge option to make some of us go away, what about all these rivet holes now from latest fix, will be rivets be larger or double set of holes on hood? assuming new fix, if one exists will be riveted

I Feel that should be a no charge option to make some of us go away, what about all these rivet holes now from latest fix, will be rivets be larger or double set of holes on hood? assuming new fix, if one exists will be riveted

My dealer's body shop said they can drill out the rivets and install new ones in the same holes. They said they can do it right and neatly, but that does require a certain level of skill.

My dealer's body shop said they can drill out the rivets and install new ones in the same holes. They said they can do it right and neatly, but that does require a certain level of skill.

+1

BTW: My delay is stripes! I am having the two hood stripes replaced under warranty due to some scratches that where there upon delivery. The body shop messed up the set and another had to be ordered.

+1

BTW: My delay is stripes! I am having the two hood stripes replaced under warranty due to some scratches that where there upon delivery. The body shop messed up the set and another had to be ordered.

Jeff,

From inspection of the new vs. the old scoop, you say you can't tell any difference. What information do you have that says you actually have the new scoop?

Archived