TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Lettering Loose on Trunk

jw last

The "SHELBY" lettering appears to be attached by two methods. There is a retaining clip on the post that protrudes through the trunk sheet metal. On my GT-H, the "SHELBY" letters also appear to have some additional adhesive which glues the letters to the paint/stripes. The additional adhesive was discovered when I attempted to remove the letters to better facilitate cleaning the tape stripes.

If your letters are loose, check the retaining clips. You may be able to seat them better to remove loose condition.

Good luck

Bryan

Was clean #286 the other day, noticed in the SHELBY lettering on the trunk the letters S and Y were loose. Not in any danger of falling off and a minor point (at least compared to the faded stripes issue), just curious if others have the same "problem?" :waiting:

I had the same problem with my GT. I wrote to John Walker when he was there and he sent me a new set. It's worth a try. But, then again, the GT letters are attached with adheasive.

Russ

If I'm not mistaken, the GT-H models use the older, 60s style pin and adhesive. The GTs use the 3M tape without pins.

I think tightening up the clip holding the pin and a little silicone (can't see it under the back of the trunk lid) should do you fine.

Was clean #286 the other day, noticed in the SHELBY lettering on the trunk the letters S and Y were loose. Not in any danger of falling off and a minor point (at least compared to the faded stripes issue), just curious if others have the same "problem?" :waiting:

When I rented GT-H Vert #414 or 441 (can't remember exact number) from DFW (Dallas, TX), I noticed bubbles on the gold vinyl stripes. I was shocked and surprised. I guess the Texas heat was too much for them. I kept pushing them out but they kept coming back.

I am getting ready to take delivery of an 08 CSM GT Vert with automatic tranny just like the GT-H I rented. I hope I don't have the same troubles with the stripes or lettering like you have experienced. I also hope you can get your loose lettering affixed securely.

• 2 weeks later...
My S&Y were also loose, just pushed the clips back tight and used some clear silicone on the pin sticking into the trunk, no problems.

Guys, I just replaced my letters, several letters had broken pins. After pushing in the new "clips" I used a small amount of 3M black strip caulk just to make sure they would stay in place. This is the same stuff you will find around any bolt that passes thru the body to keep water out.

John

Archived