TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS Training Tool

Found this on the GT500 Tech Forum, good information. I just ordered one and thought others may be interested.

With this tool and the attached procedure you can train the TPMS sensors yourself. I'll use it to swap between street and track tires.

The website is:

http://www.teamfordparts.com

TPMS Tool Part Number: 8C2Z-1A203-A

TPMS_Sensor_Training.pdf

TPMS_Sensor_Training.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
That is a great find. Thanks a lot. Will be ordering one tomorrow. Jim

OMG, has anyone received/used one of these yet? I will definitely pick one up if they work reliably (read: work at all). My dealer STILL hasn't gotten back to me and that was 3 months ago that they started "looking into it"

If you want something done right...

*edit* - just read through the tech article, I wasn't clear on whether you NEEDED the VCM/IDS tool to do this or if you can train the tpms using just the activation tool/monitor and go on the visual and audible clues that the car gives back to you. As far as I can tell, all you need the VCM for is to confirm in the computer whether it worked properly or not. Of course I've never used one of these before and am just speculating, but that's how I read it.

Darren

OMG, has anyone received/used one of these yet? I will definitely pick one up if they work reliably (read: work at all). My dealer STILL hasn't gotten back to me and that was 3 months ago that they started "looking into it"

Yeah, mine was delivered already. Works just like it's supposed to work.

It's about the size of a small cell phone, only one button and an LED. Pretty much idiot proof which I have proven by the fact it worked for me the first time I tried it... Much better than a trip to the dealer or a tire shop!

Note that there are not any directions included with the tool so print out the attached .pdf in the beginning of this thread if you need directions.

So I was getting the TPMS fault after I disconnected the battery to get the airbag cover off. After I ran it down while washing/waxing last weekend, and an overnight battery charge, the TPMS fault is gone. I have the tool so I'll throw it in the glove box and keep it since it's only $20.

So I was getting the TPMS fault after I disconnected the battery to get the airbag cover off. After I ran it down while washing/waxing last weekend, and an overnight battery charge, the TPMS fault is gone. I have the tool so I'll throw it in the glove box and keep it since it's only $20.

I'm pretty sure you'll get the fault if your battery is too low because of the weak signal from the senders on the wheels as it is all wireless. As is my understanding at least.

Yeah, mine was delivered already. Works just like it's supposed to work.

It's about the size of a small cell phone, only one button and an LED. Pretty much idiot proof which I have proven by the fact it worked for me the first time I tried it... Much better than a trip to the dealer or a tire shop!

Note that there are not any directions included with the tool so print out the attached .pdf in the beginning of this thread if you need directions.

Magnificent, I am ordering one ASAP. Thanks for the heads up on it. =)

• 2 months later...

Well, i finally got mine after 2 months of fighting with teamford, I guess I was just the lucky one to be overlooked. Happens I guess, regardless, I tried to train my sensors last night several times, each time ending with training completed, the horn didn't honk or whatever signified that the training wasn't complete, turn the car on and bam, tire pressure monitoring fault. Is my SJB buggered? I don't want to take it back to my local dealer as they were the ones that messed it up in the first place. Maybe I should get the module for my laptop and the ford diagnostics and try to mess around with it myself, can't be that hard can it? Any suggestions?

Darren

• 4 months later...

Archived