TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LAST YEAR FOR THE GT500 OR RUMOR

BLOWN

Hi there, I am not a GT500 owner. Me and the grandson went for a ride in the Mustang and we stopped over at where we got the car. We talked to Bryan and he was saying that they had a GT500 VERT and that they sold it right away to a guy who has like three or four of them. He sold it at MSRP it was fiftyone thousand. Anyway the Guy told him that this could be the last year because shelby was wanting to do something and ford did not want to so shelby pulled the plug on it. Is there any truth to this. Amyb R you out there that could shed some light on this subject.

Hi Blown.

It's been discussed ad nauseum here.

In short - nothing "official" from Ford or SAI has come out that there will be a GT500 for 2009 or beyond.

Now, AmyB did post a while ago something about that Shelby agreed with Ford on GT500's for 2009 and beyond, but I don't have the link to the quote.

Unofficially, I've heard from those "in the know" that 2009's and 10's are already a done deal - but I can't say from who I heard it from.

Guys, I posted a while ago that Carroll has a long contract with Ford, But that said Ford has the rights to make or not make a car. This is their decision. I don't have the answer, sorry, heck, I have been way to busy getting ready for the KR

Amy

We should all know the answer in another 2 - 3 months. The 08 model is scheduled to end production in late May. So the 09 should start around the end of may or first part of June, depending whether they have a two week shut down or not during the model year change over.

So I suspect Ford will announce something here within the next couple of months.

Maybe they are planning it. Maybe they are waiting until the end of the 08 production before making a final decision because they want to see how sales are holding up before deciding one way or the other. Who knows. But we will all know soon enough.

Whatever happens, I "predict" 09 to be a short year with the new 2010 to launch very early in 09. But that is merely my own personal prediction. I know with the Challenger already out and the Camero coming out in March 09, I would want the new redesign to hit the lots right before the Camero hits or at the very least to hit at the same time. Make sense?

Now lets all take a little nap for about two months and when we wake up the answer will be out to this question about the 09. LOL

We should all know the answer in another 2 - 3 months. The 08 model is scheduled to end production in late May. So the 09 should start around the end of may or first part of June, depending whether they have a two week shut down or not during the model year change over.

So I suspect Ford will announce something here within the next couple of months.

Maybe they are planning it. Maybe they are waiting until the end of the 08 production before making a final decision because they want to see how sales are holding up before deciding one way or the other. Who knows. But we will all know soon enough.

Whatever happens, I "predict" 09 to be a short year with the new 2010 to launch very early in 09. But that is merely my own personal prediction. I know with the Challenger already out and the Camero coming out in March 09, I would want the new redesign to hit the lots right before the Camero hits or at the very least to hit at the same time. Make sense?

Now lets all take a little nap for about two months and when we wake up the answer will be out to this question about the 09. LOL

Hey SD maybe you know? I ordered some new Ford vans back in early November, and they aren't being built until March 11th.. almost 5 months :redcard: , what's up with that? My fleet guy had no answers. In past years they turned them around in a couple of months, is it parts, downsizing, or what? Just curious.

This Question was already "HAMMERED AND ANSWERED" many times on this forum?????????????

It has certainly been beaten to death, but it has never been answered. Not unless you want to consider all answers that were given. So which is it???

It has been RUMORED yes and RUMORED no.

Within the next couple of months we should have the OFFICIAL answer to this question! Only FORD can make the official announcement and so far they have refused to give an answer.

Hey SD maybe you know? I ordered some new Ford vans back in early November, and they aren't being built until March 11th.. almost 5 months :redcard: , what's up with that? My fleet guy had no answers. In past years they turned them around in a couple of months, is it parts, downsizing, or what? Just curious.

What kind of vans?

I have all kinds of cargo vans. How many you want???

S/D I think he is asking if you have any idea why there would be a delay.

S/D According to everything I have been told as well 09 will be a short year. The PPD mustangs should be rolling off the line around 01/08/08 with order banks available or cars on the lots to coincide with the 45th anniversy April 17th.

Roger

What kind of vans?

I have all kinds of cargo vans. How many you want???

These are very special vans... :hysterical2: or at least I get that imprssion from the lead time. Actually they are simple service trucks, E350 with the shelving uplift. I added some options that most of the vans dealers order for stock don't usally have, so they were built to order. Was just wondering why the 5-month lead time. With trucks being the backbone of Fords lineup, I thought they would be able to build these alot quicker as they have in the past.

These are very special vans... :hysterical2: or at least I get that imprssion from the lead time. Actually they are simple service trucks, E350 with the shelving uplift. I added some options that most of the vans dealers order for stock don't usally have, so they were built to order. Was just wondering why the 5-month lead time. With trucks being the backbone of Fords lineup, I thought they would be able to build these alot quicker as they have in the past.

I am not aware of anything that is holding these up, other than perhaps getting them with a diesel.

Is the upfit coming from another company that is doing the install? Could that be where the delay is?

We ordered one for a customer around the end of Nov. He got it about two weeks ago. So his took 2 months to get from the time we ordered it.

I am not aware of anything that is holding these up, other than perhaps getting them with a diesel.

Is the upfit coming from another company that is doing the install? Could that be where the delay is?

We ordered one for a customer around the end of Nov. He got it about two weeks ago. So his took 2 months to get from the time we ordered it.

No deisel, the uplift is one of the standard packages that Ford offers, not sure who installs though. It may be they have to ship it there first and this could add a month. But the last group I ordered 3 or 4 years ago came much quicker, or at least that is my memory.

Hi there, I am not a GT500 owner. Me and the grandson went for a ride in the Mustang and we stopped over at where we got the car. We talked to Bryan and he was saying that they had a GT500 VERT and that they sold it right away to a guy who has like three or four of them. He sold it at MSRP it was fiftyone thousand. Anyway the Guy told him that this could be the last year because shelby was wanting to do something and ford did not want to so shelby pulled the plug on it. Is there any truth to this. Amyb R you out there that could shed some light on this subject.

Wow....51k for a GT500 Vert in WASHINGTON.....unheard of! Was it a low optioned left over 07'? That is about the only way I could see that slipping out....

Congrats to whoever got that one!

Archived