TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner

shelbygt

I just purchased a 2007 mustang Shelby GT.

I had on my list to buy the following items, but I wanted to ask some questions before I hit the Confirm button....

Here is my shopping cart...

Shorty headers- how much HP am I looking at?

4:30 gears- good or bad?

Stage 2 dual CAM-how much HP?

14inch Baer brakes- Will they fit my stock tires?

62mm throttle body- worth it??

Thanks everyone.....

my car is black with NAV system purchased over a month ago....Now im craving more horsepower....

Im a 24 year old...so Im still a noob...your help is appreciated...

I just purchased a 2007 mustang Shelby GT.

I had on my list to buy the following items, but I wanted to ask some questions before I hit the Confirm button....

Here is my shopping cart...

Shorty headers- how much HP am I looking at? 15 to 20 H.P.

4:30 gears- good or bad? Too steep for me, but it's up to everyone's personal tastes and needs.

Stage 2 dual CAM-how much HP? Depending on the grind, about 75 to 85 H.P.

14inch Baer brakes- Will they fit my stock tires? No. You have to change your wheels to 20's.

62mm throttle body- worth it?? Not without a tune.

Thanks everyone.....

my car is black with NAV system purchased over a month ago....Now im craving more horsepower....

Im a 24 year old...so Im still a noob...your help is appreciated...

Congrats on the purchase. Read the 1,000's of performance mod threads here before you go sepnding that hard earned money on stuff that you don't need to get more H.P. out of the car. IMO, the two best mods that work well with these cars is a supercharger and a tune.

Good luck.

Congrats on the purchase. Read the 1,000's of performance mod threads here before you go sepnding that hard earned money on stuff that you don't need to get more H.P. out of the car. IMO, the two best mods that work well with these cars is a supercharger and a tune.

Good luck.

+1 Searching pays off big time. Look at other forums too. Also keep in mind your specific goals. Will you be doing just daily driving, autocross, drag? Each situation has different mods. If drag, there are some classes for blowers only so alot of people like to mod it as much as they can BEFORE they put on a S/C. You go in that class with only a blower and don't expect much.

Others like me just want the horsepower on the street. Just gotta decide if I want to sell the bike to get that S/C :dreamy:

Archived