TEAM SHELBY FORUM

take a look at this BS

07SGT4578

I would be interested in this if half the proceeds did not go to the SAAC legal defense fund and if this :censored: wasn't a miss informed :censored: . this idiot makes me sick :angry2: :barf:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAAC-Decades-Poster-Ca...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just keep looking , I'm sure you can find one at a reasonable price and NOT have to support SAAC.

Check with the Shelby American Collection in Boulder, CO and see if they may have them. Drop them an e-mail.

http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/contact.html

Good Luck :shift:

I have one & its framed & not forsale ,can`t believe this person would rant on an e-bay listing wow it takes all kinds.

Hmmmm, I dont think SAAC is trying to destroy Team Shelby.

They feel they are being attacked, and the facts indicate they are correct.

I bet you would fight back if the shoe was on the other foot.

SAAC has only been promoting Shelby for about 33 years.

..the only problem I have with the whole deal is that 3 or 4 members over on the saac site are really talking smack about CS and team shelby in general. They fail to realize the team shelby is the members, and the members are proud of this site and our mutual contributions. They are making no friends by their comments. This truly is an issue between CS and the owners of SAAC. It needs to be resolved between them, and it would be best if the clubs' members did not start their own hostilities. All of us need to understand that there are always two sides to a situation (sometimes more) and that you should never automatically demonize the other side. History shows that the other side is demonized typically so that your side is easily convinced that it is ok to hate the other side.

..the only problem I have with the whole deal is that 3 or 4 members over on the saac site are really talking smack about CS and team shelby in general. They fail to realize the team shelby is the members, and the members are proud of this site and our mutual contributions. They are making no friends by their comments. This truly is an issue between CS and the owners of SAAC. It needs to be resolved between them, and it would be best if the clubs' members did not start their own hostilities. All of us need to understand that there are always two sides to a situation (sometimes more) and that you should never automatically demonize the other side. History shows that the other side is demonized typically so that your side is easily convinced that it is ok to hate the other side.

Don't judge a club with 5000 members based on 3 or 4 people.

The same argument could be made about Team Shelby.

We love the same cars and go to the same events. Hell I was in Boulder for the museum's holiday party

With Carrol and Amy, flew in from WA.

This whole deal is so sad no one will win.

Only lose, both sides.

Don't judge a club with 5000 members based on 3 or 4 people.

The same argument could be made about Team Shelby.

We love the same cars and go to the same events. Hell I was in Boulder for the museum's holiday party

With Carrol and Amy, flew in from WA.

This whole deal is so sad no one will win.

Only lose, both sides.

I agree, and I will never be heard to downgrade anybody for belonging to saac. Best for it all to be resolved quickly. If saac was a typical car club, normal turnover of club officers would probably have kept the issues from festering over time. With saac being an incorporated entity, the same individuals kept interacting, and apparently it went negative at some point. I do actually believe that saac will continue on as a strong car club, but maybe with a different style of organization possibly. Who knows, but we should all strive to keep the collateral damage to a minimum.

I agree.......... What I don't understand is that the $AAC members that are doing all the Talking, seem to think that $AAC will die when CS Wins in Court. All $AAC may have to do is Change there name and turn over the Papers and anything that has any of the Names that CS has Copyrighted. $AAC can still produce a Shelby Registry if people send them their info and $AAC gives the Registry a different name. $AAC will not Die, it will just have to make a few adjustments. I wish them all the best but I will not renew my membership because of those few who have been bashing CS, TS, Amy, and others. I was finally able to straighten out the problems I was having with PayPal and am NOW a lucky Member of Team Shelby.

David

Hmmmm, I dont think SAAC is trying to destroy Team Shelby.

They feel they are being attacked, and the facts indicate they are correct.

I bet you would fight back if the shoe was on the other foot.

SAAC has only been promoting Shelby for about 33 years.

Actually, they, the directors of SAAC, have been making a damn good living off of C. Shelby's accomplishments. What they do for the owners and members of SAAC is secondary. First comes lining their pockets, and not just by the dues paid by members. They have been skimming off the top of every ad placed in the SAAC newsletter. They get a first look and buy the cream, then pass what is left on to members. Remember SAAC is a for profit enterprise, unlike most other national car clubs.

Z. Ray

Boy, some of you people really have an ax to grind. From what I've read in the publications, it seems to be more of a he said she said ediction with people such as us not knowing the whole story from either side. My only suggestion is to sit back

and let the lawyers work things out as members of both Saac and Team Shelby are not doing the hobby any good with all of this innuendo and blatant misinformation.

Mr S.

I am a life long Shelby fan- have owned many cars But if you want a third partys take on this check out CAR AND DRIVER Marck 08 page 34 titled " Snake Oil Never Sleeps Carroll Shelby's Ruffling Automotive Legend Gets Even Crustier." I do not think it would be appropriate to post any more of the article here! I do however think that without SAAC Shelby"s "Legend" would not be what it is today and our cars would not be worth the Money they are! IMHO

I am a life long Shelby fan- have owned many cars But if you want a third partys take on this check out CAR AND DRIVER Marck 08 page 34 titled " Snake Oil Never Sleeps Carroll Shelby's Ruffling Automotive Legend Gets Even Crustier." I do not think it would be appropriate to post any more of the article here! I do however think that without SAAC Shelby"s "Legend" would not be what it is today and our cars would not be worth the Money they are! IMHO

I don't believe a word of what Car and Driver says. They idolize euro cars and always down American cars. Especially Fords.

I don't believe a word of what Car and Driver says. They idolize euro cars and always down American cars. Especially Fords.

Have you read the article?

"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principal is contempt prior to investigation."

one of my favorite quotes!!!!

Have you read the article?

"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principal is contempt prior to investigation."

one of my favorite quotes!!!!

Here is the original thread regarding this article.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=24233&hl=

Yes. most have read it, but agree? I doubt it. C&D like all of us except the handfull directly involved CS & SAAC Owners, simple do not know all the facts. It is simply an editorial opinion, and not a very good one.

Here is the original thread regarding this article.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=24233&hl=

Yes. most have read it, but agree? I doubt it. C&D like all of us except the handfull directly involved CS & SAAC Owners, simple do not know all the facts. It is simply an editorial opinion, and not a very good one.

Well at least you read it! I also do not entirly agree with it! However having been involved with SAAC I think they did a pretty good job, Having said that its Shelbys name and he is entitled to do with it as he wishes!!!!

nuff said! :headspin:

I do however think that without SAAC Shelby"s "Legend" would not be what it is today and our cars would not be worth the Money they are! IMHO

I do agree that SAAC had a hand in it. But if CS did not build the Cars, SAAC would not exist at all. I was raised that if you have a Job, part of your Job is to Make your Boss look good and to Improve on your Job. Now, SAAC was given a contract (Job). They Made their Boss (CS) look good and they Improved on their Job. Now, if I messed up at my Job, I can get fired. If SAAC messes up at their Job, they could loose the Contract. I still have my Job (until I mess up). I dont think any of us will know what all happened, we can only guess. The good news is, I truely believ that SAAC, under a different name, will still be around. We can only hope that the ones in charge are training their replacements for when they can no longer do the Job. To do what they do, it will take many Years to train replacements.

I do agree that SAAC had a hand in it. But if CS did not build the Cars, SAAC would not exist at all. I was raised that if you have a Job, part of your Job is to Make your Boss look good and to Improve on your Job. Now, SAAC was given a contract (Job). They Made their Boss (CS) look good and they Improved on their Job. Now, if I messed up at my Job, I can get fired. If SAAC messes up at their Job, they could loose the Contract. I still have my Job (until I mess up). I dont think any of us will know what all happened, we can only guess. The good news is, I truely believ that SAAC, under a different name, will still be around. We can only hope that the ones in charge are training their replacements for when they can no longer do the Job. To do what they do, it will take many Years to train replacements.

The problem as I see it is that SAAC did not have a contract in the beginning and that CS was thrilled that they would choose to create a club to immortalize him. Along the way I'm sure egos got bruised, bent, burned, but I do see that it was not until several years back when the prices of the Shelby marque cars started going up that CS got involved again. Spin it any way you like but the foray back into the world of building continuation series cars had to have been based on the almighty dollar, otherwise as CS had stated long in the past, he was amazed that anyone would want one of these "clapped out race cars". If you do a search of the web, youtube and such, you'll find where he states all of it, his own words out of his own mouth, so do not take my word on it but look it up for yourself, then try to rationalize what has happened to our hobby in the last 3-6 months.

Mr S.

I don't know what all happened between CS and SAAC and frankly I don't care - it's none of my business. What I do know is that Amy and her crew have consistently held the "no comment" approach while SAAC has consistently stated in their newsletters that CS is a evil, greedy old man and that the new shelby cars aren't true "Shelbys" because they have no history and therefore shouldn't be included in Shelby clubs. In my opinion, Amy and everyone else at SAI has maintained the moral highground throughout this on-going argument and that's why I won't be renewing my membership with SAAC later this year.

Matt

I don't know what all happened between CS and SAAC and frankly I don't care - it's none of my business. What I do know is that Amy and her crew have consistently held the "no comment" approach while SAAC has consistently stated in their newsletters that CS is a evil, greedy old man and that the new shelby cars aren't true "Shelbys" because they have no history and therefore shouldn't be included in Shelby clubs. In my opinion, Amy and everyone else at SAI has maintained the moral highground throughout this on-going argument and that's why I won't be renewing my membership with SAAC later this year.

Matt

Just to try and clarify a few things..

The core issue at hand is not a conflict between the respective members of SAAC and TS.

It is not a conflict between old car and new car enthusiasts.

It is not a moral combat.

To characterize it as such is just not accurate.

It is a legal battle, not with SA, but with SAAC and CSLI (Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.)

To address the original topic, the eBay thing is not BS...

...this is simply a grassroots attempt to help fund the tremendous legal expenses that SAAC will be forced to incur.

Those bills are to be paid from member's contributions, while CSLI pays their bills from the corporate treasury. Some guys just want to help the cause.

If Ford tried to dismantle Team Shelby, for whatever reason, I am sure we would see the same "rally to the cause" right here.

thanks

Just to try and clarify a few things..

The core issue at hand is not a conflict between the respective members of SAAC and TS.

It is not a conflict between old car and new car enthusiasts.

It is not a moral combat.

To characterize it as such is just not accurate.

It is a legal battle, not with SA, but with SAAC and CSLI (Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.)

To address the original topic, the eBay thing is not BS...

...this is simply a grassroots attempt to help fund the tremendous legal expenses that SAAC will be forced to incur.

Those bills are to be paid from member's contributions, while CSLI pays their bills from the corporate treasury. Some guys just want to help the cause.

If Ford tried to dismantle Team Shelby, for whatever reason, I am sure we would see the same "rally to the cause" right here.

thanks

Computerworks,

When I said "moral highground", I wasn't talking about the original split between CS and SAAC. I was talking about the on-going "he said / she said argument". SAI has refused to get involved with all of this finger pointing while SAAC has used their official newletters to sling mud at both Carroll Shelby and SAI. Because of that, my respect for Amy and her crew has grown while I've pretty much lost all respect for the officials at SAAC. SAI has handled this whole affair in a much more professional manner and for that they have my support and thanks.

Matt

Computerworks,

When I said "moral highground", I wasn't talking about the original split between CS and SAAC. I was talking about the on-going "he said / she said argument". SAI has refused to get involved with all of this finger pointing while SAAC has used their official newletters to sling mud at both Carroll Shelby and SAI. Because of that, my respect for Amy and her crew has grown while I've pretty much lost all respect for the officials at SAAC. SAI has handled this whole affair in a much more professional manner and for that they have my support and thanks.

Matt

Matt... I am sorry you feel that way, and you are certainly entitled to.

Amy has rightly distanced herself from the dialog's details. She is an employee of the company and is under the rules of not commenting on ongoing legal proceedings. I'd do the same.

Amy has rightly distanced herself from the dialog's details. She is an employee of the company and is under the rules of not commenting on ongoing legal proceedings. I'd do the same.

computerworks, again I've followed your posts both here and on several other web sites you seem to be level headed and unbiased, I personally appreciate your input and responses here. What you write above makes sense to me. Plus, since this site is owned and operated by a corporate interest with ties to SAI and run as such, it would not be a smart idea for Amy or the moderators here to tolerate such issues. of course while I agree with what they are doing, it does smack of not allowing free speech to come in to play. Not knocking anyone as I do realize this is a private run but open to the general public forum and web site, so the rules in effect must be followed or you could be :censored: .

Mr S.

Archived