TEAM SHELBY FORUM

jUST JOININ IN

justus5

Hey guys out there...justus5 here. Names' Jan, I live in Richland, Washington, or if you want to call the area the Tri-Cities. I just purchased a Shelby Cobra GT500, Clearcoat Black with the red racing stripes convertible, 5.4 4V, Triton V8. Got a really good deal from Bickford Ford in Snohomish, Wa. They tell me that they only know of 11 of these cars being built with this specific package. Could this be true?

I have been driving my 02 Black GT Mustang for 5 years now and fell in love with the handling and performance. Not to mention the horsepower and torque. It really did cruise nice at around 120 mph up I90 from Seattle to Ellensburg. I will miss it very much but probably not to much. Hated to trade it in. Only had 30,000 miles on it.

But will soon be distracted by the new car and all those horses under the hood. Only really concerned about the stablization

I have been reading your blogs about the front lisence plates. My car would really look dumb with one. The front end was just not made for this.

What does everyone think about this new engine tax that the government is trying to pass. I am hoping people will rebel against it. That is if they even let us vote on it.

I will be checking back and reading the blogs. Hope you'all don't mind a female car entheusiest be a part of the club.

Chat later.

Hey guys out there...justus5 here. Names' Jan, I live in Richland, Washington, or if you want to call the area the Tri-Cities. I just purchased a Shelby Cobra GT500, Clearcoat Black with the red racing stripes convertible, 5.4 4V, Triton V8. Got a really good deal from Bickford Ford in Snohomish, Wa. They tell me that they only know of 11 of these cars being built with this specific package. Could this be true?

I have been driving my 02 Black GT Mustang for 5 years now and fell in love with the handling and performance. Not to mention the horsepower and torque. It really did cruise nice at around 120 mph up I90 from Seattle to Ellensburg. I will miss it very much but probably not to much. Hated to trade it in. Only had 30,000 miles on it.

But will soon be distracted by the new car and all those horses under the hood. Only really concerned about the stablization

I have been reading your blogs about the front lisence plates. My car would really look dumb with one. The front end was just not made for this.

What does everyone think about this new engine tax that the government is trying to pass. I am hoping people will rebel against it. That is if they even let us vote on it.

I will be checking back and reading the blogs. Hope you'all don't mind a female car entheusiest be a part of the club.

Chat later.

Welcome to TS.

We don't mind...in fact we likey. Just watch out for Joe G and HSURB and Carnut. Let me know if they give you any trouble. I can protect you with my big bad mean ban stick! :hysterical: Keep in mind that the 2nd annual Pacific NW meet and greet is being held again at my place in Battleground WA if you get out this way in the Spring. We would love for ypou to attend. I will find the link for you.

Here it is:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=12545&hl=

Welcome to TS Jan!

I was at Bickford on Saturday and saw your car with the sold sticker in the window :happy feet: . Very Nice car, you will really enjoy it. Check with Joe G about your car. As the godfather of the BVM :ph34r: , he knows everything there is to know about Black Verts. I see you found Grabbers PNW Meet & Greet Thread, good to see you can go. :party2:

Enjoy your car :superhero:

Welcome. You do not live to far from me :happy feet: I live in Kennewick :hysterical2: . Here is a link about Bill number SB6900. I have a 08 GT Vert Grabber Orange. This is a link from GrabberOrang.net this should give you some Info on that Bill.

http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/viewto...6&highlight=

Another thread about SB6900 FROM STANGS UNLEASHED

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24573

Welcome to the Red Stripe Club!!! I haven't told my wife that they made a 'vert Red Stripe yet. She loves 'verts, but at the time only coupes were available. Oh well.

As far as 1 of 11 being built, don't think so. The salesman yankin' your chain. They were supposed to build 300 Red Stripe 'verts this year. More like 1 of 150 +/-. Still, a very small club! (I have #7 of 128)

I have the Shell Station in North Bend, right off exit 31. If you have time stop in on your way. If it's sunny I will have my Shelby out that day.

Congrats!!!

Bryan

Welcome to the Red Stripe Club!!! I haven't told my wife that they made a 'vert Red Stripe yet. She loves 'verts, but at the time only coupes were available. Oh well.

As far as 1 of 11 being built, don't think so. The salesman yankin' your chain. They were supposed to build 300 Red Stripe 'verts this year. More like 1 of 150 +/-. Still, a very small club! (I have #7 of 128)

I have the Shell Station in North Bend, right off exit 31. If you have time stop in on your way. If it's sunny I will have my Shelby out that day.

Congrats!!!

Bryan

The number for 2008 is 600. This does not mean that all 600 Red Packages will be ordered! This also includes all white and all black Red Package verts. In '07, they were Coupes, but in '08, the package is only for verts.

Well JAN how do you like it :happy feet: I know you have had the top down :hysterical2: it is 62 deg out side right know. Me and the Grandson put the top down on the GT today. Lets get some pictures up on your GT500 :happy feet: Hopefuly we will have a nice week end and maybe we could meet in Columbia park down where all the little kids play.They have a huge parking lot there.Anyway can't wait to see it on the road :happy feet: should be sweeeet.

Congrats!!!

Bryan

Hey Bryan, Nice to hear from you. I know the station. I will be coming by in a couple weeks. If the sun is out I will stop in to check out your ride.

Thanks for the post.

Jan

JUSTUS5

Well JAN how do you like it :happy feet: I know you have had the top down :hysterical2: it is 62 deg out side right know. Me and the Grandson put the top down on the GT today. Lets get some pictures up on your GT500 :happy feet: Hopefuly we will have a nice week end and maybe we could meet in Columbia park down where all the little kids play.They have a huge parking lot there.Anyway can't wait to see it on the road :happy feet: should be sweeeet.

Hey nice to hear from you. I was also out cruising with the top down that day. It was wonderful. We will be taking foto's of it this weekend and posting soon.

Jan

JUSTUS5

Car looks GREAT! Had a chance to look it over before you picked it up at Bickford.

We will be over on your side of the mountains for a show at Howards Amon Park on Memorial Day weekend. Are you going to be araound? If so, come on down and play!

Hey we would love to.Can you send a schedule of events for the weekend so we don't miss anything???

Thanks for the notification.

Jan and John

JUDTUS5

Hey we would love to.Can you send a schedule of events for the weekend so we don't miss anything???

Thanks for the notification.

Jan and John

JUDTUS5

We are driving over on Friday, May 23. There are some activities on Saturday and the show is on Sunday. The show is put on by the Pacific Northwest Mustang Club. There website is pnwmc.org

Check it out and we can chat before we head over. Look forward to meeting you guys.

JAN that is one sweet looking GT500 VERT :happy feet: I can not wait to see it in person. I to will be at the show in May. I hope to have my pro-street 66 fastback completed by then and I will be bringing the 08 vert also. I bet that gt500 wrinkles the asphalt when you light them up :happy feet: :happy feet: When I am out and about I will keep my eyes open for you or your other half John. Now tell me whos GT500 is it :happy feet: OK I am Jealous now. Now I want one :happy feet: Hey from the pictures you posted I could be your Neighbor :happy feet: Are you and John Tri-Cities FEVER fans. God bless

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jan,

Thanks for stopping in last week. Wow that car is a KILLER!!! I never thought the back and red would be all that great, (little too butt rocker :rockon: ), but wow was I wrong. The window tinting makes it look mean! I should have brought a camera that day. Oh well. Hope ya had fun in Seattle and made it over the pass without any rock chips.

Take Care

Bryan

Archived