TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thoughts about "ADDED" stripes on Vert's?

Gun Oil

I have my 08' Vert on order and the one thing that still really bugs me is the short sighted-ness of Ford & Shelby to not offer Hood & Decklid stripe options for Vert's....

What is the general feeling of them being added after the fact?

I am really thinking about having a set painted on after the fact, but thought I would "test the water" to see what others think about this...

I have a red vert, with Satin Silver lower stripes on order....I think the Satin Silver uppers would look pretty wicked! :snake:

I also wanted them at first, but after getting the car the stripeless has really grown on me. I have seen verts with the stripes, and they all look good. It just has fallen down on my mod list for now. I'm sure I'd love them if I do eventually go that route...can't really go wrong with some classic racing stripes.

Now that I think about it, I've really been liking the SS stripes lately. Black on red with tinted lights...looks bad ass.

I suppose that if you're a member of "the car is going to be a collectible and I don't want to mod it" school, I'd leave it alone. If you're not a member of that group, and you want stripes, then by all means do it. If you decide to sell the car on down the road, the non-factory stripes might deter the purists from buying it. Others probably won't care.

You could always do them in vinyl. That way they could be removed, and they will match the vinyl rocker stripes. It all depends on your take on it and the depth of your wallet.

I own an 08 Grabber Vert with black lower door stripes, it's my intention to wait a year and then probably have black stripes painted on (to OEM spec's), if nothing else to tone down the bright colour. Besides a Grabber Vert with black stripes would match very well with the black rocker panels, front splitter, rear valance and hood heat extractors giving it a neat and clean look.

My advice is to wait a while to see if you like the "stealth" look or the "in your face, scare the crap out of riced out import" look.

Farmdog has put on the stripes with his vert. It looks good. I have the rockers only and really wanted a full stripe delete when i was shoping. I could easily enough remove them but they grew on me a little so I have left them. My opinion is the stripes on the vert look good. I like them on the coupe better because when the top is up there is no stripe but with the top down it's very cool looking.

I don't drive me vert with the top up, so I never have that issue really. I have one rule for driving- the weather has to be nice enough....no rain driving. My car will never be rained on if I have a say....but I do LOVE the stripes on my vert....that is one reason I ordered the red stripe package- will be the only factory production gt500 vert with the stripes... :happy feet:

If you want them though, just get em- eventually I will paint mine.

• 3 weeks later...

pretty sure there is another thread related to this - but I just HAD to have the stripes on mine, 08-GT500 white with blue stripes, but they factory wouldn't do it. Dealer ordered the stripe kit (vinyl ?) from Shelby and installed them a week after I picked up the car. One thing I noticed, was how much more the car gets noticed. ! When it was just a white vert I could pass local law enforcement with hardly a look - but with the blue stripes over the hood - man alive everytime I go by a cop, they watch me all the way past and I can see some looking over their shoulder to see the back of the car too. Anyone else out there seen a change in their 'noticability' with added stripes?

I own an 08 Grabber Vert with black lower door stripes, it's my intention to wait a year and then probably have black stripes painted on (to OEM spec's), if nothing else to tone down the bright colour. Besides a Grabber Vert with black stripes would match very well with the black rocker panels, front splitter, rear valance and hood heat extractors giving it a need and clean look.

My advice is to wait a while to see if you like the "stealth" look or the "in your face scare, the crap out of riced out import" look.

ShipWright ConGrats on the Grabber Orange GT500 Vert they are awesome looking. For what it worth I have a 08 GT Mustang and had the stripes painted on and they look Bad a##. I have the cloth top and they are so much better looking and blacker than the other. here is the procees for my GT painted on stripes,

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14925

I own an Alloy Vert with Tungsten stripes. I had the over the top stripes painted on after. I think the stripes help make the car.

I also wonder if the Vert stripes were not offered because it is available with the 40th, SS, KR upgrades?

Can't say it enough, stripes make a Shelby.

CaptDave

I agree..The stripes complete the authenticity of the car...go vinyl...they can be removed later for "correctness" (although I would imagine they would leave a shadow over the original paint once removed) and vinyl can be replaced if it gets nicked.

It's your car, do you turns your crank....

I've got a black 'vert, and it looks totally sinister without stripes, and thats the way its staying. The Blues look good without as well, however, that being said, I like the red and white cars white stripes...

Depends on the flavor, again, it your do what you want, and like a previous post said, if you go vinyl, you can always revert back...

Have fun

+1 pro-stripe-add on for verts. I've sworn that once I get mine, I'll add them. I just really like the way they look. Yes, it's not "true to the 60's vert style" to do so, but f-it, it's what you like. I'd go painted-on ones, FWIW.

That being said, the stripe add would probably fall behind in priority over a full Stage 2 after say 500-1000 miles of enjoying it pure stock in my case.

Enjoy it either way!

-TC

I had Satin Silver stripes put on my '08 Alloy 'vert. I don't have any pics yet as the weather still sucks here in SE Michigan! But very soon! ;)

~DoubleX

2007 Tungsten Vert - Cancelled

2008 Alloy Vert Loaded - In my driveway 10/8/2007! :happy feet:

1997 CBR1100XX enjoying the company

This is a great post! you helped me try and figure out what we are going to do. My Black/ Alloy vert shows up on the 27th to the dealer and I wanted them to order the stripe kit for the over the top but we are going to wait to see what it looks like in person as is. Can always be added later in vinyl and then removed if needed!

My Black/ Alloy vert shows up on the 27th to the dealer and I wanted them to order the stripe kit for the over the top but we are going to wait to see what it looks like in person as is.

Hello ... I posted this pic in the Arrival topic ... I also have the same colour combo, with stripes added (except bumpers).

Everyone forgive me for posting this again!

shelby_1.jpg

Hello ... I posted this pic in the Arrival topic ... I also have the same colour combo, with stripes added (except bumpers).

Everyone forgive me for posting this again!

I have black/alloy vert to which I was going to add stripes until I saw same on coupe, didn't like. My 2c

This is a great post! you helped me try and figure out what we are going to do. My Black/ Alloy vert shows up on the 27th to the dealer and I wanted them to order the stripe kit for the over the top but we are going to wait to see what it looks like in person as is. Can always be added later in vinyl and then removed if needed!

Is it Ebony or Alloy you are getting?

I have Alloy with Tungsten stripes. :happy feet: See earlier post.

I have gone back and forth with this issue. Bottomline for me is I can always add them...vinyl .... but for now, I would like to keep a lower profile. I mean the stripes will attract attention for sure. My next mod will be the Ford Racing exhaust SGT, which will most likely screw up my lower profile statement! I call these good problems to have!! Enjoy your decision.

Probably the same as what the Coupes see, but before I had the stripes added, my car was very low key - now it seems to be a police car magent - always around, always keeping an eye on me - probably just my imagination but it sure seems that way

Would not change them though

Archived