TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No lower Front grill looks unfinished

I looks like only two rivets are needed? Just the diagonally opposing corners?

I have a black SGT and I'm looking at getting the black grill, anyone have pics of a black SGT with black lower grill?

I went ahead and drilled holes at all four corners (had to drill pilot holes through the grill)--but that was probably overkill. I think the 2 provided are sufficient. I just mainly wanted to play with power tools...

I looks like only two rivets are needed? Just the diagonally opposing corners?

I have a black SGT and I'm looking at getting the black grill, anyone have pics of a black SGT with black lower grill?

Look for pics of Rogers car.....rossgt.

I want the one that matches my upper grill. :banghead:

with driving lights & brake ducts PLEASE! :waiting::waiting::waiting:

Go to Shelby mods and GT Tech Section of this site. Under Important Topics Bud gives instructions for installation. Just remember if you use rivets you will have to drill them out to remove the grill again if you do an intercooler, brake duct/light combo, etc.

Does it make any sense to secure the lower grill another way? Bolt on with lock washers versus rivits? Any thoughts?

I'm planning on doing the lower grill soon, but also want to consider the fog light option as well.

Thanks,

Andy.

I was thinking the same thing!

Does it make any sense to secure the lower grill another way? Bolt on with lock washers versus rivits? Any thoughts?

I'm planning on doing the lower grill soon, but also want to consider the fog light option as well.

Thanks,

Andy.

Thanks,

Andy.

I just got the billet grille and will be putting it on today. You could probably use screw/captive nut if the nut were on the rear. The holes are very small though, and one of mine is very close to the edge and wouldn't survive redrilling. I will probably drill a new hole or holes. Pics when it's done...

It is a pretty easy install. The tough part is popping out the outer "faux" grill pieces. The billet grill goes behind the fascia and mine is riveted on. Here are SAI-Bud's instructions.

"Here are the instructions for the lower billet grille. Pictures will soon follow.

First, remove the two lower outer “faux” grille pieces. They will pop out. Look at the new lower grille insert, you will see on the brace a hole on each side. This is the hole where you will need to drill later. Now take the grille and place it in the opening, going in from behind the fascia. Now drill through the hole in the brace and through the fascia. Use 2 pop rivits to hold it in place. You can use a 1/8 by 1/2 inch pop rivit.

Now, snap back on the two “faux” grille pieces. The lower grille insert is now completed"

what size drill bit do u use to drill out the holes for the rivets?

what size drill bit do u use to drill out the holes for the rivets?

Use 1/8" bit for 1/8" rivets. I am installing mine now. I will post pics as soon as done. (Done with SS hood prop)

One thing I noticed is the inner welds are not great. :(

pics to follow...

I just got the billet grille and will be putting it on today. You could probably use screw/captive nut if the nut were on the rear. The holes are very small though, and one of mine is very close to the edge and wouldn't survive redrilling. I will probably drill a new hole or holes. Pics when it's done...

Here it is.

DSC_0157.jpg

One photo criticism: I apologize for not aligning the center strip with the center pillar between the garage doors. :(

Black might have been better, I dunno. Whatever, it's better than nothing. !!!

Black 'verts are the fastest cars though. Especially if they have red stripes :)

Archived