TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New article about the TWO new Terlingua's

dave c

Just opened up the February issue of Mustang Monthly, interesting read. Talks about the 08 V-6 and was a little shocked to see that Keith Craft Motorsports is building a '67, street legal continuation Terlingua. It will have official Shelby Serial number. Will be powered by 408ci, V-8, 525hp. WOW!!! With an MSRP starting at 99,500.00. Sounds like its pretty much a bad a$$, street legal race car. Brakes, suspension, roll bar, fuel cell, you name it, it's got it. :superhero:

Dallas Mustang was building a 66 notchback. I believe those were done with Bill Neal not through Shelby. My understanding is that they no longer are building those and can't now that the Terlingua rights are over at Shelby.

I thought Dallas Mustang was already doing a terlingua

http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/specialtycars.dm450.php

I have a feeling its going to get pretty crowd with SA stuff soon.

Never know though :headspin:

I think the Dallas ones were 64.5-66, based on existing 'sound' cars with only 4-5 having been built until the new deal with SAI.

I think this new '67 is to be built using all new pieces, including the Dynacorn all-new '67 bodies Ford featured at the 2007 SEMA show on the Flashback project car (and another car who's name/builder escapes me). I think the '67 in the article was the one built for SEMA'07 Terlingua debut.

Very cool indeed!! ;-)

Thanks for the good words about the '67. To set the record straight, the car is a original body with all new sheet metal and the modifications are done here at Keith Craft Motorsports. You can go to our web-site to see additional photo's of the car. Yes this is the car that was built for the SEMA debut and we have the contract to build more cars as orders come in. This car is a blast to drive and the handling is great. Come see the car at Tulsa in June at the big Shelby meet and I will personally be there to answer any questions and you can also call me at 972-578-3550 or e-mail rob@keithcraftmotorsports.com.

Yes, Dallas Mustang was building the 65-66 car but we along with Shelby and Bill Neale recreated the '67 car driven by Jerry Titus to the SCCA Championship. The car has true front and rear brake ducts, Flared front and rear fenders, 525hp 408ci Keith Craft engine and 5-speed.

Thanks

Rob

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the good words about the '67. To set the record straight, the car is a original body with all new sheet metal and the modifications are done here at Keith Craft Motorsports. You can go to our web-site to see additional photo's of the car. Yes this is the car that was built for the SEMA debut and we have the contract to build more cars as orders come in. This car is a blast to drive and the handling is great. Come see the car at Tulsa in June at the big Shelby meet and I will personally be there to answer any questions and you can also call me at 972-578-3550 or e-mail rob@keithcraftmotorsports.com.

Yes, Dallas Mustang was building the 65-66 car but we along with Shelby and Bill Neale recreated the '67 car driven by Jerry Titus to the SCCA Championship. The car has true front and rear brake ducts, Flared front and rear fenders, 525hp 408ci Keith Craft engine and 5-speed.

Thanks

Rob

The 67 is just fricking amazing looking. I will have to look you guys up the next tme I make the drive from Austin.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the insight Rob -- just saw your reply ...yeah you guys did an awesome job on it!!! :happy feet:

Dan

<edit:> sp.

And for you guys that don't know...Yeah Rob and his crew build a real nasty Terlingua but they also do other things as well. IF you don't HAVE to HAVE the SHELBY name on everything you do, Rob is your man. He personally takes care of probably 90 percent of the Texas Cobra Club's Cobras, mine, Matt's and Gary Sharapata's GT500 as well as many Mustangs etc. from the North Texas Mustang Club.

He shoots straight and does good work. Rob is a former Senior Master Tech from Ford who wanted to make a living doing what he loved. He also works part time crew on an top alky funny car. From superchargers, fabrication, paint and body...you name it ...they can take care of you. They did Matt's supersnake hood and are working on mine as we speak.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Gary

Founding member of the Texas Cobra Club

President of the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas

Member in good standing of the North Texas Mustang Club

I thought Dallas Mustang was already doing a terlingua

http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/specialtycars.dm450.php

I have a feeling its going to get pretty crowd with SA stuff soon.

Never know though :headspin:

How about this Dallas Mustang/Terlingua Racing Team '66 which started it's life as a coupe, now a chop-top, purpose built for the La Carrera Panamerican Race in the Historic C class (V-8 and V-12 cars).

The article in the 2008 edition of Mustang Milestones magazine says that the car builder is David Bell and the driver/owner is Payton Feltus of Dallas, TX.

This car has Terlingua Racing Team printed all over it, it also sports the fearsome Bunny on top of the hood :hysterical:

2h516o1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Whelp, I'm about to complete step one of my day dream and

pick-up an 07 Grabber Orange V6 coupe on Friday.

Next to move on to step two and get it converted to a Terlingua.

Archived