TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Spirit of Clean Underwear....

68noh8

Bear with me here, I felt the need to get this off my chest....

I can't remember where I heard or read this but I once learned the reason mom's remind their children to wear clean underwear before they leave to go out somewhere is so that if someday they end up in the ER they do not embarrass her by having dirty underwear. Its a simple life lesson that was taught several ways but always with the spirit of not embarrassing those around you.

You are now probably asking why did I just post this? I posted this because I just got done reading a small percentage of the posts at the SAAC site. And while I truly do not know who is right or wrong or where the truth exists, I would hope my brethren on this site do not embarrass me here like frankly even some of the forum administrators embarrass those who call SAAC home.

I would like to continue to be a part of SAAC, it was the first club by extension I participated in with a Shelby in the family however, I am embarrassed by the seemingly endless displays of low character and intellect represented by the posts in the forums. I am not talking about the views that people have, I firmly realize some may never forgive Carroll for the transgressions they feel he has done against them. I am talking about the way people are expressing their views, personal attacks, threats of war, bad Rambo quotes, accusations of traitorous behavior and personal attacks so belligerent I would not expect them against a serial killer or pedophile.

I honestly thought about posting this same note in the forums over there however while I would love to have some of the people be aghast by a sudden realization of what they must look like as viewed from the outside world, I feel they would simply dismiss my thoughts as traitorous support of the most evil of enemies. I understand my mere participation on this site alone has been logged by SAAC and I am now on some blacklist! :doh:

If you are a SAAC member or have friends who are and you still have concern for the club, you really ought to talk to who ever it is who runs the show and have them think about the image thats being developed. PLEASE understand, this is not a suggestion of picking a different side in the Shelby vs SAAC argument, that will be settled elsewhere, nor is it a discussion of squashing free speech, its a discussion of publicly carrying ones self like a level headed well grounded adult!

For the rest of you who post around here, make sure you have clean underwear on in every post! ;)

Off my soapbox now.

Dennis

No rift. Sort of like Ford v. Chevy v. Chrysler, American cars v. Japanese cars, Republicans v. Democrats.

Everybody is getting along fine for the most part despite their differences, except for a few folks get a little bit wrapped up about the whole thing.

I'd just go jump in the car and go for a drive and not worry about it...

No rift. Sort of like Ford v. Chevy v. Chrysler, American cars v. Japanese cars, Republicans v. Democrats.

Everybody is getting along fine for the most part despite their differences, except for a few folks get a little bit wrapped up about the whole thing.

Thats actually good advice. I wish I would have read it before I wasted 30 minutes reading what I read, its actually pretty sad.

Dennis

This explains a lot http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/10/carroll...ac-allegations/

This too http://www.themustangnews.com/clubnews_08/...08shelby203.htm

IMO this is a little different than a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Chrysler thing mciarochi...

You know, I use to post and be active on the old SAI forum but I migrated over to the Stangs Unleashed site and forum. Why? Because of the drama associated with the old SAI forum and because criticism of anything "Shelby" was frowned upon and sometimes the critics were chastised by the SAI moderators for posting their thoughts. It really turned me off and I left, how ironic it was that the new home I chose, Stangs Unleashed, would be absorbed into SAI. To that I say, it's starting to feel like old times around here Folks...Just read the top post.

EDIT On second thought, don't read the top post.

My intention was to not cause drama over here. I too like it here. Its pretty calm, down to business and open.

Maybe the wordiness of my post lost its intent but all I was trying to illustrate was how badly a person a group, a club can look when its allowed to be run by "mob mentality".

To say that what is going on is a simple competition between friendly rivals is wrong. There are some pretty extreme views on Shelby, our site, Amy and anyone who aligns themselves to them either through direct support or simple support of this group.

Actually I am fine with that, its the name calling, threats and the way group is presenting itself that is really turning me off of wanting to ever again be part of SAAC.

I guess I should have written it off as "sticks and stones" but I thought I would commiserate a little and hopefully illustrate the point to our group here that no matter how it turns out I would hope we don't embarrass ourselves like they are doing over there.

Dennis

BTW, WP64 I hope this is clear to you that I am by no means criticizing opinions over here. I would hope we continue to excommunicate those who drop the quality of this site by they way they post.

Archived