TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It felt like a scene from Vanishing Point, but.....

VNMOUS1

Got the call from the dealer yesterday morning. There was a transport in his lot with a driver that had been there since 4am. He said he wasn't leaving THIS one on the doorstep and stayed with the car til they opened!

Great dealership, great people: Quality Ford in Princeton KY. Allyn Moore and Todd Bradford (Allyn is the owner, Todd the Sales Mgr). They have been just awesome through the entire process. So, they have no Saturday service and it could get a PDI. I bribed the service manager to come in and do it (with a wad of dough and he took his wife out for a great dinner last night). Here's the sequence:

11:00am Call from dealer

11:00:30am I wipe up after myself

11:02am I break into uncontrollable tears when I hear it can get PDI'd

11:02:01am I start coming up with an answer to this problem

11:05am Return call from dealer saying the bribe worked...come get it

11:06am Pack some crap in a bag and head to O'Hare

1:50pm Wheels up via American Airlines

3:00pm Land at Nashville

3:10pm Already in rental car, and have left airport (Thanks Hertz #1 Gold!!!)

4:51pm Arrive dealer in Princeton, KY (Try Mapquest and YOU do the math. I beat the BeJesus out of a Hyundai

at an incredible rate of speed that I'll never get to duplicate in the Shelby 'cause it's Arrest-Me Red.

4:53pm Pick lower jaw off floor after seeing it. Hear muted laughter and talking from bystanders

5:21pm Deal done, BEL RX 65 Pro and Magellan 800 in window, "let's hit it".

5:22pm Cross street to AutoZone for a little wax for the front to help remove bugs later.

5:23pm AutoZone employee carrying battery to lady's car stops in his tracks, puts down battery and goes

back into store. 5 seconds later every person in the store has surrounded my car. I buy wax,

head to shady spot, apply coat and boogie.

6:30pm (see photo) Got to see my grandkids in southern IL on the way through!!!!

10:00pm Stop in Effingham Illinois to see new friends at another dealership. About 10 people there to see it.

They chipped bugs off front air dam and windshield so the could take pix.

10:45pm Back on I-57 north

3:15am The Eagle Had Landed. My wife and daughter absolutely freaked when they saw it.

9:30am Washed, re-waxed front. Let's ride!!!!!!

Observations:

MUCH smoother, quieter and "planted" than I could ever imagine. Fit, finish, detail was outstanding. Stripes absolutely suck. Certainly not worth my 1.5 month wait (car was produced 6/27/06) Overlaps, bubbles, just horrendous, but that why I have a warranty. BTW, Mr "I'm not leavin' it here" did manage to nick the front air dam getting it off the truck, but no biggie.

Power is just plain linear. I drove 450 miles last night and varied it 60/70/80/70/60 all night. After 250, I ran it about 1/2 trottle to 4,000 on the on ramps. By the time I got home, I kicked it in tha ass just a touch. THIS is gonna be a hoot! (The wife says, no golf today big boy, we're cruising all day)

Interior upgrade is a no-brainer. MUCH nicer. Only Helen Keller would need a Shaker 1000. I work in radio, have the music of a 14 year old daughter and I'm a drummer and the 500 can hurt my ears and do it cleanly. IF you buy the 1000, you're only doing it for the weight distribution or some sort of bizarre thought that it'll be worth more when you sell it as a collectable (not likely).

I've had these same tires on a C5, and these are soooo much quieter becaue of the lack of the big open hatch on a Vette.

Service Mgr says, you're not going to want to drive this in the rain! I asked whynot. He said "see those two manholes on the hood? I washed the car and the motor was absolutely soaked!" So...that's something we never discussed on here!! I'll put a couple of squares of trash bag over the holes when I wash it to minimized the engine bay detailing necessary, but he's right about rain....not that I care, but he's right. It's my daily driver. I can have rain, snow, locusts, whatever. I can always clean it.

Everything about the car looks SO much more dramatic than it does in pix and print. I'm telling you, everyone that saw it was stunned.

More driving details later....here's one pic of the granddaughter and yours truly.

Gotta drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy feet: :cheerleader::party: :bandance: :woohoo:

:shift:

bj

post-2868-1154875464_thumb.jpg

post-2868-1154875464_thumb.jpg

Got the call from the dealer yesterday morning. There was a transport in his lot with a driver that had been there since 4am. He said he wasn't leaving THIS one on the doorstep and stayed with the car til they opened!

Great dealership, great people: Quality Ford in Princeton KY. Allyn Moore and Todd Bradford (Allyn is the owner, Todd the Sales Mgr). They have been just awesome through the entire process. So, they have no Saturday service and it could get a PDI. I bribed the service manager to come in and do it (with a wad of dough and he took his wife out for a great dinner last night). Here's the sequence:

11:00am Call from dealer

11:00:30am I wipe up after myself

11:02am I break into uncontrollable tears when I hear it can get PDI'd

11:02:01am I start coming up with an answer to this problem

11:05am Return call from dealer saying the bribe worked...come get it

11:06am Pack some crap in a bag and head to O'Hare

1:50pm Wheels up via American Airlines

3:00pm Land at Nashville

3:10pm Already in rental car, and have left airport (Thanks Hertz #1 Gold!!!)

4:51pm Arrive dealer in Princeton, KY (Try Mapquest and YOU do the math. I beat the BeJesus out of a Hyundai

at an incredible rate of speed that I'll never get to duplicate in the Shelby 'cause it's Arrest-Me Red.

4:53pm Pick lower jaw off floor after seeing it. Hear muted laughter and talking from bystanders

5:21pm Deal done, BEL RX 65 Pro and Magellan 800 in window, "let's hit it".

5:22pm Cross street to AutoZone for a little wax for the front to help remove bugs later.

5:23pm AutoZone employee carrying battery to lady's car stops in his tracks, puts down battery and goes

back into store. 5 seconds later every person in the store has surrounded my car. I buy wax,

head to shady spot, apply coat and boogie.

6:30pm (see photo) Got to see my grandkids in southern IL on the way through!!!!

10:00pm Stop in Effingham Illinois to see new friends at another dealership. About 10 people there to see it.

They chipped bugs off front air dam and windshield so the could take pix.

10:45pm Back on I-57 north

3:15am The Eagle Had Landed. My wife and daughter absolutely freaked when they saw it.

9:30am Washed, re-waxed front. Let's ride!!!!!!

Observations:

MUCH smoother, quieter and "planted" than I could ever imagine. Fit, finish, detail was outstanding. Stripes absolutely suck. Certainly not worth my 1.5 month wait (car was produced 6/27/06) Overlaps, bubbles, just horrendous, but that why I have a warranty. BTW, Mr "I'm not leavin' it here" did manage to nick the front air dam getting it off the truck, but no biggie.

Power is just plain linear. I drove 450 miles last night and varied it 60/70/80/70/60 all night. After 250, I ran it about 1/2 trottle to 4,000 on the on ramps. By the time I got home, I kicked it in tha ass just a touch. THIS is gonna be a hoot! (The wife says, no golf today big boy, we're cruising all day)

Interior upgrade is a no-brainer. MUCH nicer. Only Helen Keller would need a Shaker 1000. I work in radio, have the music of a 14 year old daughter and I'm a drummer and the 500 can hurt my ears and do it cleanly. IF you buy the 1000, you're only doing it for the weight distribution or some sort of bizarre thought that it'll be worth more when you sell it as a collectable (not likely).

I've had these same tires on a C5, and these are soooo much quieter becaue of the lack of the big open hatch on a Vette.

Service Mgr says, you're not going to want to drive this in the rain! I asked whynot. He said "see those two manholes on the hood? I washed the car and the motor was absolutely soaked!" So...that's something we never discussed on here!! I'll put a couple of squares of trash bag over the holes when I wash it to minimized the engine bay detailing necessary, but he's right about rain....not that I care, but he's right. It's my daily driver. I can have rain, snow, locusts, whatever. I can always clean it.

Everything about the car looks SO much more dramatic than it does in pix and print. I'm telling you, everyone that saw it was stunned.

More driving details later....here's one pic of the granddaughter and yours truly.

Gotta drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy feet: :cheerleader::party: :bandance: :woohoo:

bj

Congratulations! Enjoy! I nicked the left front of my air dam as well. I think I will order a new one and keep it in the attic for future use, because despite my best care, it is so low that it is easy to damage.... Enjoy the "Arrest Me Red" in good health!

:party:

vnmous,

where are you located? i live downtown and would love to see the red/white. i have alloy/silver.

td

oak park....but I work in the loop in the Prudential Bldg.

bj

My Evo has the same type of openings. The onlything I noticed that the manifild rusts on it. Most of the rest of the engine cleans up very easy. Heres a few pics so you can see what I mean.

HOOD2.JPG

engine.JPG

Congratulations on the beautiful car. Same color as mine that I hope to be picking up next Saturday. How did the Bel RX 65 Pro do. I just ordered the same thing on ebay with the direct wire smart cord with mute control on ebay. Should have it by Wednesday, but definitely before I pick up the car next weekend. :shift: :happy feet:

Congratulations on the beautiful car. Same color as mine that I hope to be picking up next Saturday. How did the Bel RX 65 Pro do. I just ordered the same thing on ebay with the direct wire smart cord with mute control on ebay. Should have it by Wednesday, but definitely before I pick up the car next weekend. :shift: :happy feet:

If your going to buy one get a Valentine. Its number 1 for a reason and its saved me probably a hundred times.

Good to hear VNMOUS1!!!

You got the best color combo out there!

Now I'll be stopping by at 8:30 for a ride in the Shelby so be ready and have her clean.

Seriously though if you attend any car shows P.M me or something because I'd love to see your car.

If your going to buy one get a Valentine. Its number 1 for a reason and its saved me probably a hundred times.

From all I've read and from people on here who own both, I hear the Bel does better than Valentine. Only place I hear the V1 excels is in laser detection. There both top of the line, but I've heard too much good about the Bel to pay the difference. Thanks for the advice though. I've already bought mine so it's too late for me to consider another.

RX65 > V1

I love my arrows and multiple target tracking on the V1. Does the Bell even do side or rear detection. Plus with my number tracking in normal daily driving areas where you get some regular radar signals you know if you get an extra bogey trying to pick you up. The V1 is upgradeable also just sent it back in and they will reprogram you if they get new code. The Bell you'd have to get the new model.

Congrats bj! Very nice lookin' color combo. Did you get the red inserts in the interior? How does she run?

No...and like a bat outta hell.

I like the contrast of the dark interior better. I drove the car 450+ miles to get it home and put 200 on it yesterday. Had it to 5 grand at WOT a couple of times. You can most certainly tell what the traction control does! I know the normal person will get better times at the track with it, but it's more fun without it. It was reallllllllll hard not to line it up yesterday, but alas I was merely a spectator.

bj

The BEL was awesome. As I've mentioned in the past, as a former V1 owner I was surprised...and impressed with the difference in performance. I'd give up "arrows" and "numbers" anyday for a unit that works this well.

bj

post-2868-1154954464_thumb.jpg

QUOTE(TD30 @ Aug 6 2006, 10:47 AM)

vnmous,

where are you located? i live downtown and would love to see the red/white. i have alloy/silver.

td

bj

Congrats BJ and nice write up.

When are the three of us going to get together for a group photo?

LB

VNMOUS1,

I am also in the Chicago area.

Congrats on your receipt of the car.

Yours may be a classic before I receive mine. Ordered from a small dealer in southern Illinois.

Order date 4/13; now on material hold! !

Question; How did you handle the front lisence plate situation?

Is it mandatory they be mounted here in Illinois?

I will have to cross that bridge at some point.

Good luck with the car and have fun.

When mine comes( and I am still hopfull it will be during good weather) we will have to get together

vnmous,

td

bj

LB

You have a PM.

VNMOUS1,

I am also in the Chicago area.

Congrats on your receipt of the car.

Yours may be a classic before I receive mine. Ordered from a small dealer in southern Illinois.

Order date 4/13; now on material hold! !

Question; How did you handle the front lisence plate situation?

Is it mandatory they be mounted here in Illinois?

I will have to cross that bridge at some point.

Good luck with the car and have fun.

When mine comes( and I am still hopfull it will be during good weather) we will have to get together

I grew up in southern IL and obviously just came through there on the way home. PM me and let me know who it is...I may know them!

Material hold means nothing other than they're not ready to build yours yet. When they are, they get the "materials" for your car and build away! They can't keep a ton of parts (like seats, upgrade dash, etc) just hanging out in a bin waiting for yours to come down the line. As opposed to all the conjecture as to what a "material hold" is, this is the true meaning.

Front plate? Hmmmm. Yes, it's required here. No, I'm not installing it. It's not a moving violation, so I'll pay the fines. I will tell you this....mine was pre-drilled for the mount and you can see the indentations through the stripes! I thought maybe they just this to cars that were going to states where it's required...but mine went to KY and it's not required there.

The only time I've been ticketed for no plate my car was parked at North Ave Beach. I had my city sticker and plates were current but some bozo was bored and wrote me for no plate although I wasn't on a road.

You can play the game where you throw it on the dash, but it doesn't matter cause it doesn't meet the mounting regs.

bj

vnmous,

td

bj

LB

If this get together indeed happens do be suprised if you notice a torch red 05 GT tailing you guys.....till all three of you step on it <_<

WE SHOULD DO THIS SOON, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE ALL HAVE A DIFFERENT COMBO. I WILL HAVE MINE SAFELY IN POSSESSION IN A COUPLE OF HOURS. COUL D NOT GET TO THE DEALERSHIP IN TIME ON FRIDAY AND NOT AVAILABLE OVER WEEKEND. PICS VERY SOON.

TD

Congrats on your new arrival. Great story. I was a little concerned about your striping issue. I have a vista blue coupe with striping on the way in a couple weeks and now I am somewhat concerned myself. How bad was it?

Congrats on your new arrival. Great story. I was a little concerned about your striping issue. I have a vista blue coupe with striping on the way in a couple weeks and now I am somewhat concerned myself. How bad was it?

If you stand 5 feet away it's spectacular. If you have 20/650 vision it's spectacular. If you've got more money than brains it's spectacular.

On a 100% scale I'm about 60% satisfied with it. They'll fix it...I've already spoken to Ford.

bj

Archived