TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Model: 2008 Twister Special Details

jaydub Mach1

Another new Model!!

And comes with Sequential Tailights AND Hood Struts <_<

:lol::lol:

Grabber Orange with Functional Shaker, 20in Foose wheels, etc.

5 power levels

Looks sweet

http://mustangnetwork.blogspot.com/2007/10...rd-mustang.html

Also, this month's Mustang Monthly

Look at the price, what you get, and what it will cost to give you what we have. Yes it comes with the lights and hood stuff but it's missing the suspension and the front and rear fascia. And let's not forget the scoop! :dreamy:

Besides, just what does a tornado (aka twister) have to do with a horse (aka mustang)? Everyone knows how much I love multiple branding!

:soapbox:

Look at the price, what you get, and what it will cost to give you what we have. Yes it comes with the lights and hood stuff but it's missing the suspension and the front and rear fascia. And let's not forget the scoop! :dreamy:

Besides, just what does a tornado (aka twister) have to do with a horse (aka mustang)? Everyone knows how much I love multiple branding!

:soapbox:

Easy Jeff, I think the Twister Special came from a Midwest dealer back in the late 60's. It was just a reference to the tornado belt.

How many here remember the factory Twister from either Plymouth or Dodge. It was based on the Plymouth Valiant or Dodge Duster.

That would be me. I owned one back in the day. It was a based on the Dodge Duster, 340 CID 2V carb, 4 speed (Torqueflight option) and for the life of me I can't explain why, 3.08:1 rear gearing.

Due to the carb and gearing, it wasn't very fast, but we were on the verge of our first oil/gas crisis too, so, I suppose Chrysler/Dodge just wanted to onload some unfavorable hardware. Wasn't many V-8s for a few years after that.

That would be me. I owned one back in the day. It was a based on the Dodge Duster, 340 CID 2V carb, 4 speed (Torqueflight option) and for the life of me I can't explain why, 3.08:1 rear gearing.

Due to the carb and gearing, it wasn't very fast, but we were on the verge of our first oil/gas crisis too, so, I suppose Chrysler/Dodge just wanted to onload some unfavorable hardware. Wasn't many V-8s for a few years after that.

nice package...glad to see twister speshul (twister speshul's from 1970 are rare-of course fakes abound) being built again....i would have a changed a few things...tail-light panel is crap (ever heard of flat black paint)...looks cheesy and i would have eliminated the striping across the doors...all they really needed was the twister decal..that would have sufficed..i also do not understand the foose wheels..no way i would pay for his stuff...too costly...why not just throw a set of retro magnum 500's on it-it would have looked better in my opinion....personally i think the mod shop did a good job..i just do nat want to see the chessy stuff we had 20 years ago make a come back

I OWNED A "TWISTER SPECIAL" IN LATE 1969 FORD BUILT THE TWISTER SPECIAL FOR A PERFORMANCE DAY AT KANSAS CITY SPEEDWAY ALL THE CARS WERE SENT THOUGH THE KANAS CITY DSO USED FOR THE EVENT AND THAN MOVED TO DEALER I THINK THE TOTAL BUILT WAS 96 OR 98 ALL WERE MUSTANG MACH ONE AND TORINO COBRAS AND GRABBER ORANGE ALL WERE TO HAVE 428 BUT I WAS TOLD THEY RAN SHORT AND BUILT SOME WITH 351C I OWED A 1970 MACH WITH THE 351C. GREAT CAR AND GOT ALOT OF ATTENTION AND TICKETS.

SHELBYGUY

Ok, ok...but I swear I will loose it of someone starts throwing Cobra emblems on it! :waiting:

Yeah we're doing a version as well for the Hardcore, its got any factory color paint stripes, as the body gets painted rattle can flat black (never wax a body again) over the factory color on the body. A full FRPP suspension, set to stiff. A paxton or whipple, a kickin functional cold air hood, fat centerline satin finish wheels and tires 18 inch only with taller rear rubber, a roll bar and nitrious. Chrome fire extinguisher included. Boost guage in the power plug port. The c/s side ducts flow air to the back brakes and it has a front air cooled brake system.It also has 3:73 rear gears and a hurst shifter. No badging except "Dark Horse" real real real small across the back trunk, in gloss black paint. It has a numbered dash plaque. A numbered hood tag. Tinted windows and a radical ultra nasty exhaust and hedders. C/S front and rear fascia. A full selection of punk rock and butt rock CDs included. I am looking for deposits now as the car retails for $64,995.50. No warranty, except from FORD, must have car in hand, ship to my shop. It's my intellectual property as to modifications, so no clones. If interested PM me. RM Motorsports, Seattle WA.

I have been to the R&A Motorsports shop several times and I can say that they have to be some of the nicest folks I have ever met. Jeff Yergovich has a reputation as a top notch Shelby restoration expert.

I also have had the pleasure to ride in a glass roof Twister and all I can say is "what a blast".

If I had the money to buy another mustang, I would rather spend it on a Twister Special than a Roush or a Saleen. If performance is your bag, they can build you a Twister that will take you as fast as you want to go.

Alright, enough kissing up...........back to discussing the new Knight Rider movie. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

CB

a local kc company makes these, R and A motorsports. They are a sponsor of one of my mustang clubs here. they are also going to be at our hermann, mo meet in april

link to r and a motorsports

they also do high end restorations.

Are they going to bring any of these-would like to see how that glassback roof looks in person.

One of the first guys on my block to get his license had a 340 Duster. Yellow with black stripes. It was a pretty cool car.

PLUS........I see they will come stock with a starter button. :banghead:

In the Mustang Monthly article, you can just see a picture of it. It replaces the 12V outlet in the center console, by the traction contol, etc. buttons.

I'm guessing that once you insert the key, you press that button to start the eingine.

Sounds pretty cool!!! :beerchug:

PLUS........I see they will come stock with a starter button. :banghead:

In the Mustang Monthly article, you can just see a picture of it. It replaces the 12V outlet in the center console, by the traction contol, etc. buttons.

I'm guessing that once you insert the key, you press that button to start the eingine.

Sounds pretty cool!!! :beerchug:

Now all it needs to complete the package is a fantastic set of brakes (hint hint - AP Racing - 6 piston front, and 4 piston rear) :)

Archived