TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Claybar

switch

I've been reading a ton of reviews ( mothers, meguiars, Pinnacle, Zaino and a few others) on which claybars are the best and was wondering which one have any of you used with success? I have a Black 07 Shelby GT. Thanks for any input.

Hey there,

Have used the Meguiars and Adams Polishes clay bars on black - like them both. Just make sure you use plenty of surface lubricant (like a detail spray) when you are clay-baring the paint surface.

Page

Depending on your expertise on detailing a car, I believe that the Zaino is the best one to go with. If you want to keep it idiotproof go with the meguiars or mothers kit. You will need to do some mixing and percentages with your Zaino and Pinnacle kits. Remember you get what you pay for and there is a reason why you can buy the meguiars and mothers kits at walmart.

I'm all for Meguairs. Once I recieved my SGT, I went and bought all Meguiars (yup the "Wal-Mart" stuff) products: Wash, Clay Bar, Paint Cleaner (1), Polish (2), Wax (3), & Final Detailer spray - and love the results.

Given I've never used Zanio before, but have heard great things about it. From the pictures I've seen online (which gives a finish about 1% of the total justice it deserves I realize this) it really doesn't look any different than what I accomplished with the Meguiars products. To each their own! :headspin:

Archived