TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front license Plate hole repair on Tana's 2007 GT/CS

Grabber

When we went to pick up Tana's new 2007 GT/CS the dealer had put on the front plate. :banghead: It has been bugging me so I thought I would try an easy fix before having a paint guy do a major job on it. I am not wanting to have the entire front bumper re-painted.

I bought a couple small plastic body plugs and painted them HP white and pushed them into the holes. These shots are close ups in the garage. This repair cost me $.98

What do you think? Be honest!

th_Misc266.jpg

th_Misc263.jpg

th_Misc260.jpg

While your being honest, also tell me if it looks better than this?

th_CaliforniaSpecial8-26-07010.jpg

Grabber --

Well done. It looks great. I would not waste your money repainting the front bumper.

Thanks Tim.

I was also thinking that if the police give us a ticket, that I might be able to put the plate on and show them that it is on to get it waived.

Then remove it again. :hysterical:

When we went to pick up Tana's new 2007 GT/CS the dealer had put on the front plate. :banghead: It has been bugging me so I thought I would try an easy fix before having a paint guy do a major job on it. I am not wanting to have the entire front bumper re-painted.

I bought a couple small plastic body plugs and painted them HP white and pushed them into the holes. These shots are close ups in the garage. This repair cost me $.98

What do you think? Be honest!

th_Misc266.jpg

th_Misc263.jpg

th_Misc260.jpg

While your being honest, also tell me if it looks better than this?

th_CaliforniaSpecial8-26-07010.jpg

Grabber, I like it! Functional and clean, Bill

Grabber I feel your pain :happy feet: you need one of these.

bracket with plate on it

licenseplate004.jpg

very easy to put on

licenseplate005.jpg

plenty of room in the front

licenseplate006.jpg

here is my front facia repair all done

08stripes3.jpg

grabber you can not see at all where the holes where at. Grabber do it right. you have a 40,000 plus car do not halfA## it. Go to a good body shop and get some quotes on what it would cost to fill and paint that area. Should not cost more than a leg or a arm :hysterical2: Anyway when I look at the picture you have I can still see the plu. Like I said people will look at that area. last Pic

grabberpaint16.jpg

I have one of those brackets and they R nice. I have my Personal plate bolted on there ready to go incase I need it . check out these diffrent colored brackets. http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/purchase.html

Tana likes the look of the white plugs. The paint match is perfect so it blends well and unless you look close, you would never know that they are there. I ordered Tana a JLT CAI and a tune last week to bump up the throttle response and add 20-30 RWHP depending on which octane tune I put into it. The CAI is being made HP White to match the car. :happy feet:

Grabber says

Tana likes the look of the white plugs. The paint match is perfect so it blends well and unless you look close

OK should of told me that from the get go :hysterical2: to each his or her own. :happy feet: how old was this thread :happy feet: seems maybe the ? was already a done deal :happy feet: :happy feet: Grabber would you do that to your SHELBY :hysterical2: :happy feet: Didn't think so :headspin:

Grabber says

Tana likes the look of the white plugs. The paint match is perfect so it blends well and unless you look close

OK should of told me that from the get go :hysterical2: to each his or her own. :happy feet: how old was this thread :happy feet: seems maybe the ? was already a done deal :happy feet: :happy feet:

Blown,

I am from the old school of thought that the factory paint job is worth keeping on the car unless you can't live with a flaw. These holes in the front bumper are nasty I agree, but the plugs were easy and I think we can live with them.

I would rather spend 500 dollars on JLT tune and CAI then repainting the front bumper. If we ever paint stripes on the car, then the holes will get bondo filled and painted. BTW, this car was 29K not 40K. I am not sure whay you thought it was so much.

Grabber I agree :happy feet: I don't know what I was thinking at the time :finger: And yes you R right about trying to keep the factory paint on there. For what you tried Grabber it Looks ok.

Grabber what do you think about the bracket. I just bolt my Lic plate to the bracket and put it in the trunk just incase I get pulled over I can show him I do have one and then put it on. That is if he pulled me over for the plate infraction. Anyway enough said . God bless you Brother. See you in May.

• 2 weeks later...

This is kinda weird . Friday the WSP was saying on TV that they will be looking out for cars with no front Lic plates saturday & sunday. I had my 12 year old grandson over for the week end and took him out to the batting cages after we came home from church and he changed his cloths. Was on the Highway for about 2 min turned off the highway and went the rest of the way going threw Columbia Park. We seen a couple city policeman and had no problem. It was just a little weird that they said cars with NO plates. Never have heard them say that before. Anyway I got my Licplate bolted to my bracket and sitting in the back seat just in case I need it. Thanks

• 7 months later...
This is kinda weird . Friday the WSP was saying on TV that they will be looking out for cars with no front Lic plates saturday & sunday. I had my 12 year old grandson over for the week end and took him out to the batting cages after we came home from church and he changed his cloths. Was on the Highway for about 2 min turned off the highway and went the rest of the way going threw Columbia Park. We seen a couple city policeman and had no problem. It was just a little weird that they said cars with NO plates. Never have heard them say that before. Anyway I got my Licplate bolted to my bracket and sitting in the back seat just in case I need it. Thanks

We have never been stopped yet. It's not a moving violation anyways.

We have never been stopped yet. It's not a moving violation anyways.

I agree, the front plate brackets look terrible on these cars. I don't have front plates on any of my cars...In 15 years in CA I have only received 1 fix it ticket, so I used two sided tape and put the plate on in the CHP parking lot and got it signed off...not a problem at all...even if you get pulled over once a year, I still think that is better than having a front plate!!

I agree, the front plate brackets look terrible on these cars. I don't have front plates on any of my cars...In 15 years in CA I have only received 1 fix it ticket, so I used two sided tape and put the plate on in the CHP parking lot and got it signed off...not a problem at all...even if you get pulled over once a year, I still think that is better than having a front plate!!

While I agree that is how it used to be things have changed here in California.

Try going into a major airport and you'll see how quickly you get pulled over.

Also meter maids now ticket for no front plate.

And yes two sided tape or my favorite ty wraps to the front grille work great for the 5 minute sign off from your local LEO.

Steve

While I agree that is how it used to be things have changed here in California.

Try going into a major airport and you'll see how quickly you get pulled over.

Also meter maids now ticket for no front plate.

And yes two sided tape or my favorite ty wraps to the front grille work great for the 5 minute sign off from your local LEO.

Steve

Ty wraps are a great idea..I never thought of that!! I just cut some factory Ford license plate bolt heads off and glued them to my front plate, then two sided taped the plate to the front of the car in the CHP parking lot..they wrote it off and I removed right way...

My 07 GT500 had 74K on it when I sold it, and I was never ticketed for my tinted windows or no front plate the whole time I owned it. Not one of my 22 cars have a front plate.

• 3 weeks later...

Grabber

the plugs look clean.

i actually did the same thing to the lightning, and since 2 plates are the law in texas i will just wait til i get pulled over then i will pull the plugs and install the plate in the frame.

Laurence

Archived