TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Instrument panel....

I am wondering if I have a morphodite instrument panel. It appears to be cross between a standard 6 cylinder Mustang and a V8/GT panel.

It has the 8K tach and 145 mph (140 plus one little mark beyond 140) speedo but no oil pressure and voltage gauges. The 6 Cylinder comes with the 120mph speedo, 7K tach, gas and temp gauges. The GT one has the 140 speed, 8K tach, gas, temp, oil and voltage gauges.

Seems odd to have an instrument panel that is a combination of both.

Anyone else have one like this???

I am wondering if I have a morphodite instrument panel. It appears to be cross between a standard 6 cylinder Mustang and a V8/GT panel.

It has the 8K tach and 145 mph (140 plus one little mark beyond 140) speedo but no oil pressure and voltage gauges. The 6 Cylinder comes with the 120mph speedo, 7K tach, gas and temp gauges. The GT one has the 140 speed, 8K tach, gas, temp, oil and voltage gauges.

Seems odd to have an instrument panel that is a combination of both.

Anyone else have one like this???

It sounds more like you don't have the interior upgrade package (IUP). The two additional gauges are part of the IUP. Plus "My Color" instrument lighting, leather wrapped steering wheel, and dash board applique in polished alluminum or woven charcoal pattern.

i have same dash...no oil pressure or volt guage and speedo goes to 140 with 8k tach :censored:

i wish i knew this before i bought the car i would have made them install the IUP for free with the deal on the car purchase.

Some things can be dealer added, others not. Somhow, I get the feeling the IUP is one of those nots. Very often, wiring harneses are specifically designed to accommodate certain trim packages, and when the accessory is not a production line install, a different harness, dash panel, ect. is used. It could be quite expensive to add an IUP after the fact.

However, if you are really concerned about what's going under the hood, this would be a lot cheaper, and it's portable from car to car. I've used one for years and I have found it more accurrate than factory gauges.

http://www.scangauge.com/

I am wondering about the "autographability" of our airbag cover panels. I am really paranoid about getting it signed and having it not adhere and flake off.

Before you reinstall it, have a body shop shoot it with some clearcoat.

Some things can be dealer added, others not. Somhow, I get the feeling the IUP is one of those nots. Very often, wiring harneses are specifically designed to accommodate certain trim packages, and when the accessory is not a production line install, a different harness, dash panel, ect. is used. It could be quite expensive to add an IUP after the fact.

However, if you are really concerned about what's going under the hood, this would be a lot cheaper, and it's portable from car to car. I've used one for years and I have found it more accurrate than factory gauges.

http://www.scangauge.com/

I was told by my dealer that Ford is working on a kit that will permit them the dealer to install the IUP cluster. I was told to check back with them about April.

There was an owner on the forums that was having the IUP instrument cluster retrofitted by a dealer. Try searching for it you may come across the answers you seek.

+1

A search of the different Mustang forums will yield plenty of discussions on this and yes, there have been people who have installed this after the fact and posted the how and such. Most people do it for the message center and My Color the extra gauges kinda going along for the ride.

Good luck!

Thanks gang, I wondered if I had some sort of oddball screwup. As I didn't order my car, I am not aware of what options were available. It seems odd that a seriously performance oriented vehicle like this does not come with an oil pressure gauge from the factory.

I recall in a time far far away, when you got a 69-70 Mustang with the in-dash tach, the oil pressure and alternator gauges were replaced with idiot lights. You'd think 37 years later, they'd figure it out..

Thanks gang, I wondered if I had some sort of oddball screwup. As I didn't order my car, I am not aware of what options were available. It seems odd that a seriously performance oriented vehicle like this does not come with an oil pressure gauge from the factory.

I recall in a time far far away, when you got a 69-70 Mustang with the in-dash tach, the oil pressure and alternator gauges were replaced with idiot lights. You'd think 37 years later, they'd figure it out..

....or dealers would know better! :banghead:

The factory Oil pessue gauge isn't much better then an idiot light. Basically it only tells if you have oil pressue or not. It doesn't flucuate under driving conditions like my aftermarket gauge does.

My recollection of the previous thread is that there were problems with the TPMS reading false error reports with the retrofit...

+1. I had that experience. If it weren't for the TPMS, it would have been easy for the dealer to do this. I probably could try having it done again because the dealer now thinks he knows how to do it. But I think I'll wait for the Ford kit (if it really happens?).

Archived