TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT H

BUICK468

There are FAR fewer GT-H cars than the SGT's. So lower numbers are always part of the formula when you consider collectible cars. Popularity also is a HUGE factor. Both are elements of the governing laws of Supply Vs. Demand. To have a real valueable piece you need a low supply with high demand. For GT-H owners I think they have an excellent chance at a future value... perhaps more so due to the shorter supply. For me I choose the SGT for a couple reasons. The first and foremost was that I wanted a 5 speed! That is simply not an option with H cars. So I didn't buy one. But as many others havepointed out already, All the new Shelby cars will have to wait it out a while before we see huge leaps in value. So be in it for the short term as much as you would be for the long term. But no matter how you slice it... its a SHELBY today and it will be forever as long as you own the car and don't total it! That in of itself is something most people only dream about and few have the bucks or commitment to own. Each and every Shelby is special. -As it should be!

BTW- watch any Barrett-Jackson auction and you will ALWAYS see SHELBY products at the top of the pile! -Thats something to think about.

Anybody know what kind of prices they have been commanding? Are they considered to be more expensive or collectible than a SGT?

IF you can find a decent miled coupe they are going to bring mid 30s.

when the the CONVT hit the market they will bring mid to high 50s to start. im sure they will drop to low 40s before its over.

michael morris

almost all of the 2006 GT-H coupes are in the hands of private owners already.so this means that we the owners will decide the values over the next 5 years.I know of a very low mileage 2006 GT-H thats selling for $49.999 this car has only 900 miles on it.most of the higher mileage rentals this year sold for 34.999 and upwards of $45.999.NADA still values these cars on thier website at 75K. 10 years will be the key amount of time to hold onto these cars if the first registered owners can keep from reselling most of these cars in that amount of time the better they will be valued.as far as what car you should get most SGT owners choose to own a NEW car that no one else beatup already.this is real important to some people and carries its own form of value.if you are real anal about your cars the SGT is a better way to ease your mind.

the first 50 cars auctioned went real high-80K 120K so that helped the high mileage vehicles this year.

Archived