TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My GT500 got married on Valentine's Day!

cloud9

OK. So I tell my wife I'm getting her a card for Valentine's Day and she hears "car". :banghead: Sooo, I ended up ordering her a Warriors in Pink vert! We're calling it the PoonStang. :hysterical: This is probably the wrong forum but I would appreciate some input from you guys. I see that Galpin "modded" one and I think I like the over the top stripes like the GT500. I attached two photos. The standard Warriors in Pink version and the Galpin one. Please give me your opinions on the stripes.

post-6227-1203095815_thumb.jpg

post-6227-1203095840_thumb.jpg

OK. So I tell my wife I'm getting her a card for Valentine's Day and she hears "car". :banghead: Sooo, I ended up ordering her a Warriors in Pink vert! We're calling it the PoonStang. :hysterical: This is probably the wrong forum but I would appreciate some input from you guys. I see that Galpin "modded" one and I think I like the over the top stripes like the GT500. I attached two photos. The standard Warriors in Pink version and the Galpin one. Please give me your opinions on the stripes.

Ya think you might want to ask her what she likes? (Just a suggestion...)

I think it looks grea!!!!! Providing the wife is driving it.

Roger

Oh yea! I told her I'd ride, but never drive! :nonono: Actually my youngest son said he wouldn't be caught in it either, but the older one (brown noser) said he'd be happy to ride with her. So it looks like family outings will require both cars! Guess who will get there first :superhero:

Get the real (Ford) Warriers version.

1) Ford donates $250 to the Susan G. Komen search for the cure. http://www.fordvehicles.com/warriorsinpink/

2) Galpin's version is fugly - too much pink. Over done for sure. Remember - you'll need to sell this when wifey's done with it.

1) We did order the real one.

2) We're only entertaining the over the top stripes as a dealer installed (painted) option....no more, other than what's included with the Warriors in Pink option. Right now leaning toward doing them cuz I think they look cool. Of course I really like them on my GT500 so I'm biased that way I guess.

1) We did order the real one.

2) We're only entertaining the over the top stripes as a dealer installed (painted) option....no more, other than what's included with the Warriors in Pink option. Right now leaning toward doing them cuz I think they look cool. Of course I really like them on my GT500 so I'm biased that way I guess.

Why not do vinyl stripes? That way, if your wife tires of them, you can easily pull them off.

Hey Leonard, you are just up the road from me. Maybe we could get out some Saturday night and terrorize Peoria street....

Peoria, man thats to far for me to drive. :hysterical: I was hoping to me a bunch of Tulsan's at the shelby meet but I planned my Destin vacation that weekend. :banghead: Got to get rid of this damn rain and possible snow crap first.

Why not do vinyl stripes? That way, if your wife tires of them, you can easily pull them off.

Good suggestion. I'll have to explore that option. Only issue I can think of is the vinyl ones on my GT500 are already chipping on the hood, so I'm not sure how durable they are going to be over time.

Congrats Gary!!!!!!!

"T" will be soooo excited!

Think about 2 things:

1)If you think you will sell it, no stripes over the top(just the rocker stripes). Because some future buyers may OR may not appreciate them.

2)If you guys are going to keep the car and use it - "I think" she would think it's sooooo cool to be cruising that car with those hot pink stripes - don't you think a girl would just love that? I do. I think "T" would have a total riot cruising in that thing - it's "girly", and that's cool.

Congrats again!

P.S. I guess that just means we can't take "that" one when we go cruise this summer :hysterical:

Congrats Gary!!!!!!!

"T" will be soooo excited!

Think about 2 things:

1)If you think you will sell it, no stripes over the top(just the rocker stripes). Because some future buyers may OR may not appreciate them.

2)If you guys are going to keep the car and use it - "I think" she would think it's sooooo cool to be cruising that car with those hot pink stripes - don't you think a girl would just love that? I do. I think "T" would have a total riot cruising in that thing - it's "girly", and that's cool.

Congrats again!

P.S. I guess that just means we can't take "that" one when we go cruise this summer :hysterical:

Thanks Josh! She seems really excited about it and that is cool. I think msmap is right about the width of the stripes though. They should be narrower...the same width as the GT500. It's definitely a girl car...no doubt............but then again she is a girl!post-6227-1203121470_thumb.jpg

post-6227-1203121470_thumb.jpg

Peoria, man thats to far for me to drive. :hysterical: I was hoping to me a bunch of Tulsan's at the shelby meet but I planned my Destin vacation that weekend. :banghead: Got to get rid of this damn rain and possible snow crap first.

Man, this is getting spooky. I own a condo in Destin. You think we might be long lost twins or something?

Ya think you might want to ask her what she likes? (Just a suggestion...)

No :redcard: don't ask her opinion, if you do this will go in a completely different direction

I like it

My wife's hints are subtile, she took a picture of one she liked and left it on the refrigerator door.

Here's the white Warrior in Pink Convertible.

post-9993-1203211340_thumb.jpg

Nice! Gotta love a woman who tells you what she wants. None of that garbage about how "You're supposed to know what I want"! The white looks great! Mine saw it in a magazine ad and said she wanted one. Pretty simple.

lol, its in Miramar Beach, think it was build it 03. Just a rental, got to save money for mods on the 500 ya know. :)

I guess I was confused with the Mediterranean comment. Miramar beach is in the Florida panhandle just a couple of miles from my condo. My condo is on the beach across the street from the Big Kahuna waterpark in Destin. Great place!

I guess I was confused with the Mediterranean comment. Miramar beach is in the Florida panhandle just a couple of miles from my condo. My condo is on the beach across the street from the Big Kahuna waterpark in Destin. Great place!

awesome, we love it down there, we usually always stay in the Miramar area, maybe we will venture down some one year. :)

Archived