TEAM SHELBY FORUM

725 HP SuperSnaked 40th Anniversary DONE!!!!

Oh yea, Happy Valentine's day!! My car is finally done after 5 months and two weeks at SAI.

One year ago today, she was rolling off the assembly line. Exactly one year to the day, she was completed with the 40th Anniversary package with full 725 HP SuperSnake performance upgrades. I love Valentine's Day.

I'll either fly out Sunday night and drive her back, or leave tomorrow and drive back and haul it back to Texas. Got to get the weather forcast for next week.

I am finally at the point where I can really get excited.

I'll post pictures when I get them.

th_ShelbyPick-up5.jpg

th_ShelbyPick-up4.jpg

th_ShelbyPick-up3.jpg

th_ShelbyPick-up2.jpg

th_Engine2.jpg

th_Engine3.jpg

th_Engine1.jpg

th_DSC_0223.jpg

Oh yea, Happy Valentine's day!! My car is finally done after 5 months and two weeks at SAI.

One year ago today, she was rolling off the assembly line. Exactly one year to the day, she was completed with the 40th Anniversary package with full 725 HP SuperSnake performance upgrades. I love Valentine's Day.

I'll either fly out Sunday night and drive her back, or leave tomorrow and drive back and haul it back to Texas. Got to get the weather forcast for next week.

CONGRATS. Im so excited about getting mine I might just RUN out to Vegas when they call. Do a Forrest Gump :hysterical:

Cant wait to see pics

michael morris

don

u know how i feel .... fantastic ... congratulations ...... and cant wait for u to get the car !!

[/quote

Don congrats

looks like great things happen on pairs my 605HP 40th comes home to Florida next week also

still a couple shelby issues but that will need to be resolved once the car is home.

But 725 HP that's a first and a great package!

I guess us vert guys will just need to eat your dust!!!!!

Congrats! How about a quick stop on the way through San Antonio!!! It sure would be nice to see one in person!!!

That is a super experience just waiting for you! Please tell us all about it!! And I definitely want to see you on the track at the roundup right down the road from you next month!! :happy feet:

Congrats. My car should have arrived at SAI yesterday. Can't wait. Though it missed its b-day of 2/8/07. Maybe I could get it back by my delivery date of 3/5/07?

Question - Were the tire pressure sensors moved to the new rims? I'm hearing probably not. Have you received your stock parts back yet? I imagine the stock tires are still mounted on the stock rims. Any plans to move the sensors?

Oh - get some pics up.

congrats, post pics when you get a chance......

We at the 2008 SHELBY ROUND UP will be graced by Don's Super Snake ... hes bringing it to the show .... OMG how incredible is that !!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

post-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpgpost-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpgpost-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpgpost-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpg

We at the 2008 SHELBY ROUND UP will be graced by Don's Super Snake ... hes bringing it to the show .... OMG how incredible is that !!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Here it goes guys my 605 hp 40th leave it's hallowed spot in the museum for florida in the morning.

they will miss having my car in the museum. I will miss flying to vegas to visit it!..... not....

meckonica@bellsouth.net

post-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpg

post-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpgpost-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpgpost-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpgpost-9468-1203393717_thumb.jpg

Here it goes guys my 605 hp 40th leave it's hallowed spot in the museum for florida in the morning.

they will miss having my car in the museum. I will miss flying to vegas to visit it!..... not....

meckonica@bellsouth.net

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA .... NOT being the operative word .... Cant wait to see your car !!

IMG_0029.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0029.jpg

meckonica@bellsouth.net

I saw your car in Vegas. It looked awesome. Have fun.

Andy

COBRAFAN SAYS HIS 40TH 700+ CAR WAS/IS DONE. WHAT DID HE GET FOR EXHAUST, BLOWER AND STRUT BRACE. IS IT DIFFERENT FROM SS? I THOUGHT SS WAS STILL HUNGUP.? AS USUAL--CONFUSED

BOB

Bob,

40th with 725 HP is parked in the garage in Beaumont, Texas waiting for the sun to come out. Leaving tomorrow night for the Florida gathering with 85 other Shelbys. It should be fun.

The exhaust is Borla 14022. This is the GT500 50 state legal, oval Borla. This is what is going to be on the SuperSnake per Bud and Adriane. There is/was some confusion with what is listed for the KB/Shelby 725 HP supercharger upgrade. It says it includes a Borla upgrade muffler, but everyone says they are the same as that which is going on the 40th. Borla makes a more aggressive GT500 muffler 140210 (it looks like the old stinger), which I thought was going to be the upgrade, but everyone says the 40th is it. The 40th Borla is a step up from the stock muffler, but way less aggressive than the FRPP 5GT that they took off. I may end up putting the FRPP back on after Florida.

The KB/Shelby supercharger is the SuperSnake supercharger, same tune, same stuff. My car was the first production 40th or SS to hit the street with the 725 HP. They used it to test stuff including the single piece aluminium drive shaft. My understanding is that they are not going to start the 725 SS or 40th SS performance upgrades for awhile. I don't know why, it would just be speculation on my part to say anything.

There is no strut tower brace for 725 HP. It doesn't fit unless you lower the motor. I think there are threads on that. I am going to check with Justin at VPM tuning in Florida to see what he recommends. Bud at SAI advised to not lower the motor. They are working on a new brace, no timeframe for completion.

Don

Don ..... just drive safe !! .... Talked to brad tonight and the weather is a little wet now but clearing on Saturday and sunday is suppose to be sweet !

Really looking forward to meeting you ! ( fine ... your car too ! :hysterical: )

DAMN DON THAT IS A SWEET LOOKING CAR. GOT TO BE A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE.

I SURE WAS COUNTING ON AT LEAST A LITTLE MORE AGRESSIVE SOUND THAN WHAT I HAVE NOW ON MY 08. I ASKED IF THEY WOULD PUT THE JBA MANIFOLD BACKS ON AS A CUSTOMER REQUEST SO AS TO SHIFT THE EMISSIONS REQUIREMENT TO ME. LIKE TAKING IT TO ANY MOD SHOP AND HAVING SOMETHING PUT ON. THEY SAID 'NO'.

THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN A FUSE BOX COVER LIKE THAT!?

LIKE THE PULLEY!

DID YOU GET A BUILD SHEET?

BOBH

DAMN DON THAT IS A SWEET LOOKING CAR. GOT TO BE A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE.

I SURE WAS COUNTING ON AT LEAST A LITTLE MORE AGRESSIVE SOUND THAN WHAT I HAVE NOW ON MY 08. I ASKED IF THEY WOULD PUT THE JBA MANIFOLD BACKS ON AS A CUSTOMER REQUEST SO AS TO SHIFT THE EMISSIONS REQUIREMENT TO ME. LIKE TAKING IT TO ANY MOD SHOP AND HAVING SOMETHING PUT ON. THEY SAID 'NO'.

THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN A FUSE BOX COVER LIKE THAT!?

LIKE THE PULLEY!

DID YOU GET A BUILD SHEET?

BOBH

Bob,

Yes, you do get a build sheet. You will also get a 40th certificate listing the 40th mods, it also gives you a completion date. That is very nice, but it does not include the power upgrades. I'm going to talk to Bud and or Amy to see if it can be modified for those that get the power upgrades to document the mods in a classier fashion than the computer build sheet. If you get upgrades with a 40th, make sure you tell them in advance and you can get everything printed on one invoice with the same date.

Mufflers are OK, but they do not sound like 725 HP. We are going to find out the real HP as I'm signed up with Justin for a dyno on Sunday at the Florida Roundup.

Bob,

Yes, you do get a build sheet. You will also get a 40th certificate listing the 40th mods, it also gives you a completion date. That is very nice, but it does not include the power upgrades. I'm going to talk to Bud and or Amy to see if it can be modified for those that get the power upgrades to document the mods in a classier fashion than the computer build sheet. If you get upgrades with a 40th, make sure you tell them in advance and you can get everything printed on one invoice with the same date.

Mufflers are OK, but they do not sound like 725 HP. We are going to find out the real HP as I'm signed up with Justin for a dyno on Sunday at the Florida Roundup.

Don,

I am on SS list (725HP) and interested in your exhaust sound.

I have a fairly stock GT500 now but have replaced the exhaust with the Borla 140210 and it sounds mean. Only complaint is it seems to resonate around 2000 rpm.

Per you previous message you stated the SS will get Borla 140222.

How would you compare the stock sound to your new 140222 exhaust sound?

Have you heard the Borla 140210 and if so how do you compare it to your new 140222 exhaust?

Thanks Al

Archived