TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Mods

HARALD KELLEY

Anyone doing any mods to their GT-H?

#06H0050 mods:

Lower Billet Grill, made a huge improvement

Engine Cap Set (GT-H set)

Cross Drilled and Sloted Rotors (OEM IRotors) no caliper change. May put stainless brake lines

CS Signed Airbag Cover

40th Anniversary Shelby Floor Mats w/gold stripes & signature

Thinking about chrome 18" Razors

Maybe GT-H wheel caps if rims are not changed

Nothing else planned

None ruin the originality of the vehicle and can be corrected.

My 20" black razors show up from SPP today. If I get a chance to get tires this weekend, I'll get pics posted up. I couldn't find any pictures of an 06 with the black 20" razors. I'm not planning any other mods at this time other than just clean up/repair items, such as a new hood pin set, undertray behind the front bumper which is cracked, some things like that.

My 20" black razors show up from SPP today. If I get a chance to get tires this weekend, I'll get pics posted up. I couldn't find any pictures of an 06 with the black 20" razors. I'm not planning any other mods at this time other than just clean up/repair items, such as a new hood pin set, undertray behind the front bumper which is cracked, some things like that.

#50 also required a new deflector: Ford has it. Part # 5R3Z-17626-BA, $39.33. The filler that goes into the lower facia part # 7R3Z-17C947-AA, $48.46.

Maybe this will help you or someone else.

I have done all the GT-H specific upgrade parts from shelby and also going to have my dealer install the whipple S\C.keep all your take off parts and store them away and take pitcures before and after the upgrade.these cars were meant to be customized.then 40 years down the road you can put the origanal equipment back on if thats what will sell the car.

Definitely keep us informed about your supercharger! That ought to be one helluva ride when you get it installed (and probably pretty rare, as I can recall only two or three GT-H owners talking about that mod).

Any reason you are going with the whipple versus the other manufacturers?

if you do the ford racing S\C through a authorized ford dealer you keep your 75K powertrain warranty intact.this is a major concern with auto trans vehicles.the whipple will put aprox 400HP to the rear wheels with the GT-H and theres no need for an intercooler.so you wont need to tear apart and mod the front end with a bunch of plumbing.my dealers charging me $6400 out the door this is without gauges I believe shelb y charges slightly more and 6 month wait .you realy only need gauges with the HO kit and I am not about to modify any more that needs to be.the whipple is a complete drop in unit and you can remove it without anyone knowing it was ever there.the paxton would be worthless on a auto IMOP.I want a car that wont over work the stock braking system and unbalance the car to much.the whipple is built to order to your vin# so thats another advantage.it should be arriving next week so the car will go under the knife ASAP.unless you go with the saleen S\C you cannot have an intercooled system on your car without voiding the warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
if you do the ford racing S\C through a authorized ford dealer you keep your 75K powertrain warranty intact.this is a major concern with auto trans vehicles.the whipple will put aprox 400HP to the rear wheels with the GT-H and theres no need for an intercooler.so you wont need to tear apart and mod the front end with a bunch of plumbing.my dealers charging me $6400 out the door this is without gauges I believe shelb y charges slightly more and 6 month wait .you realy only need gauges with the HO kit and I am not about to modify any more that needs to be.the whipple is a complete drop in unit and you can remove it without anyone knowing it was ever there.the paxton would be worthless on a auto IMOP.I want a car that wont over work the stock braking system and unbalance the car to much.the whipple is built to order to your vin# so thats another advantage.it should be arriving next week so the car will go under the knife ASAP.unless you go with the saleen S\C you cannot have an intercooled system on your car without voiding the warranty.

Please share pictures when done. Will the strut brace remain? Not sure what you ment, auto IMOP?

Thanks

#398 is on the table under knife as we speak.should have it done by saturday as long as FRP gets the tuner shipped by tomorrow.man the whipple takes up a box the size of a tranny. I wasnt expectinf that big of a crate.I have a feeling the tires will be getting replaced by summer :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived