TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer lies

Guest evilchris

Guest evilchris

Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:B:BOC:MOT:1

For collectors-this is Number 48 Produced.

Disgusting. 1ZVHT88S675200048 does NOT mean #48 produced.

I am sure he can use some crap like " oh but I didn't know!! ". Sorry, doesn't cut it. Don't say your car is collector material by making up it's production number. Claimed ignorance does NOT excuse this. I can't lie about the square footage of my house, sell it, then when the buyer finds out it's 100 sq foot less say " WOAH SORRY BRO, MY BAD, LATER! "

I guess this one is -847 produced?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-MUSTAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

lol

Guest evilchris

I thunk the assigned VIN for the Shelbys did not start with ...00001 and run sequentially. I do find it odd the VIN is ...00048 unless it's a lie. My VIN is in the ...25000 range.

JB

I believe they posted a real VIN, but decided to make the stupidly uneducated assumption that the last 2 digits of said VIN meant the build number.

Your VIN is irrelevant to your build number. You can have a car with a "higher" VIN that was actually built a week before a car with a "lower" VIN.

My order was assigned a VIN 3 weeks ago. If say my rim choice was on backorder and it went to material hold, my VIN would not change even if the order went unbuilt for 2 months.

I might have my wires crossed, but way back, OK a couple of months ago, I seem to remember someone announcing the last five digits of the Shelby VIN would come from a range of numbers; all high numbers. There was some disappointment they didn't reflect the build numbers. Given what I remember I read, I still find it odd that VIN is ...00048. Hey, ¿Whose to say what I read was the truth in the first place?

JB

Guest evilchris

From what I can see Shelby's aren't getting special VIN's, just regular good ol' Ford VIN's. The VIN identifies the car sure, T88 etc, but there is no special thing going on with the last 6.

Think about what a pain in the ass it would be. They issue VINs way before the car hits the line. It would be a nightmare to make sure they went on the line in some sort of order.

Maybe this will help clear up my misconception...

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 2 2006, 05:50 PM) 10237[/snapback]

Yes, all orders start with a partial VIN. Every single Shelby VIN has some common digits. For example, all GT500 coupes will be 1ZVHT88S_7______ and all GT500 verts will be 1ZVHT89S_7______ with the first blank being a check digit (0-9 or the letter X) and the last 6 digits being the sequential identifier.

The last 6 digits being the sequential identifier referenced in the thread were all high numbers. I guess ...00048 is possible, but the reality is, it's ...200048.

JB

From what I can see Shelby's aren't getting special VIN's, just regular good ol' Ford VIN's. The VIN identifies the car sure, T88 etc, but there is no special thing going on with the last 6.

Think about what a pain in the ass it would be. They issue VINs way before the car hits the line. It would be a nightmare to make sure they went on the line in some sort of order.

Hey kids....you can have it decoded on the Ford Fleet site. Por ejemplo:

VIN Results New Search

VIN: 1ZVHT88S575209677

World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions

VIN Code: 1ZV

Assembly Country: USA

Make: Ford

Body Style: Coupe

Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position

VIN Code: H

Restraint: BELT, ACTIVE, AIRBAG

Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions

VIN Code: T88

Vehicle Line: Mustang

Series: Shelby GT500

Vehicle Type: Car/Minivan

Engine Type - 8th Position

VIN Code: S

Engine: 5.4 L

Cylinders: 8

Fuel: Gasoline

Model Year - 10th Position

VIN Code: 7

Model Year: 2007

Assembly Plant - 11th Position

VIN Code: 5

Assembly Plant: AAI: FLAT ROCK, MI

Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th

VIN Code: 209677

Prod Sequence Number 209677

That's mine. As you can see, the last 6 are a theoretical "sequence" number. That's THEIR sequence and it doesn't mean the cars place in line on the line. Otherwise, mine wouldn't be built yet and it was on 6/27/06.

And you KNOW mine wasn't the 9677th car off....nor was it the 677th car off. The line was slow for the first week and it didn't start til 6/6. They would have to built 33.85 Shelbys per day, every day, beginning day one.

Wait! Maybe they DID do that! That volume, coupled with the fact that they were striping about 8 a day would explain the waiting! :hysterical:

:shift:

bj

If that car is #48 (00048) that would make my car# 22482 because the last 5 of my VIN is 22482.

We all know they are not even going to build 22482 cars. Even if you use the last 4 digits it would make mine #2482 which we all know they have not built that meany yet. That would be 25%+/- of total cars expected.

It is a crying shame that there will be some fool that will pay that crook the money he wants and tell everyone he got the #48 Shelby.

VIN Results New Search

VIN: 1ZVHT88S575209677

World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions

VIN Code: 1ZV

Assembly Country: USA

Make: Ford

Body Style: Coupe

Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position

VIN Code: H

Restraint: BELT, ACTIVE, AIRBAG

Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions

VIN Code: T88

Vehicle Line: Mustang

Series: Shelby GT500

Vehicle Type: Car/Minivan

Engine Type - 8th Position

VIN Code: S

Engine: 5.4 L

Cylinders: 8

Fuel: Gasoline

Model Year - 10th Position

VIN Code: 7

Model Year: 2007

Assembly Plant - 11th Position

VIN Code: 5

Assembly Plant: AAI: FLAT ROCK, MI

Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th

That's mine. As you can see, the last 6 are a theoretical "sequence" number. That's THEIR sequence and it doesn't mean the cars place in line on the line. Otherwise, mine wouldn't be built yet and it was on 6/27/06.

And you KNOW mine wasn't the 9677th car off....nor was it the 677th car off. The line was slow for the first week and it didn't start til 6/6. They would have to built 33.85 Shelbys per day, every day, beginning day one.

Wait! Maybe they DID do that! That volume, coupled with the fact that they were striping about 8 a day would explain the waiting! :hysterical:

:shift:

bj

Whoa. . . this is interesting, just wish I had my vin3 so I could apply it. Come on Ford--get a move on! :rant:

Guest evilchris

This is funny 'cause someone on this site swore to the end that he has car #16 because of his number sequence...who cares???...he does???

The reason I care is because it is a MISREPRESENTATION being used to PROFIT. An uniformed buyer may buy it thinking of "collector status". Sure, buyer beware, but it still doesn't excuse the dealers LIES.

bj

Excellent "proof" VNMOUS of all this goofy hoopla about VIN sequencing being inaccurately put forth by some of these ebay dealers. They are either ignorant or deceptive...neither of which is admirable.

Dave

To everyone that would like to know what the problem is with the serial numbers!

As far as we know it the first 50 produced are 200001 to 200050. But all other Shelby GT500's are placed in regular mustang production line. That means your VIN isnumber with the rest of the GT's and V6's.

We receied a call from Ford Telling us we were getting one thes cars. We received the next day! We didn't even know untill the day before. It was a special thing for us to get this car! The first 50 were only for special events and fund raisers and Ford family! To get one of these cars is a real treat!

PLEASE SEE EBAY LISTING!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270014258880

To everyone that would like to know what the problem is with the serial numbers!

As far as we know it the first 50 produced are 200001 to 200050. But all other Shelby GT500's are placed in regular mustang production line. That means your VIN isnumber with the rest of the GT's and V6's.

We receied a call from Ford Telling us we were getting one thes cars. We received the next day! We didn't even know untill the day before. It was a special thing for us to get this car! The first 50 were only for special events and fund raisers and Ford family! To get one of these cars is a real treat!

PLEASE SEE EBAY LISTING!

NO THANKS

¿Which "...special events and fund raisers and Ford family" do you profess to be?

JB

sigh... how embarrassing... I bought a truck from that dealership once.

They're part of the Sam Pack group. Sam Pack has a pretty crazy "Leno-esque" car collection.

Obviously, the salespersons aren't well educated over in North Richland Hills - just north of Ft. Worth. Prices are dropping in DFW based on what I see (for the GT500 I mean). It's a big time car culture here and many have to have the latest, greatest thing every year.

Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:B:BOC:MOT:1

Disgusting. 1ZVHT88S675200048 does NOT mean #48 produced.

I am sure he can use some crap like " oh but I didn't know!! ". Sorry, doesn't cut it. Don't say your car is collector material by making up it's production number. Claimed ignorance does NOT excuse this. I can't lie about the square footage of my house, sell it, then when the buyer finds out it's 100 sq foot less say " WOAH SORRY BRO, MY BAD, LATER! "

I guess this one is -847 produced?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-MUSTAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

lol

The reason I care is because it is a MISREPRESENTATION being used to PROFIT. An uniformed buyer may buy it thinking of "collector status". Sure, buyer beware, but it still doesn't excuse the dealers LIES.

evil, maybe you should know what you are talking about before your fingers do the walking

The first 50 cars will have VIN starting with 2000xx

note Mr Shelby's VIN do you know mr shelby?

Note mr Pratt's VIN He is guy who paid the 648k for first car to public

you have to be the most misinformed guy here who does nothing but bad mouth the Shelbys in general.

If you do not like them post on another forum

PLEASE SEE EBAY LISTING!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270014258880

knock em dead waf55,

Congrats on the low number SHELBY!

They usually say its the evil type people who are jealous. Good luck on the sale.

Archived