TEAM SHELBY FORUM

735HP AS DAILY DRIVER

EUSMCBOB

I AM WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK THE CONCERNS WOULD BE FOR SOMEONE THAT USED THE 735 AS A SEMI DAILY DRIVER---NOT IN WINTER.

AM I RIGHT THAT IF YOU KEEP THE RPM'S LOW THAT THE SUPERCHARGER WILL NOT KICK IN AND YOU'LL GET REASONABLE GAS MILEAGE?

CONSIDERING THE REAREND CHANGES THAT ARE MADE COULD I DO NORMAL STREET DRIVING AND KEEP MOST OF THE 735 HORSES IN THE BARN?

AGAIN WITH NORMAL DRIVING WHAT OR WHERE IS GOING TO GET THE MOST WEAR?

IS IT NUTS OR IMPRACTICAL TO EVEN CONSIDERING DRIVING A CAR LIKE THIS 3 OR 4 TIMES A WEEK WHEN WEATHER IS GOOD?

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF I KNOW MYSELF WHAT I'M TRYING TO ASK.

BOB

I AM WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK THE CONCERNS WOULD BE FOR SOMEONE THAT USED THE 735 AS A SEMI DAILY DRIVER---NOT IN WINTER.

AM I RIGHT THAT IF YOU KEEP THE RPM'S LOW THAT THE SUPERCHARGER WILL NOT KICK IN AND YOU'LL GET REASONABLE GAS MILEAGE?

CONSIDERING THE REAREND CHANGES THAT ARE MADE COULD I DO NORMAL STREET DRIVING AND KEEP MOST OF THE 735 HORSES IN THE BARN?

IS IT NUTS OR IMPRACTICAL TO EVEN CONSIDERING DRIVING A CAR LIKE THIS 3 OR 4 TIMES A WEEK WHEN WEATHER IS GOOD?

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF I KNOW MYSELF WHAT I'M TRYING TO ASK.

BOB

It better be okay, I plan on driving mine as often as I can. Upgraded suspension, brakes, driveshaft: all good for more driving. If you don't thrash it all the time, I'm sure the bottom end will hold up just fine even with the extra power. My understanding from reading other threads is that the throttle response, along with the 3.73 gearing, will make this very responsive (touchy maybe?) so some re-learning of driving may be in order. Look at the dyno power curves; if you're not at mid- to high-rpms, you'll have lots of power avaible, but you won't be pushing the limits of this car.

I'm not going to worry about it, because I think the package will make it stronger for the way I drive. Can't wait!

I dont see it being a problem as long as you can keep your foot out of it (dont think I can). Everything is upgraded and make for driving. I do wonder about the gas mileage?

michael morris

My experience around town with my 08 GT500 has been 15-16 mpg (have to work to get 16, though). I have noticed the supercharger kick in when on cruise control on hills, but just a psi or three

I dont see it being a problem as long as you can keep your foot out of it (dont think I can). Everything is upgraded and make for driving. I do wonder about the gas mileage?

michael morris

I can't keep my foot off the accelerator either. I get about 8-10mpg. Speed limit on my road is 60 and a highway so I'm flooring it all the way to 80 or so (which we all know is about 7-8 seconds) then slowing down.

I'm going to drive my SS as much as possible and say to hell with the gas mileage.

I can't keep my foot off the accelerator either. I get about 8-10mpg. Speed limit on my road is 60 and a highway so I'm flooring it all the way to 80 or so (which we all know is about 7-8 seconds) then slowing down.

I'm going to drive my SS as much as possible and say to hell with the gas mileage.

THANKS! THATS PERTTY MUCH WHAT I'M GOING TO DO. WILL SEE WHAT BREAKS FIRST.

BOB

You will not notice a difference in everyday driving until you stuff your foot in it. Relax and enjoy life knowing that you have a rocket at your command! My wife drives mine to buy me beer so it had better be easy to drive!

:hysterical2:

BOB

:hysterical2:

BOB

BOB DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT . YOU AND THE CAR WILL BE FINE, JUST ENJOY YOURSELF WITH IT CAUSE WE HAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE NO ONE KNOWS WHEN OUR TIME WILL BE TO GO.....ENJOY BUDDY AND BE SAFE......

Archived