TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H adding snake logos???

DLGT-H398

what do you guys think about adding the big 4.25 inch cobras to the GT-H???

I was thinking under the hertz medallion??

also I was thinking that the ford racing cobra trunk lock medallion would go perfect with the GT-H?

the reason I ask is there is nothing on these cars to indicate the cobra DNA.

the 65 had atleast 1 cobra on them(steering wheel cap) and the 66 had 2 (steering wheel cap)(gas cap).

I know they didnt come with any and that kinda makes them exclusive but maybe we should petition amy B. to make us a special GT-H cobra emblem to put underneath the hertz emblem.

maybe the 67-68 side emblem and instead of saying gt-350 it should say shelby GT-H.

I think the gold color of the 67-68 gt-350 emblem would look perfect with these cars.

also I was thinking that the ford racing cobra trunk lock medallion would go perfect with the GT-H?

the 65 had atleast 1 cobra on them(steering wheel cap) and the 66 had 2 (steering wheel cap)(gas cap).

I know they didnt come with any and that kinda makes them exclusive but maybe we should petition amy B. to make us a special GT-H cobra emblem to put underneath the hertz emblem.

maybe the 67-68 side emblem and instead of saying gt-350 it should say shelby GT-H.

I think the gold color of the 67-68 gt-350 emblem would look perfect with these cars.

I am waiting for the sgt gas cap snake emblenm and possibly horn badge that we have all been talking about since the shelby forum. I hope it will be out soon, thats enough for me, like the original GT-H had in 66.

yes but that stuff is specific to the shelby GT.it would not go good on the GT-H.I am talking about a GT-H specific badge with the cobra logo on it for GT-H owners only.

Hey you have to get in line after the exclusive SGT cap. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Just kidding. I think the problem you would have is that your car is very exclusive (1000 units for both years). When you really think about it, how many GT-H owners out of the 1000 cars would be willing to buy exclusive GT-H parts? There are those owners that are in the "keep it original" camp, others that will not like it (no snake camp), others that will not pay for it (should be free camp) and others that will never know anything about it (in the dark camp). Any special parts are often ordered in large batches (maybe 1000 or more). SAI can't make money, let alone break even selling exclusive parts on volume of 50-100.

I know some people have gone the route to have caps or emblems custom made or have added emblems from past cars....as long as you can convert your car back to original condition (if ever needed), I don't see the harm.

Gawd, please no Cobras...JUST SAY NO! :banghead: The car looks great as it was built. There's enough there, IMHO, such that it's going to be really easy to go from cool to really tacky. Adding another emblem under the hertz one, I think, is just adding too much bling. Again this is MY opinion and you did ask! :waiting:

-Jeff

Gawd, please no Cobras...JUST SAY NO! :banghead: The car looks great as it was built. There's enough there, IMHO, such that it's going to be really easy to go from cool to really tacky. Adding another emblem under the hertz one, I think, is just adding too much bling. Again this is MY opinion and you did ask! :waiting:

-Jeff

i think the old gt-350 with the cobra from the old car on the grill or dash pad may be ok

-Jeff

Ditto - just not a fan of multiple badges on the fenders. Adam O'Dwyer's car is about the only one I think has pulled it off tastefully.

I am not for more emblems on the car, however the 1966 did have a cobra. To that end, on ebay there is a site selling power outlet plugs. Looks very nice. There are silver and black engraved shelby cobras. Looks high quality. I am thinking of buying a black one with silver outlined cobra. This may be a suttle way to display a cobra without putting a permenant emblem and can be removed any time.

Seller is 3ducks3parts. Sorry I am not sure how to attach the link.

I am not for more emblems on the car, however the 1966 did have a cobra. To that end, on ebay there is a site selling power outlet plugs. Looks very nice. There are silver and black engraved shelby cobras. Looks high quality. I am thinking of buying a black one with silver outlined cobra. This may be a suttle way to display a cobra without putting a permenant emblem and can be removed any time.

Seller is 3ducks3parts. Sorry I am not sure how to attach the link.

where is that site for the corba emblem?? thanks

A little pricey for a little plug, but appears to be a pretty nice item. I agree with some of the above posts, I would not be interested in adding any more emblems to the outside of the car, but I do like this plug cover. Here's a linky:

Cobra outlet plug on ebay

Yes, you are correct, a little pricey. However seems like decent qulaity. Thanks for putting the link.

Harald

I bought my power plug from MGWltd. and yes its expensive but the quality is excellent. Plus it replaces the plastic 12volt plug from ford and adds a Shelby touch.

Cobraplug.jpg

Then I added this to the Gas cap because the GT is so plain.

GasCap.jpg

I bought my power plug from MGWltd. and yes its expensive but the quality is excellent. Plus it replaces the plastic 12volt plug from ford and adds a Shelby touch.

Cobraplug.jpg

Then I added this to the Gas cap because the GT is so plain.

GasCap.jpg

I like the CS on the gas cap, where did you get it? Is it a sticker or new center piece. Has anyone removed just the center piece of the faux gas cap? Tips on how????

Randy

The CS goes over the GT logo takes all of 30 seconds with heating up the GT logo in a 40 degree garage.

Thanks....where did you get the CS logo? Who sells them?

Thanks,

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
I like the CS on the gas cap, where did you get it? Is it a sticker or new center piece. Has anyone removed just the center piece of the faux gas cap? Tips on how????

Randy

I like the CS logo on the gas cap to, but its to late already replaced it with the Ford racing Cobra cap when we replaced the stripes!!! Oh well next time.

John

I like the CS logo on the gas cap to, but its to late already replaced it with the Ford racing Cobra cap when we replaced the stripes!!! Oh well next time.

John

is there a part number for the shelby gas cap decal?? thanks ed

Archived