TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Old Fog Lights?

Has anyone installed the old fog lights behind the grill? Just wondering if they would fit b4 I try it.

Adam SGT#3670

Do a search in the "Discussion Forum" and you'll find some threads from the old forum on this topic. The standard lights do not fit. There have been a few people that installed other lights in their place. You'll have to look or hopefully one of them will re-post their findings here.

-jeff

Has anyone installed the old fog lights behind the grill? Just wondering if they would fit b4 I try it.

Adam SGT#3670

I believe it can be done, but I am sure that there will have to be some modification of the remaining areas of the old grill. Details seemed kind of sketchy when I looked into it a while back in the old posts. It's got to be way easier than putting a GT grill and lights and wiring and switch into a V6 like I did for my wife. Now that turned into a BIG job.

I will likely try it soon...

Contact sgt0701, he did it to his car, in his signature there are 5 SGT's pictured, I think he did it for one or 2 of the others in the pic as well.

Good Luck.

Thanks, I will have to do that. I took a look at the sig and there are at least two with the lights. So it is possible. Thanks

I just ordered the fogs for my SGT. It looks like an easy install, but nothing is ever as easy as you think on any kind of custom install. I will try to pass along any hints I can once I do the install...

good deal. i would like to see it. the factory wiring is hanging there on mine, so thats good.

The factory fogs should fit with no modification. The harness is still there with the plugs. Should be a plug and play.

I'm guessing it won't be quite so easy since they protrude out from the stock GT grill into the area where our Shelby grill is now attached. I think there will probably need to be some kind of spacers in the rear to keep them recessed somewhat, and this is likely to make the fit very snug. But you never know until you try. Like I said before, it CAN'T be as hard as putting the GT grill on my wife's car and running the wires and installing the switch. Little did I know that you could buy take-off front fascias...

I'm guessing it won't be quite so easy since they protrude out from the stock GT grill into the area where our Shelby grill is now attached. I think there will probably need to be some kind of spacers in the rear to keep them recessed somewhat, and this is likely to make the fit very snug. But you never know until you try. Like I said before, it CAN'T be as hard as putting the GT grill on my wife's car and running the wires and installing the switch. Little did I know that you could buy take-off front fascias...

+1 yes this was the finding of someone that tried it. The lights are too far forward and won't fit with the grill on.. They finally ended up usint the hardness with some narrower lights.

Any info would be great. I am still planning on attempting this mod, but I am in the middle of applying a rust converter on the rear axle and other parts on the rear end. After I finish with the rust converter I will use a gloss black paint to clean it all up. I just cannot stand looking at the rust. If you are interested in doing this do a search for rust and you will find some pics from a GT500 owner that did this as well. That is where I got the idea. I also installed my sequentials this weekend and am loving them.

Adam

I just ordered the fogs for my SGT. It looks like an easy install, but nothing is ever as easy as you think on any kind of custom install. I will try to pass along any hints I can once I do the install...

Where did you order your lights from? Just looking for the best deal.

I got them from CJ Pony Parts on ebay for $70 plus $10 shipping. I haven't yet received them, but they implied they were Ford parts although I do not see how they could be at that price. I am figuring that unless they are total junk they will be OK for behind the grill. I can let you know when they arrive...I think new take-off's run about $99. We probably end up buying back the same ones they cut out of our grills LOL.

The original lights should have been in my trunk. Or the upfitters package should have a deduct to my sticker not an add on. :redcard:

+1 Kind of the same deal as the rear spoiler I guess. I got the ones I ordered for $70 a pair today and they look like genuine FMC. I think I paid $106 a piece from the dealer the last time I fooled with these...

Archived