TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interesting CSM dash number observation

JeffJ

Interesting. It appears that the dash numbers on the 06 Hertz coups went from a seven digit number to a six digit number at car 101 I'm assuming. I believe the underhood CSM number remained seven digits throughout all 500 cars. Anybody see anything different? Who has number 101 to verify?

Shelby100dash.jpg

102_dash.JPG

• 7 months later...

You are correct. I just looked at my plaque that I received from Shelby. It does say 06H0102. So it looks like only the stickers switched to a 6 digit number instead of a 7. We still need to find out if this happened at #101. I would think so.

By looking at all the 07 plates, it appears that a 6 digit number is consistent from dash plaque sticker, plate and underhood plate. So when the 07 guys register their car with Shelby, I assume that a 6 digit number is used? I know that when 06's are registered, you have to use the 7 digit number.

• 2 years later...

Since we've been solving so many GT-H mysteries lately. Does anyone have the answer to the last question above? We are two years the wiser now. Are the 07's a six digit CSM where the 06's are seven?

Yes the 2006 Hertz cars have a 7 digit CSM number. Example 06H0001 to 06H0500.

And the 2007 Hertz cars have a 6 digit CSM number. Example 07H001 to 07H500.

The 2007 Hertz cars were able to drop the extra unused digit because it was known that only 500 verts were going to be made.

Steve

Yes the 2006 Hertz cars have a 7 digit CSM number. Example 06H0001 to 06H0500.

And the 2007 Hertz cars have a 6 digit CSM number. Example 07H001 to 07H500.

The 2007 Hertz cars were able to drop the extra unused digit because it was known that only 500 verts were going to be made.

Steve

but not all the 2006 have 7 digits. (looking at the above picture of the sticker of 06h102) so when did that change on the 2006's. i think that is the question?

but not all the 2006 have 7 digits. (looking at the above picture of the sticker of 06h102) so when did that change on the 2006's. i think that is the question?

But that was only on the dash stickers. The dash plates and the underhood plate, official CSM number remained 7 digits through all the 2006 coupes. Just the factory sticker on the dash switched to 6 digits at car #101.

But that was only on the dash stickers. The dash plates and the underhood plate, official CSM number remained 7 digits through all the 2006 coupes. Just the factory sticker on the dash switched to 6 digits at car #101.

Ok I think I'm onboard now. The master vin list I use daily does not show the complete CSM number so further research needs to be performed. I'll see what I can dig up.

Steve

oh ok that makes more sense now. thank you jeff

Archived