TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sirus subscription.

SGT/SC#0471

So they turned off my sat radio. I got it turned back on. A 1 year was one something. After talking to the guy a lifetime subscription for car was 400 and some change. Would not have known about this deal if I did not ask. Makes sense for some of us looking to keep our rides for awhile.....hope this helps.

I don't post this to take away Sirius future business, but I'd double check on the XM / Sirius merger and the supposed new receivers that will be coming out eventually to receive both signals. I don't know if your lifetime subscription would include that future service. Just make sure you ask if you're getting it.

Mike

FYI, you can negotiate with them. I got my XM in my other car for $77 for a year after they told me it was $140. I still have over 4 months on my Sirius, but will do the same with them.

Also, do not give them your credit card info, they will renew your subscription at some outrageous price after a year is up with out you knowing it.

i pay anually for XM. they send me a bill and i cut them a check. i forget what the anual price was. i have the car adapter for it and just plug it in the 12v power and line jack inside the center consol compartment. i run the wires through the hand brake slot and have the XM unit attached to a mount with adhesive near the cup holders. which is the only place i could really put it since the cords werent long enough to place the mount on the dash. anyway, i also didnt want the inside of my car lookin like the back of my computer desk. wish my stereo had XM built in it. :banghead:

at least the satelite antenna has a freakin long enough cord i can just run it under the carpeting and up the kick panel and the pillar and have only few inches of antenna cord from there to the top of car. the antenna pod has a 150 mph magnet. :superhero: i just stick it on the roof of the car. :)

FYI, you can negotiate with them. I got my XM in my other car for $77 for a year after they told me it was $140. I still have over 4 months on my Sirius, but will do the same with them.

Also, do not give them your credit card info, they will renew your subscription at some outrageous price after a year is up with out you knowing it.

Havent had that problem. They have my CC number and renew it every 3 months at the price we agreed on and not a penny more.

I don't post this to take away Sirius future business, but I'd double check on the XM / Sirius merger and the supposed new receivers that will be coming out eventually to receive both signals. I don't know if your lifetime subscription would include that future service. Just make sure you ask if you're getting it.

Mike

I was told that a lifetime subscription would be honoured if the merger ever goes through. I would take that with a grain of salt, however.

Nice rommy garage. Mine is a one-car, barely can squeeze past the car, no room for detailing.

But at least I can peek in from the house access and say hello! :waiting:

Actually that shot is one of the pics still at the dealers shop, but I do have a nice big 2 car single door at home, though I don't have a 20 foot ceiling.

I DO want a 20 foot ceiling...

Archived