TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window Tint??

Yes, I have

What percentage tint did you use all the way around? Whatever it is, its absolutely awesome and the same level of darkness I'd like to go for. I don't put enough miles/year on her to be too concerned with night time driving (...or the local laws... :redcard: ) so that looks perfect to me.

Thanks for the pics--think I will definitely go for it. Is it possible to do a quality job yourself, or do you need to take it somewhere?

Definitely take it to professionals. I have attempted window tinting several times and could never get it to look as good as a professional job. Also, be sure to get a set of mole skins for the doors to keep the weather seals from scratching the tint when the windows go up and down.

Definitely take it to professionals. I have attempted window tinting several times and could never get it to look as good as a professional job. Also, be sure to get a set of mole skins for the doors to keep the weather seals from scratching the tint when the windows go up and down.

ill second the take it to a shop to have it done ive tried it myself and it comes out bad and i want to set fire to the car :banghead: out of fustration.

What percentage tint did you use all the way around? Whatever it is, its absolutely awesome and the same level of darkness I'd like to go for. I don't put enough miles/year on her to be too concerned with night time driving (...or the local laws... :redcard: ) so that looks perfect to me.

I believe it was 35%. The funny thing about tint and pictures though, lighting angles can make the tint appear lighter or darker.

I was told by a tinter that Ford started using felts again on the '08's. Can anyone confirm this?

I was told by a tinter that Ford started using felts again on the '08's. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes they have. Prior to having my 07 tinted I purchased a set of interior felts for the 08. Make sure you do this prior to having any interior tint installed on any 07!

I believe it was 35%. The funny thing about tint and pictures though, lighting angles can make the tint appear lighter or darker.

I guess that is very true. The one picture you have from the side posted above looks absolutely sinister (in a good way!) and is the look I'm going after. Guess I'll have to talk to my local shops to see what they say.

Yes they have. Prior to having my 07 tinted I purchased a set of interior felts for the 08. Make sure you do this prior to having any interior tint installed on any 07!

Should the shop installing the tint have these (assuming a good shop would) and if not, any ideas on where they can be purchased?

Should the shop installing the tint have these (assuming a good shop would) and if not, any ideas on where they can be purchased?

A good tint shop should have felts and they would replace the hard rubber pieces. But I ordered right from the local Ford Dealer parts department. Make sure they are the 08 Interior pieces. It took 2 days for them to arrive. I think they were $32 each.

I guess that is very true. The one picture you have from the side posted above looks absolutely sinister (in a good way!) and is the look I'm going after. Guess I'll have to talk to my local shops to see what they say.

Yes!! The sinister in a ood way is exactly the look I am looking for...

Dave, beautiful car. How about some more pics.

Jim

Jim,

I don't know how to post multiple pics to keep it under the 500 mb for the forum and I haven't quite mastered how to share pics on photobucket, when I do I'll post a link to my album. Any help from forum members would be appreciated. If you'd like me to e-mail you a few more PM me your e-mail address. Here's a couple more from the side.

Dave

Dave, beautiful car. I also like the hood. Someone else mentioned a metallic tint. Please explain what a metallic tint is. I am also curious what any type of a silver tint would look like if anyone has pics.

Thank you

+1...is the metallic tint where it fades from black into a mirrored silver?

Archived