TEAM SHELBY FORUM

terlingua performance package?

dead turbo

1st time post.......does anyone know what the terlingua performance package consist of? my local mustang dealer doesn't even know they exist, much less what they contain. Your help would be appreciated...........thanks :banghead:

Terlingua info

From what I understand you take (or buy) a baseline V6 mustang (must be yellow or black) to one of the authorized Shelby builders such Tasca and they do the conversion.

WELCOME dead turbo!!

The Terlingua is a post-title program (like the Supersnake) so it's not a retail Ford product. As Paleoc said, you buy a V6 mustang thru your Ford dealer first and after you take delivery it goes to SAI. See link below for contacts...

Check out this link for the latest Terlingua info (about half-way down post#1). A deposit is not necessary to get 'in-line' -- you can put your name on the conversion list and they'll call you and let you know when they need the deposit.

Also, if you do a SEARCH (scroll to the top of this page on the right, next to "help") and insert the search term "Terlingua" and select "all forums" you'll come up with a whole bunch of other posts too, but the one in the link I posted above is the very latest as of mid-day today.

Good luck!!

Dan

WELCOME dead turbo!!

The Terlingua is a post-title program (like the Supersnake) so it's not a retail Ford product. As Paleoc said, you buy a V6 mustang thru your Ford dealer first and after you take delivery it goes to SAI. See link below for contacts...

Check out this link for the latest Terlingua info (about half-way down post#1). A deposit is not necessary to get 'in-line' -- you can put your name on the conversion list and they'll call you and let you know when they need the deposit.

Also, if you do a SEARCH (scroll to the top of this page on the right, next to "help") and insert the search term "Terlingua" and select "all forums" you'll come up with a whole bunch of other posts too, but the one in the link I posted above is the very latest as of mid-day today.

Good luck!!

Dan

Thanks for info dan. look foward to purchasing my next shelby. Had a '67 & '68 back in the day of affordable cars. Terlingua looks like the perfect vehicle to replace my long gone GT 350's. Just what a retired guy needs to spend his social security checks on :shift: See you 'round the forum!

Thanks for info dan. look foward to purchasing my next shelby. Had a '67 & '68 back in the day of affordable cars. Terlingua looks like the perfect vehicle to replace my long gone GT 350's. Just what a retired guy needs to spend his social security checks on :shift: See you 'round the forum!

Cool. A couple of things as they stand right now:

-You will not be limited to a black car or a yellow car. The black car will have a yellow hood, and all the other colors will have a black hood

- The package will be offered in 3 stages, from basic suspension & badges to full-blown street racer. We are still working towards final packaging, so some things may change a bit, but I feel that we are pretty close to what it will be;

-You will be thrilled by the performance & handling of the Terlingua: More power than the original GT350, super crisp handling.....WITH....air conditioning, pw, p-brakes...and it's affordable.

FWIW, I am now a HUGE fan of this car, after I drove it. ;)

Hope this helps!

Chris

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the link!!

Cool article and pics but how could Road & Track, one of the venerable premier major auto magazines, say the 4.0 V6 is a pushrod engine?!!! They really should know it's an SOHC. When they were so diligently photographing the engine, etc, did the actually ever look at it? Shame, shame.... I'll chalk it up to a faux pas and maybe a liitl to much local chilli :hysterical: ...'cause they really should know better even if they never saw the car ...sheesh!

I'm also a little confused by some of CS's reported comments. He hopes the HP BS is over? What?!!! Did I hear that right? Is this the same CS that expounded 24 months ago on multiple occasions that he will not be outpowered this time around by any coming competition (my paraphrase)? Oh, well, I'll chalk that up to the promotional politics of the moment and some genuine excitement over a very cool Terlingua Mustang. I at least hope the 'going horizontal with Ford' comments are still valid -- not interested in the going horizontal part which I hope won't be for a long long time, but the Ford part better stick ...and I'm watching!! :shades: ...don't make me come out there!! :hysterical2:

:hysterical3: ...and three boose-runs in the DC3! Ya gotta love the good old days and Carroll's easy and fun-loving nature ;) and how about that fine Terlingua Taxi?!! SOmehow it's just perfect. :)

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

They should make the package information in a thread on a sticky so it stays at the top...I hate getting my info from outside sources...

Im actually seriously considering this though...buy a used v6 and send it in....

This might be pretty cool!

Base package 8 grand

full package 18 grand

what is the third package cost? and can you get the base then send back to split the cost ?

Lots o questions floating around my noggen...and I guess they have sharp corners cuz it hurts.... :hysterical:

They should make the package information in a thread on a sticky so it stays at the top...I hate getting my info from outside sources...

Im actually seriously considering this though...buy a used v6 and send it in....

This might be pretty cool!

Base package 8 grand

full package 18 grand

what is the third package cost? and can you get the base then send back to split the cost ?

Lots o questions floating around my noggen...and I guess they have sharp corners cuz it hurts.... :hysterical:

I bought my V6 today. 2008 Black Mustang. Base package. 15k. In order to get it hopefully done for the Terlingua event, I'm doing the base package to start off with then upgrading when the rest of the parts are available.

Some of the parts between the Terlingua packages are different...like the wheels, front grill and rear facsia. The performance package has 20" Razors..the base package has 18's...I'm going to get the Razors, front grill and am aiming for the GT500 rear facsia. IE: I'm going to get as much as possible of the Performance package installed now and drive it around until the superchargers are ready for the 08's.

I bought my V6 today. 2008 Black Mustang. Base package. 15k. In order to get it hopefully done for the Terlingua event, I'm doing the base package to start off with then upgrading when the rest of the parts are available.

Some of the parts between the Terlingua packages are different...like the wheels, front grill and rear facsia. The performance package has 20" Razors..the base package has 18's...I'm going to get the Razors, front grill and am aiming for the GT500 rear facsia. IE: I'm going to get as much as possible of the Performance package installed now and drive it around until the superchargers are ready for the 08's.

I need to spend some time hanging out with you! All the cool Shelbys! :drool:

I need to spend some time hanging out with you! All the cool Shelbys! :drool:

Any time! I've got to come down to SA in the next week anyways to pick up the black v6. Want to meet up?

07-08 V6's only.

Performance package is now available for the 2008 Mustangs! Mine is now ordered and deposit is put down! Quantum is trying to get it done in time for Terlingua..Woo hoo! Looks like I'll be bringing the Terlingua and the Vert.

07-08 V6's only.

Performance package is now available for the 2008 Mustangs! Mine is now ordered and deposit is put down! Quantum is trying to get it done in time for Terlingua..Woo hoo! Looks like I'll be bringing the Terlingua and the Vert.

:beerchug: Congrats...........for both of us :hysterical:

Wonder if they can get 3 of 'em done before Sept. 24th................They looked pretty busy :runaway:

Glenn told me that they will be pulling a few overnigters to get our cars done. I'm guessing more than a few really. Bill Neale just received his 08 Terlingua Performance package, so that's one down! 3 to go so far, Vorpal, Sprint and me. There's someone else who's been talking to Quantum about getting one done as well. I think I'm bordering on harassment between my phone calls to Glenn and Kenny and the emails..lol

Takes about a week to get the parts from Shelby to Quantum since they are sent truck freight. Still plenty of time to get the cars done!

Archived