TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just received 2-8-08 email update

Vogon

Just received this email after midnight - YEEHAW! :happy feet:

Update---Update ---2-08-08--- Update---Update

First and foremost, I would like everyone to join me in wishing Carroll Shelby a Happy 85th Birthday.

I definitely have to agree with the quote, "No one man has done more to fuel the desire of the sports car enthusiast." Austin Healey, Ferrari, the Cobra, the GT350 and GT500. Carroll has been leading the pack with these cars since the fifties. Now we are in the "new Era" of Carroll's leading the pack,

and you have the chance to drive the cars that are up front.

Here's the latest..

40th Anniversary

We have now completed over 66 Shelby GT500's into 40th Anniversary cars. This includes cars that have been optioned with supercharger upgrades and brake upgrades. We had originally anticipated more than 80 by the end of year but are still busy completing the 08' Shelby GT line and expect to be done within the next couple of weeks. Once the 08' SGT's are completed, our entire production line will become our Mod Shop and

then our mass production will begin.

As mentioned before, the 40th Anniversary cars are getting the adjustable pan hard now. We have shipped pan hard bars out to the cars that were delivered prior to this change. Originally, we were going to ship these pre adjusted. We decided not to do this because each cars specifications are different. All of the Anniversary cars that we deliver now will include these bars. They will be adjusted to fit each car.

Super Snake

We have called in the first ten convertibles and to-date have built 2 customer owned Super Snakes,

a Red convertible and a Tungsten Coupe. We will be able to post pictures of these cars once we get a release from the customers. Like stated before, "Menacing" is the best word used to describe these cars.

I can reiterate that after seeing these two.

We will produce 1,250 units of the 07 Super Snake

We will produce 1,000 units of the 08 Super Snake

The adjustable pan hard bar has been added to the Super Snake package.

When ordering your post title package for your car, please be prepared to indicate any options that you want on your car. Any changes done to the order after we have requested shipment of your car will warrant a "Change of Order" and could significantly delay the delivery of your car. If you do however, indicate a change, your car will be built in accordance with you original order and then be put back into the queue until the additional parts can be ordered and added.

Many of you have already installed a clear bra, or invisa shield of some sort.

Please have these removed before you deliver your car to our facility.

Also, please remember to send the tuner to your car if you have already performed a computer upgrade.

Once your car has been completed, please make arrangements to pick up your car or have it picked up as soon as possible. Our space is limited and we cannot store these cars for more than a couple days.

On any of our GT500 packages, if you order the 700+HP package the Polished Supercharger will be an add'l $1,300 upgrade charge and the Satin Supercharger will be an add'l $650 upgrade charge.

This package will allow you to have the flat black, upgraded satin or polished finish.

Terlingua

We have released the information on the Terlingua and have begun to compile a list of interested parties for this package. We expect this program to get into full swing this summer.

Deposits

At this time, we have stopped taking deposits on our packages.

We will continue to do all necessary paperwork and assign CSM numbers to your cars, but will not require the deposit until we call to schedule your car for upgrade. Please note that without taking deposits, many people will proceed with the paperwork and CSM assignment.

But, once we are ready to schedule the work to be done, more people will be likely to back out of the package. This will have a direct reflection on CSM numbering, so the CSM numbers that we assign to cars from this date forward will be considered "tentative".

*Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your "tentative" CSM Reservation packet.

Tasca Quantum CSM # Changes

Please be advised that when scheduling your vehicle at either the Tasca or Quantum shop(s), your original

CSM # would change. These shops were allotted a specific range of CSM's #'s, based on location of build.

You as the customer, have the option of keeping your original CSM #, by sending your vehicle to

Shelby Headquarters in Las Vegas.

CSM Assignments are as follows:

300 to 400 would signify that your car was built at Tasca

400 to 500 would signify that your car was built at Quantum

Our goal is to deliver high quality, high performance packages to every one of our customers.

We appreciate your continuing patience with Shelby Automobiles. Believe us when we say that we want to deliver these cars to our customers just as much as our customers are ready to receive them.

Every question and every concern is important. Please call or e-mail if you have any questions or concerns.

Our call volume is high right now due to the increasing interest in our packages,

so if you call, please follow up with an e-mail.

John Walker has chosen to pursue his own personal interests.

The team listed below are ready to help you with any requests that you have and assist in

making your automotive dreams come true.

Best Regards

Team Shelby

Points of Contact

Shelby Automobiles

702-942-7325

Adrienne Poplin

Customer Service Rep.

adriennep@shelbyautos.com

ext 147

Adrienne can answer any general questions you have about our programs.

Jared Patterson

Customer Service Rep.

jaredp@shelbyautos.com

ext 105

Jared can answer general questions as well as technical information.

Doug Sinclair

Warranty/ Hertz

dougs@shelbyautos.com

ext 102

Doug is handling warranty and Hertz questions.

Cynthia Robinson

Scheduling/Deposits

cynthiar@shelbyautos.com

ext 142

Cynthia is working with Bud on scheduling and can answer questions about deposits.

Bud Mahoney

Supervisor of Sales

budm@shelbyautos.com

ext 140

this is encouraging. My car 070038 is baking in the nevada sun as we speak. I was one of the first 10 called so I am very anxious. I am a little worried about the couple of days storage. I am getting my car shipped back to delaware and although made round trip arraingements, I have to give notice for the carrier to pick it up. I hope shelby won't stick my baby back out in the sun while it waits. I have always kept it covered and in the garage here at home.

Why are our CSM numbers changing. That sucks. What is the point in putting our money in early when we then get a higher CSM number if we get it completed elsewhere. Isnt the build location enough. This really sucks. If it isnt one thing its another.

i looked at that completely different. if you signed up to late to get a LOW CSM number, but you were one of the first to sign up at Tasca or Quatum. you could have a LOWER PRODUCTION number than someone who was an early deposit. so you went to Tasca you could have number 304 (fourth car built). everyone will know in the future what these number mean. car number 325 come up for sale, all of us SHELBY guys will know right away that wasnt the 325th car built, but the 25th car built at Tasca.i kinda like the idea.

but that just me

michael morris

i looked at that completely different. if you signed up to late to get a LOW CSM number, but you were one of the first to sign up at Tasca or Quatum. you could have a LOWER PRODUCTION number than someone who was an early deposit. so you went to Tasca you could have number 304 (fourth car built). everyone will know in the future what these number mean. car number 325 come up for sale, all of us SHELBY guys will know right away that wasnt the 325th car built, but the 25th car built at Tasca.i kinda like the idea.

but that just me

michael morris

I guess that is true. I will be 405 because i am the 5th car that is being converted at Quantum. It just seems that as soon as you get comfortable with an idea it gets changed.

Its funny because i was mad that we have had our deposits tied up for so long, but since i had mine in the stock market previously letting SAI hold the deposits actually saved me money. weird thought, SAI saved me money. It is going to suck to sell stocks to pay for the conversion now. OH well

Vista

but that just me

michael morris

This may or may not be a fair statement. Will the numbers at Quantum and Tasca be sequential to the actual build number or will they follow the same random pattern that is being done at SAI?

Why are our CSM numbers changing. That sucks. What is the point in putting our money in early when we then get a higher CSM number if we get it completed elsewhere. Isnt the build location enough. This really sucks. If it isnt one thing its another.

It makes sense to me . The way I understand it is there is a master list developed as you send your deposit in. Then if you decide to go to Tasca or Quantum you are taken off the Las Vegas list and put on a Tasca[300+] or Quantum[400+] list in the order in which your deposit was received. As cars are taken off Las Vegas and put on the other lists the numbers on the original list change and Las Vegas people move up in position. Further confusing the lists is the fact that converts were called up first and the 700HP cars have to wait for some back ordered parts as other cars move ahead furthering the need to chgange numbers on the original list.

I think the're doing the best they can with three conversion sites, some parts for the 700+HP which are on back order and multiple conversion options. :headspin:

It makes sense to me . The way I understand it is there is a master list developed as you send your deposit in. Then if you decide to go to Tasca or Quantum you are taken off the Las Vegas list and put on a Tasca[300+] or Quantum[400+] list in the order in which your deposit was received. As cars are taken off Las Vegas and put on the other lists the numbers on the original list change and Las Vegas people move up in position. Further confusing the lists is the fact that converts were called up first and the 700HP cars have to wait for some back ordered parts as other cars move ahead furthering the need to chgange numbers on the original list.

I think the're doing the best they can with three conversion sites, some parts for the 700+HP which are on back order and multiple conversion options. :headspin:

I dont think the numbers are changing on the first verts compared to the 725HP cars. im #14 and i sold #3. both car are in Vegas (not been called, but shipped from Ford) we are NOT losing our numbers. he still has #3 and im still #14. i do not believe the cars are built in EXACT order. this would be almost impossible for the exact reasons you mentioned. maybe the guys that have car that have been called could tell us the CSM numbers and it would prove me right or wrong. if im wrong the first cars would be all under #10. i think some 07s and 08s were called.

michael morris

All this # changing has got me going nuts!!!!

I LOVED my first # given but then got lowered and wasn't sure if I should be happy or sad cause I'm just a little stupidstious and really loved my first #.

Then I made myself believe it was better to have a lower # so I then was OK with my new lower #.

NOW since I'm being SS'ed at Tasca my # is going WAY up!!!!!

This whole # thing is taking years off my life!!!!

All this # changing has got me going nuts!!!!

I LOVED my first # given but then got lowered and wasn't sure if I should be happy or sad cause I'm just a little stupidstious and really loved my first #.

Then I made myself believe it was better to have a lower # so I then was OK with my new lower #.

NOW since I'm being SS'ed at Tasca my # is going WAY up!!!!!

This whole # thing is taking years off my life!!!!

I'm #328 scheduled to go to Tasca. Based on the info posted earlier I'm assuming that I will be the 28th car done at Tasca. If thats the case I feel ok. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

We have not assigned any CSM numbers as of yet. Our list is a rough idea of where you are but things can change.

Keith do not worry about your CSM number going up into the 300's. This will probably help you as your SAI number is high, you will have a low number at Tasca.

Think of it this way, if you had 07SS047 for example at SAI but you were the first few to sign up at Tasca your number will move to say 07SS302. If you think about it, that would be lowering your CSM number as it would be one of the first built at Tasca rather then the 47th built at SAI.

I was upset over it too when I found out BUT after thinking about it for a while it makes allot of sense and will help identify these cars easily.

We have not assigned any CSM numbers as of yet. Our list is a rough idea of where you are but things can change.

Keith do not worry about your CSM number going up into the 300's. This will probably help you as your SAI number is high, you will have a low number at Tasca.

Think of it this way, if you had 07SS047 for example at SAI but you were the first few to sign up at Tasca your number will move to say 07SS302. If you think about it, that would be lowering your CSM number as it would be one of the first built at Tasca rather then the 47th built at SAI.

I was upset over it too when I found out BUT after thinking about it for a while it makes allot of sense and will help identify these cars easily.

I agree Kyle.... Its just been so crazy as you know.... I hope the old saying holds true, 'alls well that ends well'...

I guess you just have to take a step back and think logically... It all makes sense and I get it....

So what that my # goes WAY up to the 300's as long as I'm built sooner than later and REAL Shelby fans know why my # is what it is than thats all that should matter!!!

--Keith

I realize you guys at Tasca are getting flooded with phone calls and inquiries about the SS but I really need some clarification.

In my initial correspondance with SAI I stated that I wished to have my car converted at Tasca. After sending my ck I received a packet of info from SAI stating that my number was 07SS0328.In order to get clarification about the numbering system I called SAI to ask about how cars would be taken at Tasca. I was told that if I was going to Tasca I should call them to inquire about their list. In the last week I have called Tasca three times with no luck getting either Kyle or Steve. Im not complaining because I know you guys are probablty getting flooded with phone calls. But I really do need some clarification.

If I have #328 does that meam I'm #28 at Tasca?. Do I have to speak to someone at Tasca to confirm my number as I was told by SAI and if I do what is the best way to do that?. If my number is secure and no confirmation at Tasca is necessary I will not try to call any longer and simply wait to hear from you. Please clarify.

I'm #328 scheduled to go to Tasca. Based on the info posted earlier I'm assuming that I will be the 28th car done at Tasca. If thats the case I feel ok. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

I do believe that you are wrong..... Sorry!!!

You were given that # before they decided this right?

If I'm right and you and others were given 300's before this decision was made adjustments will be done.... AGAIN!!!

No worries though you may still be #328 or even LOWER!!!!!

-- Keith

I realize you guys at Tasca are getting flooded with phone calls and inquiries about the SS but I really need some clarification.

In my initial correspondance with SAI I stated that I wished to have my car converted at Tasca. After sending my ck I received a packet of info from SAI stating that my number was 07SS0328.In order to get clarification about the numbering system I called SAI to ask about how cars would be taken at Tasca. I was told that if I was going to Tasca I should call them to inquire about their list. In the last week I have called Tasca three times with no luck getting either Kyle or Steve. Im not complaining because I know you guys are probablty getting flooded with phone calls. But I really do need some clarification.

If I have #328 does that meam I'm #28 at Tasca?. Do I have to speak to someone at Tasca to confirm my number as I was told by SAI and if I do what is the best way to do that?. If my number is secure and no confirmation at Tasca is necessary I will not try to call any longer and simply wait to hear from you. Please clarify.

You DO need to speak to them!!! Email works best....

If I'm right and you and others were given 300's before this decision was made adjustments will be done.... AGAIN!!!

-- Keith

Thanks! 28 at Tasca really didn't seem bad. Lower would of course be better , But I'm patient.

Vogon, like the other I want to thank you for posting the email.

I know I am signed up for email update but never seem to get them.

Thanks.

Jim

You will get a faster response from Tasca by emailing Kyle. kmccombs@tasca.com

-- Keith

I, too, think you are wrong, but who knows? I was originally assigned 07SS0390, but then received a letter stating it was 07SS0250. I don't think there was any number blocking in early number assignments, rather they were overall numbers. So as others have suggested, if I arranged to have Tasca do my car, my number would go up again, but possibly be done sooner.

I expect it to be done at SAI, as the other mods shops are too far away. So my final number may actually go down again, as lower-numbered cars (now) go elsewhere, opening more slots at SAI.

So here's some cheesy arithmetic to help keep me warm these days: I've seen numbers in the low 500's. At 250, I'm halfway down the pile. If 100 go to Tasca, and 100 go to Quantum, that leaves 300 for SAI. Halfway is now #150, so I'm getting closer. :headspin: If this logis is flawed, please don't feel the need to tell me; a guy can dream, right?

For thos that didn't get the email, glad I could share... Must be faster going straight up I-15, even for email. :hysterical:

Archived