TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I want to drive my Shelby GT!!!

ilmor

The weather has been so nasty, rainy and mucky around here for the past 2 weeks I have not wanted to take my Shelby out of the garage!! I really want to go for a drive!!! I guess I am having Shelby GT withdrawal. Maybe some of you in the southern states could tell me some short stories or send sunny day pictures to make me feel better? :hysterical2:

I took mine out and drove it to work, then last nigh the wife and I took it to dinner. Boy it was fun. Had a guy in a Nissan Z that want to play but found out that he did not have what it took to stay with me in the curves or the straight away. So he turned off. It is turely fun to drive.

Got mens breakfast and am going to drive it there. I now have a 1000 miles on it. We have had it since Sept.

The weather has been so nasty, rainy and mucky around here for the past 2 weeks I have not wanted to take my Shelby out of the garage!! I really want to go for a drive!!! I guess I am having Shelby GT withdrawal. Maybe some of you in the southern states could tell me some short stories or send sunny day pictures to make me feel better? :hysterical2:

101.jpg

Look at it this way, you will have less miles on your car than us southerners :hysterical2::hysterical:

ahhhh :cry: two whole weeks try 5 months for those of us in the upper midwest. :hysterical::drop:

lol but i feel youre pain i just wish it was only 2 weeks for me also. im looking at 2 more months before the salt is off the road.

I haven't driven my Shelby since November, and the it was just down the driveway and into my enclosed trailer for a trip to the new house, I still have the original tank of gas in it that I bought it with. Winter just plain sucks last week it went fron 39 degrees to -17 in a 12 hour period, now today it's going from 25 above to -15 with 40mph winds, wind chill to be 3 bazillion below. The problem is this BS is going to go on for another 2 months!!

Be careful with the gas. Did you put some stabilizer in?

from what i have heard lately stabilizer doesnt work. if you park youre car for long periods of time (more than a month) you should start it ocasionaly to keep the seals good. this also helps keep the fuel from gumming anything up i usualy fire it up and let it idle for about 3 to 5 min then shut her down i try to do this once a month.

After posting this topic this morning, I went out with the wife to take my daugther to art class. On the way home, the sun was shining and the roads were dry! So, I get home and take the Shelby out for a drive!!! All was well, and on the the way home I stop by my liquor store to pick up some wine. I notice as I go in that its getting cloudy again. When I came out, it was snowing like crazy and the roads were wet!!! Oh well, at least I got a good cruise in.... :D

We are having a rare week of winter sunshine here in TN. I got mine out Wednesday and cleaned it up, first time since before Christmas. We may not be very cold here but it sure does rain a bunch during the winter months. It looks like I will get to drive it till Monday, then the winter rains are supposed to set in again.

I do have a funny story. It's actually a bone head move on my part but I'm sure it was funny to watch. Wednesday afternoon I was leaving my store to go to the bank at about 3PM. The traffic here is always horrible in the early afternoon and I was having to wait forever to get out of my parking lot. After sitting there for what seemed like eternity, it was more like 5 minutes, I finally got a hole about as big as my car to slide into. I dumped the clutch, nailed the gas and took off into traffic. Now somewhere in between dumping the clutch and nailing the gas I forgot about how cold tires reacted to cold pavement. Oh boy, there I went. I fish tailed to the right, overcorrected and went back to the left. I feathered the throttle and got it straight, hit second and managed to get in my spot in traffic.

I don't know how it looked to the onlookers but I sure felt stupid after it was all over with. One things for sure, the rest of the day I was very easy on the gas!

ahhhh :cry: two whole weeks try 5 months for those of us in the upper midwest. :hysterical::drop:

lol but i feel youre pain i just wish it was only 2 weeks for me also. im looking at 2 more months before the salt is off the road.

Hey all, Missed Ya! Haven't been well lately. You guys don't know what Shelby withdrawl is. I ordered White Lightnin 04/18/07,

delivered to me 12/17/07, drove him about 100 feet to my garage, spent half the night in it with my son, 01/19/08 Shelby transport picked up White Lightnin & took him back to Vegas to put him together right the second time :censored: If I'am lucky I'll have him back by March (11 months after purchase) and maybe I'll be able to drive him then :banghead:

Hey all, Missed Ya! Haven't been well lately. You guys don't know what Shelby withdrawl is. I ordered White Lightnin 04/18/07,

delivered to me 12/17/07, drove him about 100 feet to my garage, spent half the night in it with my son, 01/19/08 Shelby transport picked up White Lightnin & took him back to Vegas to put him together right the second time :censored: If I'am lucky I'll have him back by March (11 months after purchase) and maybe I'll be able to drive him then :banghead:

now that would suck

Beautiful weather here in Northern California. :headspin:

I drove Betsy to work all week and then to the golf course on Friday. I plan on driving again next week as long as the rains don't come back. A friend is putting a 5-speed in his 74 Vette and I'm letting him feel the Ford fun, so I can try his after his work is complete.

I've got about 2700 miles since purchase in early November.

Isn't it great to be alive?

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/A...egalparking.jpg

70 ish here today, first car show of the year, all the awards were won by PT-Cruizers, there was 4 GT500's and mine, Local show put on ther local club

you must have went to a PT-Cruiser car show

let me guess...the awards categories were: :idea:

"best PT-cruiser pant job"

"best factory original PT-cruiser"

"best custom PT-cruiser"

"best 4 cylinder PT-cruiser"

"best V6 PT-cruiser"

"best PT-cruiser of show"

<_<

mine is a daily driver

i havent had a chance to wash mine all winter.my car was white but its brown now. it either too cold or raining.:petting:

Good on you Fatboy. At least you're getting to drive it. That's better than leaving it in the garage all winter. But you know rain makes it easier to wash. Just soap her down and let the rain do most of the rinsing :headspin:

Jim

I get too anxious and end up taking mine out whenever the roads are dry. I know I'm going to get caught out in a bunch of snow and salt if I keep running around in mine, but I can't help it...I've put about 950 mi. on mine in six weeks in Ohio in the dead of winter.

Archived