TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Challenger Unveild

diamondback

Anyone go to the Chicago auto show yet and check out the challenger yet(I am going next week)? I like the looks of it but it looks a bit bulky sort of like a boat. I think the 20' rims on it dont help.

The only thing I am jealous about is all the features that we dont have. Painted mirrors, Heated mirrors\seats, Power seat(s), 30gig Hard Drive(music, pictures), Remote Start, hands free phone, blue tooth sync, 3 Radio control(garage door opener, house lights,ect), controls on the steering wheel, the coolest feature I think is a timer feature on the gauge to do 1/4 mile, 0-60, braking distance, and a G-Force Meter.

The Shelby is way better looking and will take this boat anytime though I just wish I had a few of these fatures.

I would bet the 2009 Shelby is going to get the Ford Sync system to compete with the Challenger.

Remember, this Challenger is a base $40K + car. Our cars start out as base $30K cars. So, one should expect more. I imagine Ford will now address this stuff on the next Mustang, but we'll have to pay for it, it won't be free.

I have an '08 GT-500 and the only option i ordered was the IUP. Everything else that was offered to us was a waste (IMHO). As for the Challenger, only options i'd jump on would be: 1. Painted mirrors 2. Timer feature for 1/4 mile, 0-60, braking distance, and a G-Force Meter. All those other options (as well as some of the stuff offered to us) would be much better in a "luxury car/SUV". Give me options like rims/rear gearing/handling pack....things like that.

and to follow...

In this weeks issue of Autoweek, it states the Challenger is only available in a automatic, at least for the first year (I never paid attention to its specs before) and its almost 4200 pounds...

Sweet, bring back the slant 6 and and the Duster... :hysterical:

Can you say, with a scottish accent, "are you a great big porkae"

I'd be down with the heated seats (as we have an '08 Vert) for those cool evenings with the top down..

I saw all 3 Challengers today, orange,black and silver. I was an all Mopar guy for about the last 20 years and this is just my opinion....I am very happy that I bought 2 500's, the Challenger is nice but to me I think the interior seems a little cheap and the proportions of the car are.... I don't have a good word for it other than a little off. I may just be jaded from owning all the 1970 e-bodies that I have had over the years?

Don't get me wrong as far as a modern version goes I would give it a 7 or 8 out of a 10. Which is good enough in this day and age! It is amazing that any of the 60-70's vintage style cars are being built at all.I feel that the 05-08 Mustang hit it right on the money with styling and performance and the Challenger got close. I may eventually buy one but will wait for prices to come down and see what some of the people that purchase them have to say once owning one.

Now the new Camaro was there as well with the ZR1Corvette, the Camaro rates about a 2 on the scale of 1 to 10 in my book. What was Chevy thinking? I saw all the pic's of it but after seeing it in real life like it even less!

The ZR1 Corvette......well that thing is a beauty! I am not a Corvette person but sure wouldn't mind one of them.

Everyone see cars a little different than the next person that is what still makes this hobby fun and these are my feelings as how I see them.

I also saw the Nissan GT-R, for a "ricer type car" looks ok but doesn't have muscle car feel about it which why would it? It's geared to the fast and furious group and I am sure its awesome but not what I am looking for......guess that's what happens when your pushing 50!!!

Oh almost forgot the green Bullitt was there...very nice.......and a blue GT500KR.....really a beautiful car and it was on the floor but locked so you couldn't sit in it......too bad they are so much$$$$$$ I would sure like one of them in that blue!

I saw all 3 Challengers today, orange,black and silver. I was an all Mopar guy for about the last 20 years and this is just my opinion....I am very happy that I bought 2 500's, the Challenger is nice but to me I think the interior seems a little cheap and the proportions of the car are.... I don't have a good word for it other than a little off. I may just be jaded from owning all the 1970 e-bodies that I have had over the years?

Don't get me wrong as far as a modern version goes I would give it a 7 or 8 out of a 10. Which is good enough in this day and age! It is amazing that any of the 60-70's vintage style cars are being built at all.I feel that the 05-08 Mustang hit it right on the money with styling and performance and the Challenger got close. I may eventually buy one but will wait for prices to come down and see what some of the people that purchase them have to say once owning one.

Now the new Camaro was there as well with the ZR1Corvette, the Camaro rates about a 2 on the scale of 1 to 10 in my book. What was Chevy thinking? I saw all the pic's of it but after seeing it in real life like it even less!

The ZR1 Corvette......well that thing is a beauty! I am not a Corvette person but sure wouldn't mind one of them.

Everyone see cars a little different than the next person that is what still makes this hobby fun and these are my feelings as how I see them.

I also saw the Nissan GT-R, for a "ricer type car" looks ok but doesn't have muscle car feel about it which why would it? It's geared to the fast and furious group and I am sure its awesome but not what I am looking for......guess that's what happens when your pushing 50!!!

Oh almost forgot the green Bullitt was there...very nice.......and a blue GT500KR.....really a beautiful car and it was on the floor but locked so you couldn't sit in it......too bad they are so much$$$$$$ I would sure like one of them in that blue!

Thanks for the heads up on what to look for when I go Saturday. Sounds like it is a good show this year to not miss!

Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. :poke::headscratch::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am sorry that I couldn't post no pic's, my son took some nice ones with his H.P. digital camera. I tried to down load them at home last night when I posted ...no luck... I thought well I have a better computer at work I will just do it in the morning. Well on my computer it attempts to down load the pic's and gets about 41% then stops and says corrupted memory card. Sheesh....I can view the pic's on the camera? When I get home tonight I will see if my son can get them downloaded and he can e-mail them to me and I will post them. It seems like most things, it is never the easy way!

I am sorry that I couldn't post no pic's, my son took some nice ones with his H.P. digital camera. I tried to down load them at home last night when I posted ...no luck... I thought well I have a better computer at work I will just do it in the morning. Well on my computer it attempts to down load the pic's and gets about 41% then stops and says corrupted memory card. Sheesh....I can view the pic's on the camera? When I get home tonight I will see if my son can get them downloaded and he can e-mail them to me and I will post them. It seems like most things, it is never the easy way!

Or you can take the mem card to Walmart and have them put the images on a CD and then load em on your PC.. :happy feet:

Remember, this Challenger is a base $40K + car. Our cars start out as base $30K cars. So, one should expect more. I imagine Ford will now address this stuff on the next Mustang, but we'll have to pay for it, it won't be free.

Our start out at base $19.9k cars actually.

Archived