TEAM SHELBY FORUM

somebody's new gt500 braving a wintry vail pass

MoTheDigitalDiva

I live in a little town north of Boulder. This is pecisely why I didn't try to drive mine back from Vegas.

I 70 in this region has had snow every day for something like the last two weeks. Two days ago it was closed (again!) for 12+ hours.

I had 12 friends trying to get to Brekenridge to go skiing Thursday when 1-70 was closed. Stuck in Denver for an additional day until the pass reopened. They said it was a pain in the butt to be sitting in Denver holding your paid Ski Lift Tickets that were are now worthless.

HSURB

I had 12 friends trying to get to Brekenridge to go skiing Thursday when 1-70 was closed. Stuck in Denver for an additional day until the pass reopened. They said it was a pain in the butt to be sitting in Denver holding your paid Ski Lift Tickets that were are now worthless.

HSURB

That does suck - too bad they didn't call me. I would've told them to take 285 to 9 through Fairplay and iver hoosier pass. It would've taken several hours in a snowstorm but it would've been better then sitting in boring Denver with pd $85 lift tickets! Today's lesson: never buy lift tickets in advance - when you get to Denver, stop at a King Soopers (or another similar grocery store) for discount lift tickets!

That does suck - too bad they didn't call me. I would've told them to take 285 to 9 through Fairplay and iver hoosier pass. It would've taken several hours in a snowstorm but it would've been better then sitting in boring Denver with pd $85 lift tickets! Today's lesson: never buy lift tickets in advance - when you get to Denver, stop at a King Soopers (or another similar grocery store) for discount lift tickets!

Thanks for the advice. Knowing this group of friends - they probably set-up camp in the parking lot of Apple Jacks!!!!! For those who don't know, it is a Liquor Super Store that is a must stop on your way skiing.

HSURB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived