TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Autobell

mike

I am pretty sure I know the answer from most (if not all) of you on this one. Thought I would ask anyway. We have some very nice cars where I work (porsche, 350Z, mercedes) and they all use Autobell to get their cars cleaned. I always hear "they have a sign that says your car has been washed by the same machine 3 times before you purchased it". Whatever! I just don't know about that. I can make a sign that says anything if I want to get people to purchase my service.

Mike

I would not use that on my car. I always wash it myself too. There is another thread where one of our members (GT500FLYBOY) shows pics of damage done to his side stripes after he went to an automatic car wash. I would definitely stay away from those.

I would not use that on my car. I always wash it myself too. There is another thread wher one of our members (GT500FLYBOY) shows pics of samage done to his side stripes after he went to an automatic car wash. I would definitely stay away from those.

I just read that post by GT500FLYBOY. That pretty much seals it for me. I will be sticking with the driveway hand washing my car. I am going to send one of the pics of FLYBOYs car to the guys at work.

DO NOT LET ANYONE ELSE WASH YOUR CAR

I made that mistake last weekend, I thought it was safe because it was done by hand but now my car is covered in swirls and scratches, some bad, I don't know if they can all be buffed out.

Ill be taking it to someone about 500 miles from me that I consider the best so if they can be removed hes the guy for the job.

Im worried, and very upset :(

DO NOT LET ANYONE ELSE WASH YOUR CAR

I made that mistake last weekend, I thought it was safe because it was done by hand but now my car is covered in swirls and scratches, some bad, I don't know if they can all be buffed out.

Ill be taking it to someone about 500 miles from me that I consider the best so if they can be removed hes the guy for the job.

Im worried, and very upset :(

That sucks Chuck. :rant:

Dirty rags, grit on sponges, careless workers... that's why NO ONE touches my car.

I was with a customer last summer to pick up his $150,000 Porsche from a "top notch" detail shop... when I was waiting for him to check out I watched 2 of the workers drop the microfibre cloths they were using on the ground. They picked it up, shook it off, and kept on going on the AMG Mercedes they were working on.

I immediately told the owner what I saw. He said, "the floors clean, don't worry about it."

My customer was pretty pissed to say the least!

I have cleaning supplies at home that are only for the Shelby and I am the only one that cleans it.

Funny thing now that we are on the subject. my kid (who I am supporting through college, gas insurance etc..) went to a automatic car washand charged the $10.00 bill to my debit card) Need I say more? that won't happen again!!

They have plenty of time for video games but won't do mannual labor.

I would be the only one to clean my car but up here where it snows, it is just too cold to wash it myself, so I have to take it to a detailer with a heated garage to wash. I took it to the wrong one apparently.

Im optimistic after a "good" detailer buffs it and waxes it, all the scratches will come out. I mean how much damage can you really get from just a wash? They must be superficial scratches not all the way through eeehhh

Archived