TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Detailing

ShowCar

Steve,

When using the Porter Cable 7424, is there anything you spray onto the pad prior to applying a glaze or carnauba? I saw it on a Meguiars training film. Also, are there any good training videos on how to properly use the Porter Cable for us first time users? Thanks.

Mark

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark, you can use any detail spray. Lightly mist some on the pad. Apply the product in a large X to spread the product evenly and turn the machine on. Theres alot of videos outhere, the problem is they dont really give you a feel for how the machine works. Alot of my clients tell me my hands on class is great because a video doesnt really show you how a machine works. I tell alot of people who buy my products and a polisher to try the machine on a beater car or a old hood from a junkyard and practice. Never ever practice on the Shelby. Happy Detailing.

Heres something new for the members in cold climates around the country. Its called Quick & Easy Wash. All you need is,

two buckets

two mitts

A garden sprayer or pestiside sprayer( if the car is really dirty)

QEW

Drying towel.

Put a few capfuls of product in each bucket. Add hot water to each. Use the sprayer to rinse the grime, salt, and other loose dirt off the car. Next wash the bottom half of the vehicle with one bucket, and the top half of the vehicle with the other bucket. Start from the roof and go down. Keep soaking the mitt in the bucket each time you clean the panel. Lastly dry off the vehicle either all at once or a panel at a time. Ive researched this stuff for a while and used it on numerous cars with ZERO scrathes or marring. Now if you cant see what color the car is because its so filthy this stuff isnt for you. A good hose and two bucket wash may be needed. Many people love this stuff because its easy to use with great results. It was designed for RV's but the new formula is safe on Clearcoats because of the added lubricants that help lift the dirt off the paint. Any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.showcardetail.com/QuickEasyWash.html

WildAZcat, thank you for the order. It will ship Monday. You will see a difference. Make sure the surface is clayed first.

I ordered last night after 9pm and I just got the email from UPS that my item will be shipped. Impressive customer service.

I do plan on claying first. I also routinely use Waterless Dri Wash and Guard? Are you familiar with this product? Should I use it with the wet glaze? If so in what order should it be used?

Thanks again for all your help. Funny how your product descriptions got me excited about detailing my car...

I have no experience with Dry wash guard. I was very skeptical on any waterless wash. I tried out QEW and was impressed so I washed more vehicles. Then I went to clients homes to wash their vehicles and there were local water use restrictions. So I use this product more than a garden hose in a pinch. I like it and use ity on my BLACK Shelby and it works. So keep using what youre using. You can glaze after the wash and clay. We try to get the orders out as soon as possible because we are impatient and dont like to wait for products out ourselves.LOL Give it a try and let us know what you think. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Steve,

Finally, after a few months, had the time (and the car - it's been in the shop a couple times) to do the car. I clay barred, glazed and two coats of wax. Wow!!! Thank you so much!! Of course, I did it all by hand and I can barely move my arms. This will certainly only be a twice a year thing unless I learn how to use a machine. (:

Thanks again!!

Chuck

Steve,

Finally, after a few months, had the time (and the car - it's been in the shop a couple times) to do the car. I clay barred, glazed and two coats of wax. Wow!!! Thank you so much!! Of course, I did it all by hand and I can barely move my arms. This will certainly only be a twice a year thing unless I learn how to use a machine. (:

Thanks again!!

Chuck

I was sore for a few days too... but it was well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered from ShowCar. I ordered some stuff, and then called, duh, should have called first. I needed more stuff, clay bar, polish, wet gloss and finally sealer. I even aked if I could do it in stages, and of course the answer was no. Took me about 5 hours, but boy can you tell the difference. Thank you ShowCar for the knowledge and help. In fact, because I had to pay two shipping charges, he threw in a few extras. Now that is customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been getting alot of emails regarding proper drying of our Shelby's. Just thought I would add what we now carry in our detail line up. Its a jet dryer designed to replace the leaf blower when drying the car. Its 16 inches long and weighs about 3lbs. The tip is rubber so you cant scratch the car. And yes it does a great job blowing the water out of the crevices(like quarter windows). It blows at over 100mph. On another note Its our Business Anniversary so we are celebrating. :yahoo:

Heres the pic.

highresblowerA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some pics I took of the SGT with a new product Im researching. It really makes black wetter than anything Ive ever used. The reflection, depth, clarity, and color are taken up a few notches. Heres the pics.

DSC01780.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01789.jpg

DSC01790.jpg

The camera is a Sony Cybershot 7.2 mega pixel.

I have been getting alot of emails regarding proper drying of our Shelby's. Just thought I would add what we now carry in our detail line up. Its a jet dryer designed to replace the leaf blower when drying the car. Its 16 inches long and weighs about 3lbs. The tip is rubber so you cant scratch the car. And yes it does a great job blowing the water out of the crevices(like quarter windows). It blows at over 100mph. On another note Its our Business Anniversary so we are celebrating. :yahoo:

Heres the pic.

highresblowerA.jpg

Nice unit.

What would one of those cost ?

I just tried some of Showcar’s products on my wife’s 2007 Ford Escape. She cleaned up real nice and now has a great shine. I spent 2 days on and off fussing with the car. I did the following to it.

1. Oil & Filter change.

2. Wash outside with Showcar wash.

3. Vacuumed inside carpets

4. Clean Leather with Showcar leather Conditioner.

5. Clay bar outside of car.

6. Wax all surfaces with Showcar wax.

7. Apply tire dressing.

Escape2007001.jpg

Escape2007002.jpg

Escape2007003.jpg

Escape2007004.jpg

Escape2007005.jpg

Escape2007006.jpg

Escape2007007.jpg

Escape2007008.jpg

Escape2007009.jpg

The Black Box looks to have dyes and fillers in it to make black even more black. From what I read the user had to wear gloves to apply the products. That's just not right in my opinoin. I would worry about the stripes accidently getting product on it too. The last thing that doesnt make sense is you get three products for about $20.00. It seems awfully cheap even for a TW product. If I had a choice between TW or Zaino products I would pick Zaino hands down. Heres the thing Im always researching products and coming out with my own products because I expect better than whats out there. Right now I just came out with a product called Show Car-nauba.

Its the best product I carry for the DIY that wants the wettest, deepest, and most reflective paint around. I always try to out do my products and come out with better. The wax is not cheap, but anything worth doing never is.

Check it out.

DSC01790.jpg

This is the reflection of me in the door.

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

Heres some information regarding the wax

http://www.showcardetail.com/showcarnaubawax.html

Show Car,

In Tampa we cannot wash our cars for three months, June 30th to be exact. Hopefully

What suggestions do you have?

It has not rained in three months and there is no more water, no lawn watering, no pressure washing, we can bathe although.

John

Archived