TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Detailing

ShowCar

John,

Theres always an option in a situation like that. You can use Quick and Easy Wash in two buckets and wash the car that way. It all depends on how dirty the vehicle is? Call me and I will help you figure out a way. 773-612-1332

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have been getting alot of emails regarding proper drying of our Shelby's. Just thought I would add what we now carry in our detail line up. Its a jet dryer designed to replace the leaf blower when drying the car. Its 16 inches long and weighs about 3lbs. The tip is rubber so you cant scratch the car. And yes it does a great job blowing the water out of the crevices(like quarter windows). It blows at over 100mph. On another note Its our Business Anniversary so we are celebrating. :yahoo:

Heres the pic.

highresblowerA.jpg

I have one of these and it works great on my black SGT. :dance:

This is what most people use to "DETAIL" cars.

Mostpeoplesdetailcollection.jpg

:hysterical2:

On a serious note,If any fellow Shelby owners have Detail questions Feel free to PM me.I own a detail business and dont like what I see from most enthusiasts.Some people actually use the stuff you see above. Let me state Im not here to make money just to help with advice.

Remember there are no dumb questions just dumb mistakes.

The question I have is about the california car duster. Does it do what it claims? they say that it will take the dust off without streaking or scratching. I am a believer that once it gets dusty to just wash it because the water acts as a lubricant for the dust and not scratch the finish. But I know lots of people use the duster. Whats your take on it?

The duster works on light dust only. It wont replace a hand wash although people do try. Ive used it on my Shelby many times and it hasnt scratched yet. As for smearing they only do that when new. Usually when the directions are not followed that come in the kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Show Car,

Is there a product avaliable to help prevent bugs from sticking to the car. I wax the crap out of my car but, helping to control the mosquito population in North Dakota can become challenging when driving to an event. I use a detail spray and "bug scrubber" cloth to remove them once I arrive but, it can get frustrating. Just wondering if you have any tips or tricks?

Thanx,

Will

I sell Stoner Speed Bead. Its a quick wax that sprays on. Its what I use on my car and clients cars before car shows. Its not a long lasting product but for bugs and minimal work its perfect. Just spray on and let haze then wipe off. Hope this helps.

I sell Stoner Speed Bead. Its a quick wax that sprays on. Its what I use on my car and clients cars before car shows. Its not a long lasting product but for bugs and minimal work its perfect. Just spray on and let haze then wipe off. Hope this helps.

Will you have any of your products at Volo as a show and tell for people to order? Rick Gardner

New Guy Here. Just bought 08 SGT 0348 at dealer in Fairport New York yesterday. Vista Blue. The stripes seem to have some pretty decent oxidation or something like that. What would be the best safest product to clean these up? I am thinking the car has been outside for a while

I can bring products with me if you are interested? I wont have a table set up though.

billtoole, Congratulations on the shelby. I would try a clay bar on the stripes and see if that will clean them up. From sitting outside they may be permanently stained. You may want to see if they can be warranteed. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
I can bring products with me if you are interested? I wont have a table set up though.

billtoole, Congratulations on the shelby. I would try a clay bar on the stripes and see if that will clean them up. From sitting outside they may be permanently stained. You may want to see if they can be warranteed. Good luck

Looks like I have to go through warranty, from some of the stories I have seen about how long it takes to get replacement and how the job is not always done so well I was hoping to clean existing. Clay bar didnt even touch the stains! Oh Well! Thanks for the heads up though. I find that if I go really fast I do not even notice the staining! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked, Thank you for the order. It ships today. Bill most stains arent very obvious unless you are looking for defects. If the sun is out it really makes the stripes look good from what Ive seen. Enjoy the car flaws and all.

• 3 weeks later...

went through the warranty. New stripes, new scoop. car has been at the dealer for almost 2 weeks. Went by to check and the hood stripes were uneven and had to be redone! Wating on the new hood pins to be installed and then I am officially back on the road!! :)

Thanks for all the help ShowCar. What product do you reccomend to keep these new stripes preserved as long as possible?

Showcar,

I used your hand glaze this past weekend on a friend's Vista Blue GT500. The paint was already in excellent shape, but it did bring out a deeper luster with more gloss. It also helped fill in some minor clearcoat scratches that were put on there by the dealership when new.

I also like how a small amount of your product goes a long way.

Thanks,

Sudguy4

Billtoole, I would recomend using our Glaze and then Wet Wax or Paint Sealant to keep them looking good for a long time. Apply it every six months for best protection.

Sudguy4, glad you like the product. If you use small amounts the bottle should be able to do about 25-30 mustang sized cars. Less is more with our products.

• 2 weeks later...

received the glaze and wet wax this week. Used the clay bar on the car today, followed with glaze and wet wax. Just a small amount of your product really goes a long way for sure. Car looks great thanks ShowCar

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks ShowCar, good info here!

I do all my own paintwork as I practically grew up in a body shop, and my final step in finishing any paint work is to polish with either HiTemp's HT-421 gloss intensifier, or 3m's Perfect-it 05996 (both for dark colors, but asking primarily for my black shelby here). My question is can either of those be used on the stripes for one, and two, do they do what you are suggesting for those steps before wax? or is using the red moose glaze a better choice for use prior to wax?

Lastly, I'm thinking of trying your car-nauba wax, and given the price, i'm curious about how many applications (roughly) I could expect out of that 8oz can on a '07 sgt?

thanks!

Jason

Thanks ShowCar, good info here!

I do all my own paintwork as I practically grew up in a body shop, and my final step in finishing any paint work is to polish with either HiTemp's HT-421 gloss intensifier, or 3m's Perfect-it 05996 (both for dark colors, but asking primarily for my black shelby here). My question is can either of those be used on the stripes for one, and two, do they do what you are suggesting for those steps before wax? or is using the red moose glaze a better choice for use prior to wax?

Lastly, I'm thinking of trying your car-nauba wax, and given the price, i'm curious about how many applications (roughly) I could expect out of that 8oz can on a '07 sgt?

thanks!

Jason

Trust me, it will last for a long time and I use my SGT as a DD and she still shines like a champ because of Showcar's products!!!

Show Carnauba wax has about forty applications per tin. Less is more with our products. Put it on thin and only put on one coat. Two coats just wastes product.The finish will not look any different. Ive tested it several different ways. It has no cleaners, polishes in it. It is a pure wax with polymers to increase life on the car. The products I use on the stripes are ClearKote Red Glaze or Show Car Glaze followed by a wax or sealant.

Wax and Sealant are two different products with two different end results. Most waxes( except Show Carnauba) last from one wash to four weeks. With a quality wax the wettness cant be matched by any sealant on the market. A waxed car just looks deeper, wetter, and more reflective. I use this on show cars where the paint needs to POP for a judged car show. Sealants last six months and are resistant to road salt and mother nature but, they dont POP like a pure carnauba wax. Heres a simple way to describe what to use on a vehicle,

Show Car or garage queen = Carnauba Wax(the higher the carnauba content the better the finish)

Daily Driver= Sealant

Now for the products you mentioned I dont use them mainly because they are for a body shop enviornment where speed is money. I would use Meguiars Pro line before I would use 3M. I believe in taking my time and Massaging the paint versus using a rotary buffer to cut and polish. This is of course my preference and my customers appreciate this especially when the paint is original. Hopefully this answers your questions.

Show Car,

What is the best way to clean your engine.

This is what I did...

I bought some engine cleaner sprayed it over the entire engine and used a hose and sprayed it down. Then I blew it dry and then hand dryed it.

OKAY or not.

John

bigtv,

It looks good. Be careful of certain engine degreasers or cleaners they could stain bare aluminum like our valve covers, throttlebody and so on. Read the labels on the back and they usually state if they are safe on aluminum or not. I still like to use Simple Green or Even Meguiars Saf T degreaser for engine details. They are both safe on engines, clearcoated wheels, interior, and exterior parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Showcar,

have a '08 SGT with 2 month old f'glass hood scoop and hood stripes. Probably considered a garage queen, no rain or snow. I've used

Mequires products for years and have been very satisfied. Previously, on this car, I used their "Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax" with excellent

results. I recently purchased their NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and after getting it home and reading the directions on the bottle I see it advises

not to use on ...vinyl surfaces.... I.ve waxed everything but the stripes. can I use this product on the stripes (all) or go back to the

carnauba on them?

Thanks for all your advice in this thread. It's certainly appreciated.

Don

Don,

NXT is fine on the stripes. You have been using the deep crystal wax on them for s while so this alone should tell you that NXT is safe. The only downside to NXT is it doesnt make paint POP like it should for a 15-20 dollar bottle of wax. If you are a Meguiars guy try their #20 pro sealant. It works so much better and lasts alot longer. It cost a little more but it is well worth it. I would say it compares to our Show Car Sealant as far as durability. Good luck.

Don,

NXT is fine on the stripes. You have been using the deep crystal wax on them for s while so this alone should tell you that NXT is safe. The only downside to NXT is it doesnt make paint POP like it should for a 15-20 dollar bottle of wax. If you are a Meguiars guy try their #20 pro sealant. It works so much better and lasts alot longer. It cost a little more but it is well worth it. I would say it compares to our Show Car Sealant as far as durability. Good luck.

Showcar,

Thanks for your reply and advice. Really appreciate it!

Don

Archived