TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More 2010 proof

mach1fever

The 09 is a definite

I keep reading that, yet we have no official announcement from either Ford or Shelby. And Amy B's comment about Shelby having a long-term contract does not count, since it does not specifically reference the GT500. So why does everyone keep saying that the '09 is definite? There are lots of theories out there, and some supposed "insider" information, but not one shred of real evidence so far.

I keep reading that, yet we have no official announcement from either Ford or Shelby. And Amy B's comment about Shelby having a long-term contract does not count, since it does not specifically reference the GT500. So why does everyone keep saying that the '09 is definite? There are lots of theories out there, and some supposed "insider" information, but not one shred of real evidence so far.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong on that one.

It DID specifically say GT500.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong on that one.

It DID specifically say GT500.

I wish I could find her reply. IIRC, the question was, will there be a GT500 in 2009? And her response was that Carroll had a contract with Ford well into the next body style. So I guess you can interpret that however you wish. To me, that is an evasive answer to the question. It also leaves the door open to a Shelby-badged product besides the GT500 for 2009.

It really doesn't matter to me either way. I just find it curious that it hasn't been confirmed or denied yet. Makes me wonder if Ford is waffling, if SAI has other plans, or what.

Mach, it's been my experience that zone personnel know as little as the dealers in most cases. The factory keeps them in the dark as well. They may know something a week or so ahead of the dealers, but as far as having something confirmed in writing, that's usually not the case.

I read an Amy post that there's was going to be a 09 GT500KR, and if there's going to be a KR I don't see why there wouldn't be a GT500. Also that there will be a GT350. I wish I could find it but don't remember where. So I see the 350 being their contract into the next model year and whatever new Shelby's they come out with.

Who is going to be buying all these cars? I know that as a 08 GT500 i'm out of the market for probably 30 years after spending so much on a unpractical car. Unless ford thinks of people like me as a sucker and starts to show ugly rebates on future Shelbys how many of us hardcore ford mustang owners are there. Really now that gas is a big concern?

There are a lot of people that are just out of range. Once rebates hit a lot of people will bite. Remember there are a lot of 03/04 cobra owners and people who will pass on the shelby gt because of dollar for dollar value of a 500 vs shelby gt. We are just now having msrp showing up. 5-10k msrp markup put it just out of reach. They will sell every single one.

Jon,

The only thing about the zone rep is that he had been denying it the whole time until now. There was no reason for him to change his tune unless it was the truth.

Roger

Who is going to be buying all these cars? I know that as a 08 GT500 i'm out of the market for probably 30 years after spending so much on a unpractical car. Unless ford thinks of people like me as a sucker and starts to show ugly rebates on future Shelbys how many of us hardcore ford mustang owners are there. Really now that gas is a big concern?

If the price of gas is a concern there might be a different interest for you to pursue. I lived through the 70s when every hot rodder thought if you didn't get 25MPG your car was trash. If we had the foresight to buy the Hemi Cudas and Boss Mustangs and all the "gas hogs" of the sixties most of us would be in a GT (40) instead of the GT 500. If you want to play you have to pay! My hobby is cars, don't matter what gas cost! All my drivers take premium and ya I cringe when it put the nozzle in the hole but that goes away when I start her up!

Archived