TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am heading to SAI tomorrow (I know lots of notice) and am going to drive my SGT (now GT/SC) back to Reno. I am concerned about rock chips. Will a standard mustang bra fit on the SGT or do I need one made for it or the mustang gtcs? :banghead:

Thanks

Russ

I am heading to SAI tomorrow (I know lots of notice) and am going to drive my SGT (now GT/SC) back to Reno. I am concerned about rock chips. Will a standard mustang bra fit on the SGT or do I need one made for it or the mustang gtcs? :banghead:

Thanks

Russ

You need a GTCS bra, but last time checked they were not on the market, yet.

there is a bra that is available from Colgan Custom. One of our members graciously lent his car to colgan to use as a model. My apologies but I do not have his name at this time. But try Colgan Custom in California. When you call ask for Morissa.

PERFECT :superhero: I think I'll use the "custom" blue painter's masking tape for the drive home, but I will order the bra tomorrow...

Thanks,

Russ

there is a bra that is available from Colgan Custom. One of our members graciously lent his car to colgan to use as a model. My apologies but I do not have his name at this time. But try Colgan Custom in California. When you call ask for Morissa.

I can't remember who it was either, but that is exactly what I did. The Cologan Custom part number is PR1474.1 for the 2 piece front end cover for the Ford Mustang Shelby GT ($171) and part number MC1474 for the mirror covers ($45).

I can't remember who it was either, but that is exactly what I did. The Cologan Custom part number is PR1474.1 for the 2 piece front end cover for the Ford Mustang Shelby GT ($171) and part number MC1474 for the mirror covers ($45).

Found a great deal for you guys! PR1474 $119.95, free shipping, and no sales tax. ;-) I bought the carbon fiber look cost extra $10 and no license plate cut out extra $20...total $149.95. :happy feet:

http://www.autoseattle.com/default.htm

Careful guys...some of these bras can do more damage than the rocks on the road.

I have seen it first hand. Not my car thank God, but it does happen.

One guy in my local car club, got all kinds of abrasive marks from the bra on his stripes. I believe someone in the BB Bull run had some issues too.

Careful guys...some of these bras can do more damage than the rocks on the road.

One guy in my local car club, got all kinds of abrasive marks from the bra on his stripes. I believe someone in the BB Bull run had some issues too.

Thanks Sue! Yes, bra's can be tricky :devil2: ...LOL...but I know what you mean. You are correct that a bra could cause more damage than good. I will check it out and let you guys know what I learn about the good, bad, and ugly.

Thanks Sue! Yes, bra's can be tricky :devil2: ...LOL...but I know what you mean. You are correct that a bra could cause more damage than good. I will check it out and let you guys know what I learn about the good, bad, and ugly.

I have too much time on my hands, and I have been spending mucho $$$ on my ride. ;-) I have been retired for 3 months now, but I am starting a new job on Monday. I need more action than my car hobby...been just a little bored, but man my GT is pretty modded-out, now, in the last 3 months.

Thank god, otherwise I might go broke although I am in the midst of buying a 08 GT-500...oh, well!

I have too much time on my hands, and I have been spending mucho $$$ on my ride. ;-) I have been retired for 3 months now, but I am starting a new job on Monday. I need more action than my car hobby...been just a little bored, but man my GT is pretty modded-out, now, in the last 3 months.

Thank god, otherwise I might go broke although I am in the midst of buying a 08 GT-500...oh, well!

wahooo congrats !!! Keep it up and you might need two post retirement jobs !! :hysterical:

You're making me look forward to retirement! :happy feet:

mffarrell,

Very interesting to see another P-car fan on this board, I do not know many Mustang owners that own P-cars. I almost bought a 2004 996, but was afraid of the RMS issues. I will get another P-car at some point, must be nice to have 2.

Are you a Rennlist member? I stop by Rennlist and Pelican often.

Agreed!

Often this is because people buy cheap bras or fail to secure them properly such that the air over the bra causes it to move and shift and like some abrasive pad. This little back and forth will create small and later larger scratches in the car's finish. The problem I have with a bra is you really want to remove it as needed but install when desired. Today, to fit the bra correctly, you need to work on it making the process a royal PITA. So you either leave it on, a look I hate while it slowly works itself loose (scratches), or you take it off and it remains rolled up in the corner of the garage until you loose some fastener or something and it finally gets tossed with your once cool "I'd Rather Be Golfing" license plate frame.

If I were that worried I think I would go with the clear film bra and be done with it.

IMHO!

-Jeff

mffarrell,

Very interesting to see another P-car fan on this board, I do not know many Mustang owners that own P-cars. I almost bought a 2004 996, but was afraid of the RMS issues. I will get another P-car at some point, must be nice to have 2.

Are you a Rennlist member? I stop by Rennlist and Pelican often.

Carnut12,

RMS is not a big issue. I just had mine replaced on my 03 996...I didn't even know it was leaking. I have owned Porsches just as long as I have owned Mustangs/Shelbys...over 40 years, P-car nut as well, and I have owned just about every Porsche model except the GT and the 997...everyone of them had a oil leak at some point.

I don't belong to Rennlist, but I am a member of RennTech.org.

Carnut12,

RMS is not a big issue. I just had mine replaced on my 03 996...I didn't even know it was leaking. I have owned Porsches just as long as I have owned Mustangs/Shelbys...over 40 years, P-car nut as well, and I have owned just about every Porsche model except the GT and the 997...everyone of them had a oil leak at some point.

I don't belong to Rennlist, but I am a member of RennTech.org.

I know RMS is not a big problem if it is detected in time. If it is not, it can be a big problem, but those cases are rare. Good to have another P-car nut on here.

My next house will have at least a 3-car Garage, this 2-car stuff is for the birds. My last house had a 2 1/2 and it makes my new one look tiny. Then I could have 2 toys no problem. Kind of funny, buying a house so you can have more toys and I just bought the house I live in now 5 months ago.

I know RMS is not a big problem if it is detected in time. If it is not, it can be a big problem, but those cases are rare. Good to have another P-car nut on here.

My next house will have at least a 3-car Garage, this 2-car stuff is for the birds. My last house had a 2 1/2 and it makes my new one look tiny. Then I could have 2 toys no problem. Kind of funny, buying a house so you can have more toys and I just bought the house I live in now 5 months ago.

I think the bottom line is either your engine case is concentric or not. If it's not, and the go no/go gauge that fits into the RMS hole fails, then you are looking at a new engine.

I plan on having a seperate 4-6 car garage (2 lift bays) with my next house.

Lets keep this topic PG rated please! Just Kidding!!!

I am not sure I would put one on my car as I have seen some less than great results. But that's just me and my opinion. I drove my SGT to Vegas from Utah and back. I was nervous almost every mile about chips but in the end it was the bugs splattered all over my Black car that ended up to be the worst part of it all. It was the one time I had wished that it was white as the bugs seemed to bake right onto the Black paint in Vegas kind of like a bug zapper but with an initial splat and the quick flash of instant cooking. After many hours of cleaning the front of the car they all came off with no problems. Thankfully I didn't get any rock chips at all! It also helped to wash the car a couple times along the way!

I recieved my front bra today and installed it, very good fit and looks ok for a black bra on a white car, It is a two piece item and was easy to install, I will use it on long trips only. Rick

Rick, I just can't do it...ugh...I know it protects the car but at what cost? I hate the way they look.

Good luck with it, I'm sure in a few years your car will look far better than mine!

-Jeff

Rick, I just can't do it...ugh...I know it protects the car but at what cost? I hate the way they look.

Good luck with it, I'm sure in a few years your car will look far better than mine!

-Jeff

I know Iam not crazy about it either, but it may be worth it on a trip and I can always have it in the trunk and if I come across a bad road outta town I can slap it on in a hurry. Rick

I recieved my front bra today and installed it, very good fit and looks ok for a black bra on a white car, It is a two piece item and was easy to install, I will use it on long trips only. Rick

Being I was in Las Vegas when I began this thread I went to the local Ford dealer and viola! the stock mustang bra fits perfect! It may not look as good as some of the others, but it did protect the front of my car for the drive home.(and it was $132.00)

Russ

Archived