TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Charger Info for ALL 2008 GT's

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Bud/SAI - Any updates on the Environmental Cert?

Thanks!

FRPP/Whipple have theirs, ought to be available any time now.

Paxton, not until early '09.

Kenne Bell being brought on line in June.

See here for more details:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28774

Hey Bud / other moderators: Maybe the other topic (currently in the general GT forum) could be moved to this forum and this topic locked?

• 2 months later...

Not sure what anytime now means to some but the last post here was 27 May and it's now Aug and still no Whipple out for 08s. Sorry but that is piss poor in my book. Guess Kenne Belle will get the $$$ for those wanting to boost the car because they are ready for 08s!!

FRPP/Whipple have theirs, ought to be available any time now.

Paxton, not until early '09.

Kenne Bell being brought on line in June.

See here for more details:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28774

Hey Bud / other moderators: Maybe the other topic (currently in the general GT forum) could be moved to this forum and this topic locked?

Not sure what anytime now means to some but the last post here was 27 May and it's now Aug and still no Whipple out for 08s. Guess Kenne Belle will get the $$$ for those wanting to boost the car because they are ready for 08s!!

I considered the Whipple but the Whipple just never "did it" for me on the 4.6. I see the Whipple as belonging to the 5.4 (just MHO). I was a Paxton guy until this mess but, after my car was sitting at SAI for 6 months waiting for a Paxton, the KB seemed like the way to go after Bud said that it would be 2009 for the Paxton. You could always come over to the KB side. :D

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh - I can't decide what I want to do. Get the SHELBY GT/SC in the works and supercharge mine. . . . . . or . . . . . . Leave my SGT the way it is and go buy a GT500 and own both....................... Decisions, decisions

I do still wonder if the Kenne Bell will fit under the CS6 hood or not. . . . or if there is some modifications that need to be made to the underside of the CS6 hood to fit the pully and other items.

Jim - would you still have gone with the Paxton? or now that you've got the Kenne Bell is this the way to go????

Trevor

Jim - would you still have gone with the Paxton? or now that you've got the Kenne Bell is this the way to go????

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

All things being equal, I would have gone with the Paxton just because of the historical connection. I am not in the horsepower race so the difference between the two would be meaningless to me. The Paxton sitting in front of the motor has its advantages as well, such as heat soak, and you have to admit that the Paxton looks really great (not that the KB does not look good because it does). There is a significant cost difference between the Paxton and the KB, with the KB being the more expensive. Bottom line, there is no wrong answer. We do know that the Paxton will fit under the CS6 hood.

Jim

Gosh - I can't decide what I want to do. Get the SHELBY GT/SC in the works and supercharge mine. . . . . . or . . . . . . Leave my SGT the way it is and go buy a GT500 and own both....................... Decisions, decisions

Trevor

Wow, if that would have been an option for me I would gladly take the latter.

Realize that the Ford Racing/Whipple and Kenne Bell are superior to the Eaton in the GT500. In case that helps you with the decision process :)

• 2 months later...

How do I get in line for an S/C install at the factory?

What's the current lead time to get a car into the shop?

What's the estimated time to actually complete the job?

Is it pay in full before the work is done, deposit up front, or something else?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Ken

How do I get in line for an S/C install at the factory? What's the current lead time to get a car into the shop?

What's the estimated time to actually complete the job? Is it pay in full before the work is done, deposit up front, or something else? Thanks in advance for any info!

Ken

Hi Ken,

Your best bet is to contact Bud Mahoney at SAI (budm@shelbyautos.com). He runs the Mod Shop and can answer your questions. I had a KB put on my 2008 SGT and got it back in early August 2008. I put a deposit down. My turn around time was longer than yours will be because of some issues that have been resolved at this point. Good luck with your modifications. Bud's Mod Shop is a magic place. I saved my pennies and had Bud do a bunch of things at the same time my car was there for the KB.

Jim

Hi Ken,

Your best bet is to contact Bud Mahoney at SAI (budm@shelbyautos.com). He runs the Mod Shop and can answer your questions. I had a KB put on my 2008 SGT and got it back in early August 2008. I put a deposit down. My turn around time was longer than yours will be because of some issues that have been resolved at this point. Good luck with your modifications. Bud's Mod Shop is a magic place. I saved my pennies and had Bud do a bunch of things at the same time my car was there for the KB.

Jim

The mod shop at SAI in Vegas, unless something has changed, is not accepting cars back for modification. If you want to SC installed you will need to go to one of the authorized mod shops (RI, TX) to get the work done as of now.

The mod shop at SAI in Vegas, unless something has changed, is not accepting cars back for modification. If you want to SC installed you will need to go to one of the authorized mod shops (RI, TX) to get the work done as of now.

Not exactly true. We will be bring back the 07's and the 08 SGT's back in for mods right after the first of the year. I have a list of names that I will be calling back in to set up a definate appt. But, we will not be able to do any for the remaining part of this year. Now begining the New Year, we are going to kick some butt and get as many as possible in to have mods done!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! :happy feet:

Bud

Not exactly true. We will be bring back the 07's and the 08 SGT's back in for mods right after the first of the year. I have a list of names that I will be calling back in to set up a definate appt. But, we will not be able to do any for the remaining part of this year. Now begining the New Year, we are going to kick some butt and get as many as possible in to have mods done!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! :happy feet:

Bud

Great news! Time then for me to make some calls!

:happy feet:

:woohoo: This is good news. I think that there will be a lot of people that would look at this as an opportunity to make the pilgrimage to SAI for the tour and a museum delivery.

I've got the list of things that I want to do to my SGT. Now just need to work toward getting the $$$ together for these mods and another car for a daily driver. Once turned into a SHELBY GT/SC - she's going to be driven a lot less and enter shows a lot more. ;)

:woohoo: This is good news. I think that there will be a lot of people that would look at this as an opportunity to make the pilgrimage to SAI for the tour and a museum delivery.

I've got the list of things that I want to do to my SGT. Now just need to work toward getting the $$$ together for these mods and another car for a daily driver. Once turned into a SHELBY GT/SC - she's going to be driven a lot less and enter shows a lot more. ;)

Trevor,

It would be pretty cool to have two KB 2008 SGT cars in one family (inside joke). It does not matter what your daily driver is when you have a SGT/SC in the garage. Heck, I drive a 1999 Oldmobile Intrigue with 146,000 miles on it.

At the risk of straying off topic a bit (okay, a lot), I noticed you have Eibach Camber Bolts on your car. Do you have specs you could pass on in terms of the settings your alignment shop used for your car? Thanks. Hope all is well with you up Minnesota way.

Jim

Trevor,

It would be pretty cool to have two KB 2008 SGT cars in one family (inside joke). It does not matter what your daily driver is when you have a SGT/SC in the garage. Heck, I drive a 1999 Oldmobile Intrigue with 146,000 miles on it.

At the risk of straying off topic a bit (okay, a lot), I noticed you have Eibach Camber Bolts on your car. Do you have specs you could pass on in terms of the settings your alignment shop used for your car? Thanks. Hope all is well with you up Minnesota way.

Jim

Jim,

KB 2008 GT/SC is the plan my friend! I agree that it would be awesome to have two in the family!! I've got a vision in my mind of what I want my car to look like when it's all done. I'm sorta keeping that to myself so I can make some sort of 'Reveal' here on the forum. I don't really know why exactly, but that's what I'm doing! I mean no disrespect to Quantum or dis-loyalty to them. . . .They are one hell of an outstanding group of people and just as excited about being a part of, and involved with Shelby, as we enthusiasts all are. . . . I've never been to SAI, and I'd really like to take the tour of the facility and work out a museum delivery of my SGT when she's converted to the GT/SC.

As for the camber bolts. . . . honestly. . . . I was noticing that the camber was slightly different from one side to the other. I did a little reading, found that many suggested the Eibach camber bolts to be installed, so I had them installed. I don't recall if Josh down at Quantum had given me the spec sheet from before . . . and then after the install of the camber bolts and re-alignment. I'll look into this and get back to you.

Trevor

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Bud,

Is there still no word on an EO for the Paxton?

On a side note, would SAI ever consider installing the Edelbrock E-Force supercharger?

I really like the look and specs of that unit.

Also, what is SAI's labor cost for a supercharger install?

Finally, how does SAI handle the payment process?

Sorry to bug you again on this, I'm just trying to plan as far in advance as I can.

Thanks again.

Ken

• 2 months later...

any body out there tried the edelbrock e- force ? it does sound interesting for the 2008 gt just looking to find some info on this thanks, hotford, 08sgt1002

• 4 weeks later...

I've just had one (kit #25) installed on an 08 GO Coupe (08SGT0201) that I had shipped from California 450 miles ago. Its still at the Ford Dealer as they didn't get all the mods done on Friday. It fits under a V-6/Bullitt strut tower brace. The tech that did the install said it went on with no issues at all. he was having fun doing it. Getting to work on a car that isn't all worn out. He did find d mouse nest under the old intake manifold. Too many months sitting on the dealers lot in California. The engine started and idled well but it hasn't been out on the street yet. That happens tomorrow. From what I've read the 5 psi "tune" that comes with the kit puts down about 400 RWHP. That should be perfect for what I want. I had some blue FRPP valve covers installed in lieu of the faux Edelbrock coil/injector covers. Shelby shipped the guage package wihout the sending unit and wiring harness for the fuel pressure guage and I had to pay them to send it overnite so we could continue the install.......$20 more...... I'll take some pics when I get it home. Wnenn

Its installed and in the garage....the only word I can use to describe it is "WOW" It has the HP they should have had fromj Shelby. 400 at the rear wheels feels good. Wnenn

Sorry but it will be the end of next week before I'm back home. We left on vacation the day after I got the car back from the dealer. I only got to drive it about 50 miles with the supercharger in place. I'll get pics taken and posted when I get back. Wnenn

Archived