TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Charger Info for ALL 2008 GT's

Hi all!!!

I wanted to let you all know that we were just informed from Paxton and Ford that the EO Certifications will not be ready for another 3-4 months. This means that during this time, we can not install any Paxton Super Chargers or Ford Racing Whipple Super Chargers at this time. As soon as they are certified and ready ti install, I will post the information again.

Thank you,

Bud

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really glad I decided to not to get that s/c afterall.

Sorry Dig_it. I feel bad for you. Hang in there.

Me too.

Patience is a virtue, so I'm told :) If anyone can provide positive references to this assertion please PM me :):)

But we go out to Vegas 3-4 times a year so driving out this summer to get it installed isn't all that bad, I guess.

I'm really glad I decided to not to get that s/c afterall.

Sorry Dig_it. I feel bad for you. Hang in there.

Nah, don't feel bad for me. This effects all automtive enthusiasts. Government regulation vs. the pursuit of happiness is all. Besides, I'm surrounded by a lot of good folks that'll make things right. After all, the good guys always win!

Oh, and I spoke with Bud on the phone on Thursday AM. He's a real trooper. It sounded like he'd taken it from a few customers. I told him to ship it and I'll be back.

Really, the Shelby folks are really good. It's not their fault.

Thank the EPA "We're from the government. We're here to help you :)"

Hi all!!!

I wanted to let you all know that we were just informed from Paxton and Ford that the EO Certifications will not be ready for another 3-4 months. This means that during this time, we can not install any Paxton Super Chargers or Ford Racing Whipple Super Chargers at this time. As soon as they are certified and ready ti install, I will post the information again.

Thank you,

Bud

Bud,

Will this effect the 07 cars that are coming back for mods?

Jayson

I have been told that Ford changed something in the emissions. since they changed it now paxton and whipple have to RECERTIFY there programs.

michael morris

I did not know that.

Did that have anything to do with making all mustangs 50 state emissions instead of ordering them that way, or with just CA emissions or just federal emissions? Or was it something else?

I did not know that.

Did that have anything to do with making all mustangs 50 state emissions instead of ordering them that way, or with just CA emissions or just federal emissions? Or was it something else?

I don't know for sure, but I bet that was it. Really put the hurt on S/C sales for them & us (and everyone in between). Bud is a GREAT guy, he really works hard with all the customers, and always does his level best to alert folks of things like this.

BUT...on the brighter side of things.....you put an S/C in a S-GT, and you will have a rocket. And it is well worth the extra wait. We just have our fingers crossed that the EO will be released sooner rather than later!

Maybe we could get the cert's from NASA on this one! :happy feet: It probably would be quicker anyway! :hysterical::hysterical2:

• 3 weeks later...

What clutch/pressure plate upgrade does SAI use when they put a blower on the ShelbyGT's ?

have a UK customer who we are doing a lot of work on a Vista blue Mustang GT

What clutch/pressure plate upgrade does SAI use when they put a blower on the ShelbyGT's ?

have a UK customer who we are doing a lot of work on a Vista blue Mustang GT

As far as I know they don't do a clutch/pressure plate upgrade. I have only heard of one Shelby GT/SC have a problem with the clutch and it occurred on a dyno while trying to push out a BIG number. That owner did replace the clutch but I don't know what he used.

Ok ... thanks ... I ordered a clutch / pressure from Steeda .... some of the other forum members indicated the same to me that it wasnt upgraded.

Thanks for the info though !

Bud/Chris:

Monthly ping.... Any update on the EPA releasing the hold on the '08 upgrades?

Thanks!

For Whipple: CARB EO D-231-27, signed February 11, 2008

For Paxton: Nothing yet.

Check this out (Google is cool):

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

I see Kenne Bell received their CARB EO (D-271-16) for the 2008 Shelby GT500 (KR & SS) on the same day (FEB 11, 2008).

• 2 weeks later...
As far as I know they don't do a clutch/pressure plate upgrade. I have only heard of one Shelby GT/SC have a problem with the clutch and it occurred on a dyno while trying to push out a BIG number. That owner did replace the clutch but I don't know what he used.

Parts told me that the brake cooling kit w/ driving lights was not available. ??? Where did you get yours from?

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody it is well worth the wait. I waited for over three months to get my Whipple installed in my 2007 SGT and picked it up a week ago. Stunning results. Scary fast and fun to. Hang in there for those owning the 2008's and willing to make the jump to Hyperspace. :happy feet:

Parts told me that the brake cooling kit w/ driving lights was not available. ??? Where did you get yours from?

My guess - if you have the modification done at SAI or a certified affiliate shop (Tasca / Quantum Performance) they can complete the install of the lower grille and brake duct bezel/lights. For 'retail' purchase . . . . . I don't think that SAI has actually put together a 'kit' yet and that's what you and everyone else are waiting on. Just my $0.02 on that and only a guess. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
My guess - if you have the modification done at SAI or a certified affiliate shop (Tasca / Quantum Performance) they can complete the install of the lower grille and brake duct bezel/lights. For 'retail' purchase . . . . . I don't think that SAI has actually put together a 'kit' yet and that's what you and everyone else are waiting on. Just my $0.02 on that and only a guess. ;-)

Any word on the Paxton EO ?

Do you all know if you can keep the strut tower brace after installing the Paxton blower? If the Ford Racing strut tower brace will not fit, is there another brace that will fit? I really like the way the SGT handles and wonder if removing the brace will make it sloppier. I read another post where someone installed the Whipple and the brace had to go but that was with the CS6/GT-H hood. I have the GT hood with the faux cobra scoop.

Do you all know if you can keep the strut tower brace after installing the Paxton blower? If the Ford Racing strut tower brace will not fit, is there another brace that will fit? I really like the way the SGT handles and wonder if removing the brace will make it sloppier. I read another post where someone installed the Whipple and the brace had to go but that was with the CS6/GT-H hood. I have the GT hood with the faux cobra scoop.

I think the Shelby catalog says that the strut brace stays with the Paxton but not the Whipple. If you look at the architecture you see why - the twin screws and pully sit above the engine intakes on the Whipple. On the Paxton the Novi centrifugal unit sits between the radiator and the engine block.

• 1 month later...
Is there a Paxton EO number? Does (pending) approval of the Whipple EO affect the Paxton?

The CARB online database was updated My 9th. There still isn't any listing for a EO for Paxton superchargers for 2008 Mustangs. So it seems Paxton is still waiting for a CARB EO (approval).

Whipple received their EO on Feb 11th (and doesn't affect Paxton). Whipple says they're waiting for at least three different vendors to complete manufacturing the different parts of their new airbox for the 2008 Mustangs.

The news isnt good guys, sorry for all those waiting or with cars stuck at SAI.

We had planned on going out in July but are going in August instead (to see Rod Stewart at the MGM). Bud says he doubts they will be off hold before then. They are missing a whole model year due to some engineer sticking a carbon filter in the original box and forgetting to tell someone about it. I wonder if he works there any more.

I wonder how Ford Racing feels about this?

Archived