TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Personalized Plates

shel-b001

Drove by a Barrie City Cop driving a Police issue Charger. Gave me the Thumbs up!

No Front Plate.

`07 Shelby-- Good to know thanks -- What did you do with your front plate hang it in the garage?

Drove by a Barrie City Cop driving a Police issue Charger. Gave me the Thumbs up!

No Front Plate.

Nice....stay away from the Bradford police...not so nice, and will try and find anything else to give you more tickets...Unless things have changed since I grew up in Newmarket.

Cheers

Requis

Nice....stay away from the Bradford police...not so nice, and will try and find anything else to give you more tickets...Unless things have changed since I grew up in Newmarket.

Cheers

Requis

Funny you say that Barry! I've driven to work and back from Newmarket via Bradford for 18 years. Everyone that I work with has gotten a Ticket or Two, or More, except me!! Karma??! Time will tell......

`07 Shelby-- Good to know thanks -- What did you do with your front plate hang it in the garage?

Jim, it's getting 'Special Treatment'. I'll let you know more when I have it back in my Hands!

I really should get you Guys some pictures, shouldn't I? I'm going to drive her into work tomorrow morning and I think that I might take her to Wasaga Beach on the way home tomorrow night. So if any of you are at the Dard Friday evening.... See you there!

Guest markham51

I just left mine off. Plan to tell police it is a new car and front plate bracket never came with it. I keep plate in trunk in case they want to see it. it looks way better without front plate. My personal plate is Ontario "KINGROAD"

I just left mine off. Plan to tell police it is a new car and front plate bracket never came with it. I keep plate in trunk in case they want to see it. it looks way better without front plate. My personal plate is Ontario "KINGROAD"

Thanks -- I prefer to leave it off, just wondered if we can get away with it.

I also plan on leaving my plate off the front. As for the personalized part

<<<<----------------------

Hey Kaylan1521. I just received my Illinois "SHELBYE" plate in the mail. I put it to my 2005 sonic Blue GT which I just sold. Now if I could only get my Ebony/Tungsten GT500 to transfer the plate to!!!!

Hey Kaylan1521. I just received my Illinois "SHELBYE" plate in the mail. I put it to my 2005 sonic Blue GT which I just sold. Now if I could only get my Ebony/Tungsten GT500 to transfer the plate to!!!!

Where are you in IL? If you see VNMUS running around, let's go have a cup o Joe. Work in the city, live just west off the Ike.

:shift:

bj

Anyone out there with personalzed plates mounted on the front & if so could you please post a picture.

Not sure where they are to be mounted .Anyone?

BTW...interestingly enough, the only time I was ever cited for not having one on my C5 was when it was parked at North Avenue Beach. Had a city sticker but some pr*ck decided to leave me a ticket for no plate. Others will tell you that you can put it on the dash. Not only is that stupid and dangerous, it's also not legal in Illinois. There are specific mounting heights, points, etc. That said, I'm NOT drilling holes in the Shelby; I'm NOT hanging it off the underside of the bumper and ruining the lines of the lower inlet. My car doesn't come with one anyway because it's going to KY and they don't require them. I'd have to pay for one. No front plate is not a moving violation, so it doesn't give you any points if you get popped for it. I'll take the risk for the sake of style and cleanliness.

bj

Where are you in IL? If you see VNMUS running around, let's go have a cup o Joe. Work in the city, live just west off the Ike.

bj

BTW...interestingly enough, the only time I was ever cited for not having one on my C5 was when it was parked at North Avenue Beach. Had a city sticker but some pr*ck decided to leave me a ticket for no plate. Others will tell you that you can put it on the dash. Not only is that stupid and dangerous, it's also not legal in Illinois. There are specific mounting heights, points, etc. That said, I'm NOT drilling holes in the Shelby; I'm NOT hanging it off the underside of the bumper and ruining the lines of the lower inlet. My car doesn't come with one anyway because it's going to KY and they don't require them. I'd have to pay for one. No front plate is not a moving violation, so it doesn't give you any points if you get popped for it. I'll take the risk for the sake of style and cleanliness.

bj

bj

bj

I'm in the western burbs. Naperville to be exact. I'll keep an eye out for VNMUS.

• 4 weeks later...

I left my front plate off also. I asked local police what the $ of the ticket. $180.00 in Ontario. Ouch!!

My plate is HOTGT500

Ontario plate.

bj

bj

VNMOUS1 Just wondering how could some pr*ck give you a ticket for not having a front lic. plate when the car was PARKED?? Mustangnut

bj

bj

VNMOUS1 Just wondering how could some pr*ck give you a ticket for not having a front lic. plate when the car was PARKED?? Mustangnut

• 3 weeks later...

I left my front plate off also. I asked local police what the $ of the ticket. $180.00 in Ontario. Ouch!!

My plate is HOTGT500

Ontario plate.

I asked my buddy (OPP) what would be the most practical excuse if you get pulled over and they ask where's your front plate...he laughed and said they won't ask...if they notice its not on there, and there are no brackets...they'll just write you the ticket. He indicated lots of car collectors don't have the front plates on their cars and its common place when they see flashy cars. older cars to look upfront, its an easy traffic violation, and if there's any exhchange in language thats in appropriate the car can be picked up for inspection for further violations. He laughed it starts with the plates and usually ends up with the catalytic converters...etc. :o

All my brilliantly thought out responses were met with "just hope if you do get pulled over for speeding or whatever that they leave it at that and don't venture to the front of your car, and then hope if he does he's a car fan and agrees with you, or that he's an older gentleman who's been on the force for a number of years and simply lets you off with a warning to get it on there...and prey you never run into him or get pulled over by him again or your done.

Basically laughed at me every time I came up with something, and said nice try...if you plan on driving fast and drawing attention to yourself put on your front plate. :doh:

...and here I thought it would be easy to skate if I got pulled over... :huh:

after three hours of playing poker and constantly probing angles to try and get the most favoruable response he smiled at this one and said maybe.... :shift:

Cheers,

Requis

Hate to say it, but no plate on the front is just asking for a hassle. I have friends who are officers, but car nuts as well with hot rods of their own. I know from discussions with them that they will pull you over and if they find anything, will start writing tickets, but then also say that it is usually rice rockets that don't have the front plates on. The Shelby will naturally draw attention and I will likely be driving a little too fast, so they may see me driving a little too quickly and they may let me go, but if they also see no plate... too many things to just let go.... so unfortunately I will be putting the front plate on....BITTEN07 Ontario. FYI, the only one I have heard of being let off had an accident with the accident report with then to prove why the plate was not on... $180.00 will purchase some fun parts...

Archived